Home

WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content and Season Pass Details

This is a discussion on WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content and Season Pass Details within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: WWE 2K18 Downloadable Content and Season Pass Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Did we ever figure out the source of that rumor? I don't see why Almas isn't in the game, but assuming everyone who should have been in the game that isn't is due to them declining is a weird slope to start down. Sometimes people just don't make it in for whatever reason. Like Ellsworth - the guy's on TV for the last year. Do we think he declined the game too?

--

Meh to the Season Pass, but I'm the guy who already bought the Deluxe because I knew I'd get it anyway.

They would usually charge $10 for a HoF Showcase DLC, and this year the Pass includes the career attribute boost that they also normally sell separately for $10, so they probably see it as a swap for "equal" value. I disagree with it because the Showcase would come with a bunch of guys and some new arenas...but then again, most of last year's DLC characters are around this year. It balances out in the sense that we're getting way more characters on-disc, but less through DLC.

Big mistake by them to not adjust to price accordingly though, because they've already established what a $30 value was for the Pass, and this year doesn't meet that.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
- Honestly, I would have to look again. It was from a decently "famous" Twitter person. Ellsworth also stated he was sad he didn't make it in I believe, and most others that don't make it in are either in lawsuit or just simply didn't come to terms with 2K (legends). I mean Almas might have wanted more and rejected it since they didn't give it to him? I'm not sure either, just speculation.

Same. Deluxe is the best way to go regardless. And basically agree on the rest of your post haha.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #10

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

That it's 2017 and roster editing is still behind a paywall for this game is insulting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

Wasn't there about 20 unique DLC wrestlers last year? I'll admit the DLC this year is great but only half of the pieces of DLC, all things considered I kinda wondered if we were gonna get less DLC due to such a large on disc roster, still and all I can't see how 2K can justify the same price point on the season pass when the content is lesser then last year
Old 09-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #13
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
- Honestly, I would have to look again. It was from a decently "famous" Twitter person. Ellsworth also stated he was sad he didn't make it in I believe, and most others that don't make it in are either in lawsuit or just simply didn't come to terms with 2K (legends). I mean Almas might have wanted more and rejected it since they didn't give it to him? I'm not sure either, just speculation.

Do they even have to negotiate with him? For alumni, sure. But I would think by now WWE has options for games, toys, and all that crap built into the contracts for current roster.

Is it possible he asked to be left out and they honored that? Sure. It just seems like a random rumor to me though. Either way, hopefully they'll have his animations in to makes CAWs a little better though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
That it's 2017 and roster editing is still behind a paywall for this game is insulting.

Even more insulting that 2K raised the price once they took over the series. But there isn't a lot of games media focus on wrestling games so it doesn't matter. Imagine the uproar if Madden, NBA2K, or The Show did something like this.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:41 PM   #14

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Do they even have to negotiate with him? For alumni, sure. But I would think by now WWE has options for games, toys, and all that crap built into the contracts for current roster.

Is it possible he asked to be left out and they honored that? Sure. It just seems like a random rumor to me though. Either way, hopefully they'll have his animations in to makes CAWs a little better though.
I believe this is one of the reasons WWE changes newly signed talent's name, so they can have control over their likeness.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:51 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
On-disc content looks excellent, so far, but this downloadable content is unacceptable.* I guess*trust is out the window, next year* we're going to have to wait and see before we commit our deluxe edition dollars.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2017, 05:30 AM   #16
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Did we ever figure out the source of that rumor? I don't see why Almas isn't in the game, but assuming everyone who should have been in the game that isn't is due to them declining is a weird slope to start down. Sometimes people just don't make it in for whatever reason. Like Ellsworth - the guy's on TV for the last year. Do we think he declined the game too?

--

Meh to the Season Pass, but I'm the guy who already bought the Deluxe because I knew I'd get it anyway.

They would usually charge $10 for a HoF Showcase DLC, and this year the Pass includes the career attribute boost that they also normally sell separately for $10, so they probably see it as a swap for "equal" value. I disagree with it because the Showcase would come with a bunch of guys and some new arenas...but then again, most of last year's DLC characters are around this year. It balances out in the sense that we're getting way more characters on-disc, but less through DLC.

Big mistake by them to not adjust to price accordingly though, because they've already established what a $30 value was for the Pass, and this year doesn't meet that.

All the talents get royalty checks from game sales so I don't know why he would turn down the chance to be in the game.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »