Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2020, 04:05 AM   #41
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown August Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Could retribution be tied to the hacker?

I noticed that the light flickering and mic issues seemed to happen with teams. Hacker videos were seemingly targeting teams in their promo videos.That's what I said last week because of the fact that they destroyed SD, cut the ropes, ruined the glass and all that.

And with SS rumors of a different location, perhaps that's what it leads to.
I thought the same thing about the hacker thing. It would have been perfect. But I doubt they are doing that.

Also doubt that any of the guys/girls under the hoods are actually the people who will be reveled. I also thought it might be released wrestlers but who's left? Curt Hawkins? Everyone else has pretty much landed somewhere.

I think it's gonna be Dijakovic and or Ciampa as the leader.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 05:20 AM   #42
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

That was a really good show again. Still not quite sure why I'm supposed to care about Rey Mysterio's kid but he's doing a decent job I guess. Would love to see Samoa Joe feuding with a Rollins at this level. Is he still injured?

It's so sad that this isn't happening in front of live crowds.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:49 AM   #43
Pro

chronoxiong's Arena

OVR: 2

Main highlights of this week's RAW were the ones that have big storyline implications. Like the opening segment with Seth Rollins and his beatdown on Dominik Misterio. It made me forget about the Rollins/Carrillo match. Dominik has taken so much punishment on RAW from Lesnar beating him down earlier this year now to this. He's a soldier. The Asuka/Bayley match was good too as Bayley continues to make her opponents look good. Asuka wins predictably here as she gets her rematch against Sasha Banks at Summerslam. Randy Orton/Kevin Owens main event match was good too. Orton is on fire so he needed the win more. The promo between him and Flair was really good here. This is stuff that makes you wonder if it was scripted because that felt like it came from the heart. Especially Flair's promo. He wants Orton to become a 17 time World Champion. Not Cena. Strong points here and loved how the show ended.

All the other stuff was hit or miss. Bianca Belair is furious at Zelina Vega. Some 24/7 Title shenigans, Apollo Crews continues his feud with the Hurt Business. I didnt feel too strong about RAW Underground this week although seeing Shayna Bazler out there looked pretty cool and realistic. Liv Morgan, although in defeat, still looked cheeky. Average show this week.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #44
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

That moment when Charlotte returns next week and inserts herself into the WWE Championship match to get revenge for her father.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:18 PM   #45

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

More I see it, more I think Raw Underground isn't supposed to be a long term thing, but could do lots to build stars.

Dabbo and Ruas and even Shayna are doing more in these segments than any jobbers match could accomplish. I'm actually wanting to see them more because of Underground than what we usually see.

Unintentionally funny.

Orton: YELLING AT RIC FLAIR
Flair: im taking this personally

That was a great promo between those 2. And nice way to get Orton to punt Flair without actually punting him.

Last edited by Majingir; 08-11-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2020, 03:38 PM   #46
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

More names may be added but confirmed so far for the Triple Brand Battle Royal:

Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Shotzi Blackheart, Tegan Nox, Naomi, Shayna Baszler, Lacey Evans, Bianca Belair, Dana Brooke, Nikki Cross, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:40 PM   #47

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

SD is apparently rated 14+ today.

PG era over? Or Fox just changing rating due to what's on the show tonight?

I know it's done in advance, but I'm sure having them bleeping Retribution a dozen times isnt something that Fox wants to have on a PG rating.

I've said it for years, I don't care if its PG or 14+. The rating shouldn't impact quality of the show, especially when SD for many of its great years was actually PG.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:01 PM   #48
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

I see Retribution all hit their growth spurts tonight lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »