Home

From WWE 2K19 to 2K20: Who's In and Who's Out?

This is a discussion on From WWE 2K19 to 2K20: Who's In and Who's Out? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
From WWE 2K19 to 2K20: Who's In and Who's Out?

We’re just a week away from the release of WWE 2K20, and one of the noticeable...

Written By: TJ Henderson

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Just want to put a quick edit out. Corny was a rival of the Rock N Roll not the manager.*

thank you for this list though. The new cast doesn’t really do anything for me with the crew out. Hoping DLC does something.*
Old 10-16-2019, 01:23 AM   #3
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
As a massive Vader and Sid fan this disgusts me and made me decide not to get it this year either...
Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 AM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: From WWE 2K19 to 2K20: Who's In and Who's Out?

I tend to not use many of the classic wrestlers. Even though I was an 80s and 90s kid. I will miss Mr. Perfect who is one of my all time favorites. Also Rick Rude because how do you not love that theme song and him berating the Motor City sweat hogs. lol
Old 10-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #5
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
KInd of a bummer about removing some of the legends but I'm excited about some of these new ones. As a Ruthless Agression era fanboy really appreciate the addition of Molly Holly

Edit: Also, I mostly use current superstars so it's nice to see Ciampa and Nikki Cross back. I also like there are a lot of NXT superstars

Last edited by Gramps91; 10-16-2019 at 06:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
Rookie

TJ Henderson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Just want to put a quick edit out. Corny was a rival of the Rock N Roll not the manager.*

thank you for this list though. The new cast doesn’t really do anything for me with the crew out. Hoping DLC does something.*

You're right, he's more known as their rival but did manager them for a short time (and turned on them fairly quickly if I remember correctly).
Old 10-16-2019, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

Thank God for mods
Old 10-16-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly. This is the first time I have been disappointed with this roster in a long time. I can live with the legends being cut but some of he current roster omissions for current superstars is head scratching. Lip Rush has one of the best move sets in the entire game last year and he will definitely be missed. You can say what you want about his shaky ground during the development cycle, but he is the current crusierweight champion and could have easily just had last years model ported over and we could have just updated his attire though community creations. Same goes for wolfe and rain. Another Champion ominously missing is Walter. In fact the NXT UK brand is almost non existent in this iteration. WWE complains about ratings for some of its smaller shows such as 205 and UK and this game would have been a good way to get some eyeballs on the more notable stars.

Overall we are all aware that yukes leaving was going to lead to a transition year somewhat like 2k15 was on new generation consoles. I think visual concepts over estimated people excitement level was going to be for fantasy elements such as zombies and monster characters (don’t get me started on the book of death), and the career mode has taken a significant step back with its cringe inducing and flat out bad dialogue and story arc. I think this will be the lowest selling WWE game in some time. On the bright side I think this years failure will lead to a change in philosophy for visual concepts. If you want to get into the fortnite, mortal combat, arcade style of game then this series is not the place for that experiment. A lot of the simulation elements 2k introduced when taking over this series were very well received so this direction they have decided to take this year is strange to say the least. This game is rated T for teen but has clearly been built to appeal to a younger audience. Bringing in the younger fans is a great way to grow the game but with yukes on board this series did a better job of being well rounded in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »