Home

Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" )

This is a discussion on Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" ) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" )

After what we saw on Raw, do people buy it? Or is this another one of WWEs hype machines at work, putting fancy buzzwords and taglines on things?

And if WWE is serious about changing, what are some things you think/hope they change?

I could go on forever, but one I'll mention branches off what Shane said to AOP. He said automatic championship rematches should go away. It's been around forever, but maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing? Speaking of which, maybe change other longstanding rules too? No more champ advantages like retain title by count out or dq?

Big picture though, changes need to be made behind the scenes. The way the shows are written, produced, presented needs to be changed drastically. It literally feels like watching the same thing every week in a bad way. Throwing in new faces with everything else 99% the same won't matter after a few weeks. Who's gonna care about ec3 if he eventually gets dropped like Bray Wyatt? Or who'll care about Sanity if they don't do much again, then just disappear for months?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2018, 01:48 AM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Time to Shake Things Up? (WWEs "New Era" )

I'm sure it's just a TV thing, but we'll get some new matches for a few weeks while they pretend to try and it's gotten rid of the evil authority gimmick for even a little bit....so I'm just going to enjoy this while it lasts.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 2

They mentioned again tonight during Asukas match about no guarantees rematches. I assume that’s why we didn’t hear Becky asking/demanding her rematch.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I believe the women should have a intercontinental/ us level title to help build the women that are not yet ready for the women's title.

The surprise element in the current wwe is lacking.
Maybe a couple times a year there should be a superstar that jumps to the other brand like in the wwe/wcw Monday night wars days.

You used to watch every show because you never knew what might happen or who would show up. Now you know you are guaranteed a cookie cutter repeat with very little omg moment potential.
All the new talent is either scared of screwing up so one of the guys in nxt will replace them or not given the creative push to become characters (The Rock, mankind, The Miz for example) so they are just wrestlers who simply read the script when doing promos.

Of course having a vacant* Universal title doesn't help if you're trying to make Raw a must watch show every week.

*I do not recognize that guy that shows up 4 times a year as champion.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #5

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
I believe the women should have a intercontinental/ us level title to help build the women that are not yet ready for the women's title.

The surprise element in the current wwe is lacking.

Maybe a couple times a year there should be a superstar that jumps to the other brand like in the wwe/wcw Monday night wars days.

You used to watch every show because you never knew what might happen or who would show up. Now you know you are guaranteed a cookie cutter repeat with very little omg moment potential.

All the new talent is either scared of screwing up so one of the guys in nxt will replace them or not given the creative push to become characters (The Rock, mankind, The Miz for example) so they are just wrestlers who simply read the script when doing promos.

Of course having a vacant* Universal title doesn't help if you're trying to make Raw a must watch show every week.

*I do not recognize that guy that shows up 4 times a year as champion.
I think both divisions should have a tv title. So there's a title guaranteed to be regularly defended on tv, and doesn't need to be defended on ppv.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #6
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I think both divisions should have a tv title. So there's a title guaranteed to be regularly defended on tv, and doesn't need to be defended on ppv.
Yeah, something like that where on any given show a title could actually change hands.
Anything that adds spontaneity and meaning to matches for the wrestlers that aren't in the world title picture would be an improvement and help to build them up.

Can already picture one of the heels with a promo something like " I hope you lazy, out of shape people at home are watching your tv champ on your 4k tv's so you can truly appreciate how great I look"
Old 01-16-2019, 12:43 AM   #7

Majingir's Arena

Seeing how they're introducing the NXT stars and having a one set of women's tag titles, might we get more crossover between the brands? I don't want things the way they were before where there were no brands and it just felt like watching the same show twice a week. But I wouldn't mind a change like making a perk of being a champ be that you can appear on either show.

Were could see a champ stay on one brand to avoid a certain superstar on the other show, or just be surprised each week not knowing which show(s) the champ appears on. And it obviously gives more importance to the titles.

In my ideal situation I'd have :
WWE title
IC
TV title
Mens tag
Womens title
Womens tag

Maybe keep US or Universal depending on how things get with champs on both shows.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:30 AM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Sounds like at least for 1 night WWE having logic and rules in the tag matches.

Might start enforcing rules like we saw on raw where you're dqed if you get involved too long as illegal competitor. Maybe other things re-enforced like needing to hold the tag rope, only tagging by hands and so on?

Little things like that go a long way in matches. Has WWE ever really gone through any kind of "rule changes"? Sure, who cares about rules in something predetermined, but the logic behind things matter. And seeing things more unique and changed up from what we've seen for decades is what needs to happen.

Not change for sake of change, but there's definitely things that could be done differently when it comes to matches and rules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »