Home

WWE RAW & Smackdown May Thread

This is a discussion on WWE RAW & Smackdown May Thread within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2022, 12:32 AM   #41
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE RAW & Smackdown May Thread

Smackdown was so good tonight, I feel like them announcing the "punishment" for Sasha & Naomi was a bad idea. Hell, Pat looked uncomfortable when Cole announced it and I'm sure Cole was too but went along with it because Vince was in his ear. The show was good from start to finish, doing that just took away from the show and now people will talk more about that than the "historic" Tag Title Unification match.

I'm torn on The Usos winning, I felt having RK-Bro win would have been a better move. I know they want them to have all the gold but they need to start showing cracks within the Bloodline and having the Usos lose this match would have been a perfect way to start it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2022, 01:32 AM   #42
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

They removed Sasha and Naomi's merchandise from WWE Shop... WOW. I typed "Sasha Banks" in the search bar and got this message, "Sorry, nothing found for 'Sasha Banks'."
Old 05-21-2022, 02:03 PM   #43

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

McAfee: Orton and Riddle must be high. On themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Should have just retired the titles. They clearly don't give a damn about them.
I'd have Toxic Attraction come in and win the titles and unify them. They can just be NXT titles until they dont want it anymore.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #44
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

So the question I have now regarding Sasha and Naomi. Why haven't they said anything yet? Surely WWE couldn't stop them from going out and speaking and telling their side of the story at this point? They obviously don't care about the repercussions of going against the company. Why are they radio silent on everything?
Old 05-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #45
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
So the question I have now regarding Sasha and Naomi. Why haven't they said anything yet? Surely WWE couldn't stop them from going out and speaking and telling their side of the story at this point? They obviously don't care about the repercussions of going against the company. Why are they radio silent on everything?

Crossings a bridge and setting it on fire are two different things. You can always walk back across if you don’t destroy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2022, 07:20 PM   #46
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

WWE doing their best to remove any trace of Sasha and Naomi, both have been removed and replaced in the intro screens for the Main Roster and NXT Level Up. The main WWE intro saw Cody Rhodes replace Sasha, and Rhea replaced Sasha in the NXT Level Up intro. Can't tell who they replace Naomi with but that was fast.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 05-21-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:29 PM   #47

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Smackdown was so good tonight, I feel like them announcing the "punishment" for Sasha & Naomi was a bad idea. Hell, Pat looked uncomfortable when Cole announced it and I'm sure Cole was too but went along with it because Vince was in his ear.
That's one of the things about all this too. People might criticize the likes of Cole or others who are commenting on WWETV about it, but they're being told what to say and/or speaking about an incident where you're forced to pick sides on live TV, and who wouldn't pick the side of the people who sign their paychecks?

Just look at how WWE turned on Austin when he left. The last 6 years meant nothing to them on screen, it was all about ripping him and saying how he took his ball and went home, and having people live on TV comment on it too.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:13 PM   #48
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
That's one of the things about all this too. People might criticize the likes of Cole or others who are commenting on WWETV about it, but they're being told what to say and/or speaking about an incident where you're forced to pick sides on live TV, and who wouldn't pick the side of the people who sign their paychecks?

Just look at how WWE turned on Austin when he left. The last 6 years meant nothing to them on screen, it was all about ripping him and saying how he took his ball and went home, and having people live on TV comment on it too.
I'm not trying to pick sides because it is a complex issue, but at the end of the day that is what Austin, Punk, Neville, Banks, Naomi and whoever else that has pulled this move (Psycho Sid & Flair in WCW) did. Point blank.

They had time left on their contract and decide that whatever the company had for them wasn't good enough. Now, can they live with that decision or will they go on to regret it like Austin says he does?

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »