Home

WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

This is a discussion on WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2019, 10:08 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Hopefully with 2k keeping everything in house, we get more patches and updates.

This game looks to have taken some steps back in quality. From an interview, it appears 2k had a lot on their plate, and probably didn't have enough time to get this game out properly without the help of Yukes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
DaChiefs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #10
MVP
 
Bard's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdViper
if you watched any videos from gore and perkins they said the edition they had available was the pre release unfinished version
We will see. All I have to say.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Bard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:51 PM   #11
Super Bowl
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Land
Posts: 15,078
Blog Entries: 10
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
Hopefully with 2k keeping everything in house, we get more patches and updates.

This game looks to have taken some steps back in quality. From an interview, it appears 2k had a lot on their plate, and probably didn't have enough time to get this game out properly without the help of Yukes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I don't know man. I mean where does it look like it's taken steps back? Even though Yuke's isn't co-developing. The game engine is likely almost the same. So I can't see it getting worse. If you watch the Bryan/Ciampa match, it flows really well.

Now next year will be the year we will see what 2K can do.

And I'm also wondering if next year's version will get a release on the PS5 since know that's coming out next Holiday season. I'm gonna bet on no. It will probably happen with 2K 22.

Last edited by PVarck31; 10-15-2019 at 01:13 AM.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 01:21 AM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Looks awful. There is no representation of how a wrestling match flows. Awkward moves done without any context of the surroundings: ie Cena submits to fiend and heís an inch from the ropes, 10 seconds into a match and wrestlers are pulling off end of match moves. Was looking forward to this, but sitting this one out. Looks exactly like 2k19. Promos suck, matches are like button mashing contest. This isnít street fighter, what makes wrestling great are stories in and out of the ring


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
loganmorrison1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #13
MVP
 
BaseballCtchr's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: SC
Posts: 1,269
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganmorrison1
Looks awful. There is no representation of how a wrestling match flows. Awkward moves done without any context of the surroundings: ie Cena submits to fiend and heís an inch from the ropes, 10 seconds into a match and wrestlers are pulling off end of match moves. Was looking forward to this, but sitting this one out. Looks exactly like 2k19. Promos suck, matches are like button mashing contest. This isnít street fighter, what makes wrestling great are stories in and out of the ring


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Only part Iíd like to highlight is the 10 second part. This has been the ďstory tellingĒ in title matches for months now.
BaseballCtchr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 AM   #14
trust me
 
dubcity's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 11,411
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Some of those player models ... good god. My main problem last year was the gameplay and severe lack of fun factor, and it does not seem any more dynamic.

At this point pointing out how terrible the commentary is seems pointless because it's always terrible. Why do they waste their time recording it in the first place?
__________________
Supports: Watford, Everton, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Raiders, Warriors.
dubcity is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:21 AM   #15
World Series Champions!!
 
Cubfan's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Iowa City IA
Posts: 3,724
Re: WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

So many of the models took a step back from last year. From watching 2 videos from a couple of people that played in the preview event this game isn't ready and needs major work. Changing controls for no reason to character models taking step back and very little in the way of major features. I'm going to wait for a deep sale before I pick this up if I even do that.
__________________
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NFL: San Diego Chargers
NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Cubfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #16
MVP
 
RGiles36's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,866
Blog Entries: 2
WWE 2K20 Gameplay Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
At this point pointing out how terrible the commentary is seems pointless because it's always terrible. Why do they waste their time recording it in the first place?

Bingo. The commentary has been dreadful in this series since I picked up WWE games again (2K15). And every cycle, I assume THIS will be the year they rip up their commentary technology and start fresh. Iím literally dumbfounded at how this level of commentary is acceptable in 2019...and coming out of 2K of all places.

What else grinds my gears (outside of Universe mode) is how they literally donít touch pre-match introduction animations for title matches and a lot of generic victory sequences stay the same. I know they add some for certain wrestlers but the generic ones are OLD. Just touching these would make the game feel like it has a fresh coat of paint and not just new superstar models with 10 year old animations.

I know those are small things to zero in and focus on, but I canít support this game another year where it largely feels like a new roster and modes I wonít play. 2K developing this game has been a big disappointment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Twitter
RGiles36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.

Top -