Home

WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #41
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K19 Universe Mode

So I have seen people posting that they continue their Universe Modes from year to year. That was something that I thought about doing, although going into WWE2K19 it probably wouldn't work for me since I didn't really play that deep of a Universe in 2K18 (I think I got through about 2 PPV's). So this year, I'm gonna be starting from scratch like I typically have each year.

Which means one of the obstacles that I face every year. How to incorporate the Legends onto the show?

The purpose of my show is typically to pick up from where real WWE is, and taking it in my own creative direction. In years past, it has made introducing specific legends pretty easy. Like the year when nWo and DX showed up at Wrestlemania, it made a pretty seamless way for them to come into the Universe. There was already a built in feud that I could play off of. Same for incorporating The Rock that year, as he had that showdown with Triple H.

But, this year, there aren't very many legends that have been involved of late (at least as far as I know?) I don't want to do a draft, and I don't want to do a legends show. I know which shows I want to put each legend on (typically, the brand that they are most associated with, with a little bit of creative license in specific cases), but storyline wise, I'm not sure exactly how to incorporate them.

I do have a couple different ideas on ways that I could implement them, so I'm not completely dark on this. But what would be some ideas that some of you guys might have? Just to get me thinking of alternate ideas on top of what I've already got?

To give you an idea, here's the legends I'm planning to use, and on which show (I also use the most current version of said legends as well, to make it most "realistic"):

Raw
The Rock
Kurt Angle
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Goldberg
Sting
Stone Cold
Undertaker
Bret Hart
Godfather

Smackdown
Rey Mysterio
Ric Flair
Edge
Christian
Chris Jericho
Booker T
Batista
Rikishi

Like I said, I got a couple small ideas, and a couple weeks to play with it, and even a couple specific legends I know what I would like to do with, but was just open to seeing some other ideas as well.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 10:43 PM   #42
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick

Raw
The Rock
- Easy idea. Him and Triple H had some beef when Ronda was at that Mania a few years back. Have Steph want her in a match again, and have Rock be in Ronda's corner since Triple H will be in Stephanie's. That can lead up to a match between Triple H and The Rock.

Kurt Angle
- Have Jason Jordan return and turn on him. Feud books itself.

Triple H
- See Rock

Shawn Michaels
- Undertaker storyline. Shawn comes back for one more match because The Undertaker thinks only one man can retire him, and that one man The Undertaker retired. Weird, but works.

Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
- Return with NWO gimmick for one more run.

Goldberg
- His last run was probably the way I would have done it as well. Not sure if there is a way for him to return...again.

Sting
- Medically cleared and after Rollins and The Shield...but mainly Seth.

Stone Cold
- Pissed The Rock keeps coming back for spotlight. He costs The Rock his match against Triple H. One more legendary feud between the two.

Undertaker
- See Michaels.

Bret Hart
- I cant touch this one. He is physically unfit.

Godfather
- Have him work with a young upcomer and pimp them up. Maybe a tag title reign with a lot of managerial work.

Smackdown
Rey Mysterio
- Just a surprise return. Maybe feud with Jericho as someone who is jealous the fans love his return or something petty.

Ric Flair
- He is so old. I would do a Godfather type thing with him.

Edge
Christian
- Just have them return as a tag team. Both are medically cleared. Once you're ready to break them up, feud them.

Chris Jericho
- See Mysterio.

Booker T
- Go after New Day? *shrug*

Batista
- Return and want to take on the baddest man on "his" show. Batista vs. Samoa Joe feud is born.

Rikishi
- Work with The Usos.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2018, 11:43 PM   #43
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Dude. Bard. Thank you for this response. I greatly appreciate that feedback.

So many good ideas in there. Some of them are along the lines of what I was already thinking for some of the superstars. Some of them really kinda sparked some new directions I hadn't really considered, and have opened me up to some interesting ideas. Thanks so much.

A couple follow up questions:

You had made a couple mentions about guys costing other guys matches. I honestly didn't play deep enough into WWE2K18... is scheduling run ins still a thing? I greatly enjoyed that when it was in. Do we still have the option of scheduling run ins during a match? Because if so, especially with the new options to switch control over different wrestlers mid match, I can really take advantage of that to set certain things up.

You also mentioned some managerial work. I know a lot of that is going to have to be kind of imagination based for me. In the past, when you could adjust match options and win conditions for each match, I would set a certain match to have a Finisher as the win condition. I'd then have that match act as a stand in for a promo, have the guys I wanted in the promo make their entrances, and then whoever I wanted to "win" the promo, I'd control and have them hit their finisher on the other guy. Then in my head, and in my write ups, I'd talk about what the promo was about.

Now, obviously, we have actual in game promos. I've gone about these in 2 different ways: Playing the promos out, and picking the options that at least vaguely represent the idea that I want the promo to stand in for, and then use narrative and write ups to kind of "retcon" the in game promo, OR when the promos were glitched, I would just simulate the promos and use narration and write ups to express the sentiments of the promo.

Is there another method you might recommend for promo work? Or are those good ideas and methods I'm already using? I know Gore & Perkins use on screen write ups that summarize the thoughts a star would have expressed prior to a match and such. Technologically, I'm not sure how to do all of that on my videos, as great of an idea as that is.

Thanks again for that feedback. Very, very helpful! I'm getting more and more excited by the day to get my hands on this game and fire up my Universe.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:58 PM   #44
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
You had made a couple mentions about guys costing other guys matches. I honestly didn't play deep enough into WWE2K18... is scheduling run ins still a thing? I greatly enjoyed that when it was in. Do we still have the option of scheduling run ins during a match? Because if so, especially with the new options to switch control over different wrestlers mid match, I can really take advantage of that to set certain things up.
I think Run ins are just like they were in 2k18 where you can choose to have someone run in before, during, or after a match.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:47 AM   #45
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I think Run ins are just like they were in 2k18 where you can choose to have someone run in before, during, or after a match.
That's perfect. Thank you.

I've just plotted out basically the first month of my Universe Mode, at least with the major angles I want to run, and how to carry it on going forward. Lots of it came with your guys input. Thank you! I can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #46
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
That's perfect. Thank you.

I've just plotted out basically the first month of my Universe Mode, at least with the major angles I want to run, and how to carry it on going forward. Lots of it came with your guys input. Thank you! I can't wait!
Awesome! If you decide to post it on OS I'd love to follow along and see how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 09-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #47
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
Awesome! If you decide to post it on OS I'd love to follow along and see how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I definitely plan on sharing it here. Potentially both write ups and videos (but I'm still fairly new to streaming so it wont be Gore & Perkins or BrendenPlayz style lol)
Old 09-30-2018, 03:22 PM   #48
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
I definitely plan on sharing it here. Potentially both write ups and videos (but I'm still fairly new to streaming so it wont be Gore & Perkins or BrendenPlayz style lol)
Hope if you do share it that you do write-ups. I just feel you can add so much more to storylines than you can in a video. Also, I personally don't have time to watch videos, write up are quicker to read. Welcome to the club. Reed, Bard, and I have pretty much been around the longest as far as WWE Universe write-ups. Feel free to message any of us or all of us if you need advice or want to bounce ideas off of us.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »