Home

WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #73
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
FOX apparently was not happy with the Sheamus/Jeff Hardy Urine Test segment on SD Live. Said the segment violated FOX's "standards and practices", so they put in a commercial on the West Coast viewing of SD Live.
Nobody from WWE told FOX that was going to happen? Also, what was bad about the segment? Not like they showed anything. No different than crime shows on FOX and what they show.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #74
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Nia Jax tweeted this out to continue the storyline from RAW where Ref John Cone did a fast count after Nia pushed him.

https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status...91162155429888

Then the fans of course.... let her have it lol.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:56 PM   #75
MVP

stlducks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Nia Jax tweeted this out to continue the storyline from RAW where Ref John Cone did a fast count after Nia pushed him.

https://twitter.com/NiaJaxWWE/status...91162155429888

Then the fans of course.... let her have it lol.
I can't tell if she hurts people because she is a bad wrestler or if it is part of her character. Either way, some of those comments were funny but others were pretty bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #76

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlducks
Nobody from WWE told FOX that was going to happen? Also, what was bad about the segment? Not like they showed anything. No different than crime shows on FOX and what they show.
WWE is fake, until something happens where people can act appalled at it.

I guess having "simulated urine"(aka apple juice) thrown in someone's face is crossing the line?

I've seen way worse happen on regular tv shows.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:53 PM   #77

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Big match announced for Raw.

Asuka will put her title on the line vs someone who hasn't competed 1 on 1 for the Raw womens title on TV in over 3 years (true story, look it up).

Who could it be?

Ruby Riott?

Natalya?

Lana?

Nope, it's Charlotte.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:39 AM   #78
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

In a Championship match that we actually want.... AJ Styles defends the IC Championship against Drew Gulak next week on Smackdown. Drew will have Daniel Bryan in his corner.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:34 PM   #79
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

I enjoyed Smackdown this week. Matt Riddle had a great debut with AJ Styles putting him over. AJ is a full heel as I kept thinking he was going to be a tweener. But love him in this role. The show and its matches all had build up so everything that happened had a purpose too. With Shorty G's pre-match interview leading to his win over Mojo Rawley. Sonya Deville continues to be a highlight on the mic and it looks like her feud with Mandy isn't over with. The Jeff Hardy/Sheamus stuff was fine with me too.

Sasha Banks and Bayley are having a ton of screentime lately. With them being on commentary for New Day's tag team match and then next segment, Nikki Cross comes out to challenge Bayley with Bayley accepting the challenge for her "lackey" Banks to wrestle the match instead. Cross is great in her role here as she does remind me of Dean Ambrose. Lastly, wow at that Firefly Funhouse segment with Stroman. Bray Wyatt the Eater of Worlds is back. Bray was awesome here.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #80
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Is Bray another Mick Foley in the making or is it more of a Broken Matt Hardy deal? First he was Funhouse Bray, Cult Leader Bray returned last night to confront Braun and of course saving The Fiend for Summerslam. I like what they are doing with this, though I would have went a different way and tying the Wyatt Family history into things, it's been a good one so far.

I do wonder with likely Roman is out the rest of the year and won't be seen until he can safely return at some point next year, will The Fiend take the title off Braun? I can see that if and a big IF, everything is back to normal that Roman returns to win the Rumble and challenge The Fiend for Mania next year for the Universal Championship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »