Home

WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

This is a discussion on WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #41
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE Raw/Smackdown June Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Huh? I didn’t say i 100% certain Asuka would win at Summerslam. I said if this is the story they’re telling then it works, her losing last night for the sake of the story, if Asuka wins at Summerslam.

And no, Rhea shouldn’t have won at Wrestlemania. She’s so young and already has been shot to the moon with the wins she’s gotten. If she wins after the the run she went on then whose supposed to beat her if Charlotte loses? They be booked into a corner.

I do think Asuka should have won but that was the same thing. She was undefeated at the time which is never a good idea(exception being Goldberg). They were backed into a corner with Asuka. If she beats Charlotte then when does she ever lose?

I agree about the Sasha stuff though. That was dumb she kept losing right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
1) I know you aren't 100% certain. It is all based on the whims of Vince McMahon, who changes his mind from one moment to another.

2) Rhea should have won or they should have put a "veteran" talent over Shayna like Io, Kai or Nox (great "comeback" arch) instead of Rhea. A talent that can beat Shayna then turnaround and "believably" beat Charlotte.

Her beating Shayna was huge and that momentum should've continue against Flair. She's young, isn't fully established with the US crowds & has plenty of women to work with in NXT.

They weren't booked into any corner and just gave Charlotte a pointless, transitional title reign.

3. This point I can somewhat agree with. They still had other options to end Asuka's streak, but just like with Trish at SummerSlam, went with the old fall back of "just push Charlotte."

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 06-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 11:19 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 27

Boy, reading through this thread makes me glad I don't watch anymore. Sounds awful.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

You know why Charlotte should've beaten Asuka at Mania, because undefeated streaks ****ing suck. Always have and always will. Asuka had beaten LITERALLY everybody else in the company upto that point, and that win (similar to Roman beating Taker the year prior at 33, going into 34 against Brock) happened to give a Charlotte a boost for Mania the next year when she was penciled in to face Ronda in the main event at Mania until Becky got herself so over she forced her way into the match.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I have no problem with her beating Asuka Asuka when she was undefeated, it’s the directionless booking of the past two years that have made me sick of her. I see no benefit to doing things like having her win the NXT title only to lose it two months later in a triple threat match
Old 06-09-2020, 12:35 PM   #45
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Boy, reading through this thread makes me glad I don't watch anymore. Sounds awful.

People are overreacting, it really wasn't that bad. Wrestling has been like this forever with 1 person getting too much hype that people started to dislike them. Hogan, Triple H, Cena, Charolette.. People might not like it, but it has always been around and always will be.

I personally like watching Charolette and think she is very talented. If anything, I wish they cut out The Street Profits and Viking Raiders. That segment was pretty lame.

I think people dislike Charolette so much they are not giving the match credit. It was the best match of the night IMO and received the highest grade from any part of the show from a few after show reviews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2020, 01:10 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 27

I'm not talking about Charlotte. I'm talking about the overall product.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:33 PM   #47
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
I'm not talking about Charlotte. I'm talking about the overall product.

The experience is different without the actual fans, but there are still things to enjoy. McIntyre has been awesome as the world champ, Edge/Orton (and now Christian) have been great on the mic (the match will never, ever live up to the billing), they've managed to find a "personality" for the Viking Raiders (after that terrible drive-by karaoke skit), Seth is finally hitting his stride with the "martyr" gimmick, Zelina/Andrade/Garza are a great trio, etc.

The product had been solid and would be a lot better with the audience, IMO. Of course, they still have too much television to fill, yet that is a reality we have come to grips with.

Or like you are doing just don't watch it.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 06-09-2020, 01:40 PM   #48
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't mind overexposure if something is, you know, actually happening.

Getting on the mic and saying the same empty **** every time AND fighting and being vocal as hell during matches being annoying as hell? Fast forward treatment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »