Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 11:42 PM   #9
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread

My bad with the double post.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 08-03-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old 08-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

This week did feel like everyone was just told to say whatever. Don't think there was a single thing that sounded overly scripted.

I wonder if the rumors of Evolution returning (as in the all women's PPV) could be true. This show alone we got IIconics,Riott Squad, Golden Role Models, Baszler, Bianca and Zelina. All of them doing something feud related.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:10 AM   #11

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The Underground segment felt so damn forced lol. They are not the promotion that's capable of delivering on that concept. I'd say making the product look more like a bad movie is not the move to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 02:43 AM   #12
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Heard they taped two episodes today. Tonight's and next week.

It was said to be absolute chaos trying to write tonight's show. Multiple scripts torn up, Vince yelling and screaming at everyone. They had to switch segments around and scrap some stuff.

Of course this is just from a source so take it with a grain of salt. Although it's not hard to believe.

I guess Vince has been the worst he's ever been through all of this. The dude is gonna have a widow maker heart attack and survive it and come back and tell Bruce " You're FIRED,"
Old 08-04-2020, 03:39 AM   #13
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Raw was actually intriguing tonight, so if that's what it takes to put on a compelling show, I'm OK with it.

Underground stuff. Eh. Too many camera cuts. And Shane should not talk so much.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 08-04-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:01 AM   #14
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

Well this week's RAW sure got me going "wow." Main highlight of the night had to be that McIntrye/Orton promo. Both guys got to go off script with McIntrye mentioning how both guys were the chosen ones back in the mid 2000's but failed to be that guy. But luckily for Orton, his father was Cowboy Bob Orton and McIntrye ended up getting fired. Nice start to this feud.

Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan are back together during that KO Show segment and defeated the IIconics for revenge. Does this mean a tag team Title run for them once Sasha and Bayley are done with them? Would love to see that. Speaking of those two, they were in two segments. That Sasha/Bazler match up was fine for what it was. The company is trying to protect Bazler so the match finished in a no contest. Asuka was involved here too and looks like she finally will have character development. Nia Jax is suspended for attacking that WWE producer. Sure. Too bad Kairi Sane never got revenge against her. Loved the Street Profits promo before their solo matches against Garza and Andrade. But poor Montez got poisoned with something. Dominik continues to be featured and will get his match against Seth Rollins at Summerslam. Nice. Lastly, the Hurt Business was all over the show but everything made sense for their screen time. MVP lost the US Title, Shelton Benjamin lost the 24/7 Title so they all crash the RAW Underground set. And they looked badass destroying all the fighters in that set. While wearing a suit too. This is now the Hurt Business. And they are in charge of RAW Underground now. Loved how Lashley looked here. Making me forget about his awful booking for the past year or so. Nice way to end the show.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:25 AM   #15
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Would love to see the 24/7 title end up in raw underground.

Vince Russo is somewhere having a gasm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 10:56 AM   #16

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wanna see the 24/7 title wind up in the womens division for a bit. Truth could still try going after the title, but in much different ways.

Would also give more of the womens roster a chance to show their personalities and have entertaining segments.

Carmella was at her best during her teaming with Truth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »