Home

WWE 2K19 Review

This is a discussion on WWE 2K19 Review within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: WWE 2K19 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Can anyone tell me if they've improved the deletion tool this year?* Every year I end up quitting on this game a few months in because of that stupid image limit.* Once I hit 1,000 images, it's so tedious and time consuming to go back through the whole list of images and delete them one at a time.* Takes like 20 minutes and it's godawful.

They need to either:

a) Add an option to delete all associated images when deleting a CAW or ring
b) Add a filter for unused images in the deletion tool

The CAWs are one of the best things about this series, they need to recognize that and make it easier to utilize them.* What's the point in having a 1TB hard drive if I'm going to be so severely restricted on images?
Let me put it this way, they really fixed this game big time. All the little things they corrected.

Deleting the wrestler from the deletion utility now has an option to were you will be asked if you also want to delete the images with that belongs to this wrestler. It will also tell you it will not affect other wrestlers using these images.

You can copy any and I mean any image to any wrestler in the creation suite. No matter who.

You can even import individual parts no matter what.

The loading in the deletion utility is faster now. So when you have to scroll through looking for images to delete, The pictures of what you want to delete appear faster.

OMG , You do not understand how much of a great relief this for me as I create a lot of wrestlers online as well. This game is so good I think about it all day till I get home just to play it again.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #10
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm personally really enjoying the game and I like the direction 2k went this year. The story portion of career mode was welcome and actually fun and compatible this year. Last year with 2k18 it was all a huge mess. I'm still enjoying the gameplay and unless anything drastically changes I'll likely continue to enjoy it. I hated when the SVR series had the grapple moves assigned to the right stick. That was awful.*
Old 10-16-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
and1product* Wow, that's great man!* I feel like I'm constantly updating my roster during the year as newer and better CAWs come out, but when you get to that point where you're scrolling through the image list once a week to make room for new stuff, it really ruins the experience.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Fire pro at the moment but I usually pick 2k up at Black Friday.* Knowing this may very well convince me to buy it this year, I had planned not to previously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
and1product* Wow, that's great man!* I feel like I'm constantly updating my roster during the year as newer and better CAWs come out, but when you get to that point where you're scrolling through the image list once a week to make room for new stuff, it really ruins the experience.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Fire pro at the moment but I usually pick 2k up at Black Friday.* Knowing this may very well convince me to buy it this year, I had planned not to previously.
Yes man. It ruined the experience for me last year and I just stopped all completely. When I got Firepro world, I was like a breath of fresh air. I played the game non stop and it got boring. I got use to the timing and the modes were bare bones.

I was not going to pick up WWE 2k19 because It looked similar to wwe 2k18 and I hated wwe 2k18 with a passion. But I am not going to stop playing wwe 2k19 for a long while. Fire pro has been shelved for me. 2k is not only graphics now, they have modes and the gameplay is the best ever. It is so fluid.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Happy for everyone that enjoys these type of games but why can't 2K spend their efforts towards a generic football game? I think it would far outsell this.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:03 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
@oldmanonsilvercreek I think it's because All Pro Football 2k8 didn't do that great. Although by many it's considered superior to what is out today, the lack of a license really screwed them over. Personally I think it's because they went the route they did. I think had they went generic with an actual franchise mode it would have succeeded. Instead they went single season with big names. That to me wasn't endearing. I don't like putting time into one season and being done. For 2k19 this game every day puts a smile on my face. It's been a while since I've had this feeling about a WWE game. Fire Pro is a very dear game to me, but as has been mentioned, the lack of modes has made it stale. I was a founder for that game on PC. You get the timing down and it's just the same. Fire Pro is more of a simulation wrestling game where you pit some dudes together but watch to see what happens. If I do it, I tend to win 90% of the time. I find myself in 2k19 for the first time ever, not caring if I win or lose. I enjoy working each match to make spots look great. I allow the AI to get several moves in to get the match rating higher. Maybe I'm becoming a mark to this game, but I am thoroughly enjoying the universe mode and the control I have over it. For those of you who haven't had enjoyment in the last installments, this game was a fantastic step forward. They may not have made improvements that were leaps and bounds, but the improvements they made have made me incredibly happy. As I mentioned before, I've owned every 2k game since 14. This one has almost as much playtime as 2k18 which had the most for me. They all have had so many disappointments and this one I get excited to play each day. To each their own, and to me this one is the best they've had.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrobbins84
@oldmanonsilvercreek I think it's because All Pro Football 2k8 didn't do that great. Although by many it's considered superior to what is out today, the lack of a license really screwed them over. Personally I think it's because they went the route they did. I think had they went generic with an actual franchise mode it would have succeeded. Instead they went single season with big names. That to me wasn't endearing. I don't like putting time into one season and being done. For 2k19 this game every day puts a smile on my face. It's been a while since I've had this feeling about a WWE game. Fire Pro is a very dear game to me, but as has been mentioned, the lack of modes has made it stale. I was a founder for that game on PC. You get the timing down and it's just the same. Fire Pro is more of a simulation wrestling game where you pit some dudes together but watch to see what happens. If I do it, I tend to win 90% of the time. I find myself in 2k19 for the first time ever, not caring if I win or lose. I enjoy working each match to make spots look great. I allow the AI to get several moves in to get the match rating higher. Maybe I'm becoming a mark to this game, but I am thoroughly enjoying the universe mode and the control I have over it. For those of you who haven't had enjoyment in the last installments, this game was a fantastic step forward. They may not have made improvements that were leaps and bounds, but the improvements they made have made me incredibly happy. As I mentioned before, I've owned every 2k game since 14. This one has almost as much playtime as 2k18 which had the most for me. They all have had so many disappointments and this one I get excited to play each day. To each their own, and to me this one is the best they've had.
This is exactly how I feel. I have yet to open up any of my other new games I have bought. I'm talking assassins creed odyssey , Forza horizon 4, and Although I am picking red dead up, I plan on still giving this game majority of my play. It puts a big smile on my face and I just love all the possibilities that can happen in this game. My favorite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 07:36 AM   #16
Banned

It’s mind boggling how the 2k,development team behind nfl2k and nba2k & mlb*

makwa a game with such horrible. Commentary .....

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »