Home

Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19

This is a discussion on Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19

I agree. For me it's not the money, I'd gladly pay $100 if the game was well thought out and visually impressive like some other titles, but given the information (or lack thereof so far) I think I have to pass based on principle. If I keep sinking my money into a roster update, there's no reason for them to improve. It's a bummer because I really enjoy playing but my frustration level with this title has reached its limit. I think I'll give something else a try for the winter months.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:39 PM   #18
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Apparently a bunch of Youtubers that were invited to the Performance center was able to record gameplay and they are going to start releasing videos on Thursday. If 2k leaves it up to the Youtubers to cover Universe mode then that is definitely a bad sign.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #19
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

They let community members come in and record content last week.

I believe the embargo on the gameplay videos is up sometime this week.

Check some YouTube channels of the WWE 2K guys. MachoT comes to mind.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:04 AM   #20
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

They can keep the roster update this year because when the dlc info is released before any universe news then that says a lot. I see this game going the Madden route and that's not good...
Old 09-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #21
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I’m glad to see others feel like myself, in that this franchise has largely disappointed. I was super excited when 2K got the WWE license and supported each iteration since they debuted on Xbox One.

But everyone of these games has felt incomplete. The gameplay has normally been good, but often buggy and/or non responsive in parts each year. I’ve been waiting for Universe mode to take off and it hasn’t. I’m sure they have some metrics that dictates where dev time is spent, but it makes no sense that structure of Universe mode hasn’t changed. Not to mention this game has some of the most archaic commentary technology/performance in sports gaming.

It all adds up to another hollow offering, unless you get your kicks from play now matchups. They won’t get my 60 bucks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 09:00 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

After watching videos I can say that this game looks terrible. Universe mode is still bare bones, the animations are clunky, and they still have DLC characters when in reality this game should have roster updates like other sports games. I thought when 2k took over we would see huge changes but everything is still the same as WWE 12.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #23
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Apparently a bunch of Youtubers that were invited to the Performance center was able to record gameplay and they are going to start releasing videos on Thursday. If 2k leaves it up to the Youtubers to cover Universe mode then that is definitely a bad sign.
Not just random YouTubers though. I saw one on Create a Superstar by one of the top creators out there for pS4.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 09-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novicain13
After watching videos I can say that this game looks terrible. Universe mode is still bare bones, the animations are clunky, and they still have DLC characters when in reality this game should have roster updates like other sports games. I thought when 2k took over we would see huge changes but everything is still the same as WWE 12.

except there were a bunch of changes to universe mode... but hey you were almost right

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »