Home

Favorite Survivor Series Main Events (Part 1)

This is a discussion on Favorite Survivor Series Main Events (Part 1) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0
Favorite Survivor Series Main Events (Part 1)

Like with the Bound for Glory posts, this one revolves around Survivor Series. Only the MAIN EVENT which is considered the final match on the show is considered.

1987: André the Giant, Butch Reed, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, and Rick Rude vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, Don Muraco, Hulk Hogan, Ken Patera, and Paul Orndorff in a 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match

1988: Akeem, Big Boss Man, Haku, Ted DiBiase, and The Red Rooster vs. Hercules, Hillbilly Jim, Hulk Hogan, Koko B. Ware, and Randy Savage in a 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match

1989: The Heenan Family (Bobby Heenan, André the Giant, Arn Anderson, and Haku) vs. The Ultimate Warriors (The Ultimate Warrior, Jim Neidhart, and The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels)) in a 4-on-4 Survivor Series elimination match

1990: Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, and Tito Santana vs. Hercules, Paul Roma, Rick Martel, The Warlord, and Ted DiBiase in a 3-on-5 Grand Finale Survivor Series elimination match

1991: Big Boss Man and The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) vs. Irwin R. Schyster and The Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon) in a 3-on-3 Survivor Series elimination match

1992: Bret Hart (c) vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship

1993: The All-Americans (Lex Luger, The Undertaker, and The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner)) vs. The Foreign Fanatics (Crush, Ludvig Borga, Quebecer Jacques, and Yokozuna) in a 4-on-4 Survivor Series elimination match

1994: The Undertaker vs. Yokozuna in a Casket match with Chuck Norris as the special guest referee

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #2
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Favorite Survivor Series Main Events (Part 1)

I don't remember many of these so I'd have to rewatch, but from looking at these I think we can guess Bret vs Shawn was probably the best overall match.

Also...the 1993 poster is great, if that was the main event in 1991 the roster had to be thinner than I remember, and they should ditch the brand warfare concept and bring back the Grand Finale.
Old 11-10-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I liked 88, not for the match itself but for it setting up the Hogan vs Savage angle
Old 11-10-2021, 05:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

You had me going wtf @ '91 but then I remembered that was the Hogan/Taker event with the rematch days later. I remember trying to hunt down that "This Tuesday in Texas" VHS tape at Suncoast, Blockbuster, and Movie Gallery but could never find it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »