Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown January Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown January Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #17

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown January Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I have a bad feeling about Drew vs Goldberg. You wouldn’t have Drew say he’s old enough to be his dad just to have Drew beat him
What do you see the WM plan being?

I've been thinking its McIntyre vs Lesnar 2 at WM. If Goldberg wins the title, who would he even face at WM?

Although.....no fans in attendance, that's the only time it makes sense to really do something that would otherwise have fans vocally hating it during shows.

Maybe Goldberg vs Reigns is their new WM plan? 0 reason to do Rock vs Reigns at WM if you aren't having a packed house. That's one of the last great past vs present matches that's even possible.

Goldberg loses to McIntyre and goes to SD to challenge Reigns perhaps?
Old 01-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
What do you see the WM plan being?

I've been thinking its McIntyre vs Lesnar 2 at WM. If Goldberg wins the title, who would he even face at WM?

Although.....no fans in attendance, that's the only time it makes sense to really do something that would otherwise have fans vocally hating it during shows.

Maybe Goldberg vs Reigns is their new WM plan? 0 reason to do Rock vs Reigns at WM if you aren't having a packed house. That's one of the last great past vs present matches that's even possible.

Goldberg loses to McIntyre and goes to SD to challenge Reigns perhaps?
I can’t remember the last time I watched raw before last night so I have no idea what direction they’re going, it just shocked me to see Drew insulting Goldberg’s age. I think I read Miz still has the briefcase, my guess would be Goldberg wins and Miz ends up with the title and one or both of Goldberg and McIntyre chase after him. On smackdown everyone thinks they’re getting Reigns vs The Rock, but I think we’ll get Reigns vs The Brock instead
Old 01-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #19

Majingir's Arena

Reigns vs Brock would work too, but I wonder how this Lesnar fares on his own.

Although I wouldn't put it past WWE to have Lesnar return, face Reigns for the title at WM, Heyman to be like "This isn't a prediction, it's a spoiler. I will be raising the hand of YOUR Universal Champion at the end of Wrestlemania!" and screws Reigns, thus ending Reigns awesome heel run, simply to be fed to Lesnar and wind up a face again.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:54 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Me in 1998: Goldberg has become my all-time 1A favorite alongside Stone Cold

Me in 2016 when Goldberg returned: Totally marked out, thought it was awesome, freaked when he beat Lesnar so quickly

Me in 2021 when Goldberg returned: ...they're really still relying on Goldberg to draw ratings in 2021? Even this won't get me watching again
Old 01-05-2021, 04:47 PM   #21

Majingir's Arena

Apparently the Flair spot on Raw was botched.

I'm not sure what to believe.

It did come off a bit awkward, and they never showed a replay of the moment, but I fully thought the whole ending was Ric trying to trip Peyton, had his head turned, and accidentally tripped Charlotte.

Either the dirtsheets bought in too, or that legitimately happened and Royce was supposed to be tripped.

Although if it wasn't meant to happen, what was with the ending with Charlotte's "heel turn" in her exchange with Ric?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2021, 05:01 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Reigns vs Brock would work too, but I wonder how this Lesnar fares on his own.

Although I wouldn't put it past WWE to have Lesnar return, face Reigns for the title at WM, Heyman to be like "This isn't a prediction, it's a spoiler. I will be raising the hand of YOUR Universal Champion at the end of Wrestlemania!" and screws Reigns, thus ending Reigns awesome heel run, simply to be fed to Lesnar and wind up a face again.
If they’re going the Heyman screwjob route, Id find a way to incorporate a 3rd guy similar to the Warrior vs Savage match at Summerslam 92 where Mr Perfect was teasing being on one of their sides. It would work perfect if a bigger start had the MITB, get everyone thinking Heyman will screw one of them and them have him screw both and set up a cash in and run off with the new champ
Old 01-05-2021, 05:23 PM   #23

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
If they’re going the Heyman screwjob route, Id find a way to incorporate a 3rd guy similar to the Warrior vs Savage match at Summerslam 92 where Mr Perfect was teasing being on one of their sides. It would work perfect if a bigger start had the MITB, get everyone thinking Heyman will screw one of them and them have him screw both and set up a cash in and run off with the new champ
I'd settle for Morrison taking the MITB off Miz and them finally giving Morrison his long overdue shot. Not in this particular scenario, but just in general, Morrison should get the MITB instead of Miz.

But then again, if Big Show could randomly challenge for the title "after wrestlemania" last year, whose to say something like that couldn't happen this year too.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #24
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

The one thing that is confusing about Goldberg is he cut a promo on Orton but to Drew McIntyre instead. Drew never disrespected legends and all the other stuff Goldberg said, it's as if they actually tried long term booking with the idea Orton would still be champion and Goldberg would have said that to Orton.

As for Wrestlemania, ideally both Drew & Roman need to be Champion heading into Mania and I would even be ok with both of them leaving Mania with their titles. If Big E is set on the IC Title long term, I say give Daniel Bryan one final run at the top if he is done as a full time superstar. Daniel Bryan wins the Rumble and challenges Roman, Roman retains. As for Drew, the only way I would take the title off Drew is if Lashley is the one who beats him for it with the long term plan of Lashley vs Lesnar for the WWE Championship at Summerslam.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »