Home

Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 05:40 PM   #33
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Fire Pro Wrestling World Impressions Thread

Simming is huge within the Fire Pro community, but personally, I never sim matches. I don't really see the point in simming. If I want to watch wrestling, I'll just watch the real thing. However, simming has been a major part of the Fire Pro community since forever. That being said, you CAN play the messages and the game is a blast to play against the AI. I like to work with the AI and put on the best matches I possibly can, without caring about whether I win or lose. They added match ratings in FPW, so you can cooperate with the AI and try to obtain 100% ratings. I feel like an actual, real-life wrestler by putting on a good, entertaining match for the fans instead of keeping kayfabe and trying to win.

Occasionally, I'll shoot on the CPU when it starts busting out big moves too early. If the CPU isn't going to play nice and work with me, then it's on.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:46 AM   #34
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Anyone that remembers my edit pack for FPR will be glad to know that I'm working on a current roster for this game as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=974395038

Last edited by DakkoN; 07-14-2017 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #35

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod
Are any of y'all actually playing as wrestlers? Everybody on Twitch is playing as a promoter/manager and watching CPUvCPU matches. Is the game worth getting for someone who wants to play as a wrestler primarily?
I've noticed that too. Not sure why they're so heavy on that. Unless we're just supposed to lose our minds at the prospect of getting to see an Omega vs Rollins match simulated by the CPU in a 90s arcade style video game. I'm more interested in seeing player vs CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #36
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

I am weak.

I caved.

It's so good.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:48 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Went ahead and picked it up because:

1) It's $20
2) Runs on a potato (my i7 860 from nearly a decade ago does just fine)
3) Is basically an AI logic sandbox from everything I've seen (I love playing around with this stuff)

I've read several guides for the logic editing, but it's kind of hard to accept that you can only set finishing moves as percentages, and that they're essentially unlimited as long as they don't get reversed - that means there's always going to be the chance that none of them come out or a flood do. If they end matches like they're supposed to that's fine, but from what I've seen they don't pack much more of a punch than regular big grapples. I'm glad the priority attack thing exists though, because if that wasn't there you wouldn't be guaranteed a pin attempt after a finisher.

And I really don't understand critical at all. I mean, I know what it does but I haven't seen one yet despite setting up a situation where I should have seen one (repeated finishing moves against an idle opponent on the 2P controller).

Plenty of stuff to learn about how this game works.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #38
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Went ahead and picked it up because:

1) It's $20
2) Runs on a potato (my i7 860 from nearly a decade ago does just fine)
3) Is basically an AI logic sandbox from everything I've seen (I love playing around with this stuff)

I've read several guides for the logic editing, but it's kind of hard to accept that you can only set finishing moves as percentages, and that they're essentially unlimited as long as they don't get reversed - that means there's always going to be the chance that none of them come out or a flood do. If they end matches like they're supposed to that's fine, but from what I've seen they don't pack much more of a punch than regular big grapples. I'm glad the priority attack thing exists though, because if that wasn't there you wouldn't be guaranteed a pin attempt after a finisher.

And I really don't understand critical at all. I mean, I know what it does but I haven't seen one yet despite setting up a situation where I should have seen one (repeated finishing moves against an idle opponent on the 2P controller).

Plenty of stuff to learn about how this game works.
Try gruesome fighting, thats where you might see some.

It is not something that you should see a ton of anyway so its all good

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #39
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

This game is a masterpiece in it's simplicity and execution. There are 1,000's of WWE/WCW CAPS in the steam workshop so you can find almost anyone. I've seen bad news brown, i.r.s., sid viscious, mr. perfect, along with current stars like cena, orton, etc. Easy to play and hard to master(I have won like 3 matches out of 15..lol)..Sad this isn't coming to Xbox1 .
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 07-20-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #40
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

This game has taken over my life and I haven't watched wrestling since the '80s. It is so much fun. My son and I had a ball setting up a silly tournament with all kinds of fictional characters, boxers and wrestlers and watching them go to town.

I want this game on Switch........

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »