Home

WWE Raw July Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw July Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2019, 04:03 PM   #17
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE Raw July Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
I'm sure if you look back you will find them, because I sure remember them. Even doing my throwback Universes in the dynasty sections I look back for inspiration and they sure happened.

45 sec to 5 minutes for squash matches for sure.

I just feel like that is a very minor thing to nitpick on when the show has been **** for so long now, and they finally had a good night.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Again, you're probably right. I do believe, however, that the no action during commercial breaks policy is going to be a detriment going forward, especially on a three hour show.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #18

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
It’s too bad you can’t tag people on this forum. It would be great if when there’s actually a good Raw the one person whose watching could tag everyone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Ya, sucks we cant tag people in posts. At least we get notifications on tapatalk if someone quotes you. But tagging would be cool too.
Quote:
Holy ****.

AEW typo on IG post.

Great 1st hour.

Street Profits.

I'm just going to say thank you to Paul Heyman even if he isnt fully in charge.

I'm now watching it. That was crazy! Dont care much for the Lashley feuds, but that spot was insane.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:24 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:

I just feel like that is a very minor thing to nitpick on when the show has been **** for so long now, and they finally had a good night.

There’s a quote in the “fall of WCW” book, that I’m paraphrasing, but basically it said that when you’re going well the fans forgive everything. Even the worst segment is at worst just looked over. But when you’re going bad then nothing is good enough. Every segment is looked a preconceived lense that’s it’s bad. And there’s nothing you can do to turn it around. There isn’t one turning point to change things. In Wrestling it takes years to turn things around.

I think that quote is extremely prevalent right now. As bad as the product has gotten, I feel like we dismiss the things that they are doing well. We’re nitpicking everything and not allowing ourselves to enjoy parts of the show. I feel more confident that WWE is closer to turning the corner than I did 3/4/5 years ago. Hopefully this Raw is a sign of things to come.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:28 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Ya, sucks we cant tag people in posts. At least we get notifications on tapatalk if someone quotes you. But tagging would be cool too.
Get Steve to upgrade these ancient forums! It's 2019 and we still can't see tweets on desktop on here, lol
Old 07-02-2019, 08:59 PM   #21
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

RAW saw an increase in viewership this week as Monday drew 2.496 Million viewers compared to last week's 2.276 Million. Hourly breakdown:

8PM: 2.47 million viewers
9PM: 2.68 million viewers
10PM: 2.35 million viewers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2019, 09:32 PM   #22

Majingir's Arena

Street Profits backstage interview was entertaining.

Lol, AJ walks up to Richochet, challenges him and slaps him!

Rollins/Becky promo was great.
Rollins: If I get pinned then Becky loses her title.
Becky: I wouldn't advise you to lose my title.
Rollins: Its an extreme rules match which means anything goes.
Becky: Except that. I sleep with this thing.
Rollins: She really does...its becoming abit of a problem.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-02-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #23

Majingir's Arena

What the......
That whole Kanellis stuff was messed up. Dont know what the purpose of that was, but it was different. Lol "maybe Becky could impregnate me".

Lol, street profits and Heyman! Maybe he did have a role in the show. We saw more backstage promos tonight which had comedy and actual feud building.

That 5 second Carmella vs Bliss match did more than some 10 minute match with the same match result would've done. I hope these shorter matches continues because it's working.

Nice ending to Raw. An actual big heel turn!

This was still the best explosive moment on Raw
https://youtu.be/63m8YGyfbnc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
There’s a quote in the “fall of WCW” book, that I’m paraphrasing, but basically it said that when you’re going well the fans forgive everything. Even the worst segment is at worst just looked over. But when you’re going bad then nothing is good enough. Every segment is looked a preconceived lense that’s it’s bad. And there’s nothing you can do to turn it around. There isn’t one turning point to change things. In Wrestling it takes years to turn things around.

I think that quote is extremely prevalent right now. As bad as the product has gotten, I feel like we dismiss the things that they are doing well. We’re nitpicking everything and not allowing ourselves to enjoy parts of the show. I feel more confident that WWE is closer to turning the corner than I did 3/4/5 years ago. Hopefully this Raw is a sign of things to come.

That's really true of most things. Like in sports. Are you mad that some guy on your team went 0/6 from the field when your team won the game?

And same with the flip side too. If your team loses all the time, is a guy putting up a double double every game so impressive?

Last edited by Majingir; 07-02-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #24
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Zelina Vega has issued a mixed tag team match to Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch to face her and Andrade in a match on RAW just days before Extreme Rules. Rollins has accepted the challenge on behalf of hid girlfriend Becky.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1146420408796631040

Can we just do the Corbin/Lacey vs Rollins/Becky match on RAW and Andrade/Zelina vs Rollins/Becky at Extreme Rules? Much better match.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »