Home

Initial Thoughts on 2k20

This is a discussion on Initial Thoughts on 2k20 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 01:32 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Initial Thoughts on 2k20

Options menu are increments of 1. i don't remember if 2k19 was like that.

Options are pretty much the same.

Menu cleaner. It's on the left of the screen and gives better descriptions.

Editing Attributes is all in one area again, but seems more "streamlined". You can edit attributes and the attributes can be changed rapidly. No more "slow count" up or down.

No new attributes.

Custom matches are the same.

Graphics: Some are good some are not so good.

Match: It's weird. I've seen wrestler float between the bottom and middle rope. And wrestlers jump off the top rope to the outside, only to have them magically switch directions mid-air.

Aiming of weapons is ridiculous. You have to be in the right spot to hit someone while they are on the mat. Otherwise, you keep missing.

While outside of the ring, the ref counts....even while you're fighting...but if you go back into the ring, he starts the count over??

In my Rousey v Logan match, the match went about 10 mins....and not one wrestler went for a pin.

Roster wise...not sure why there is a Nikki Bella '16 and a Nikki Bella '15?? Seems like overkill for her to be only a year apart. All it seems to be are different outfits...the OVR stays the same. Same with Natalya. Seems like a wasted opportunity to add other wrestlers.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-22-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 02:21 AM   #2
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Initial Thoughts on 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Options menu are increments of 1. i don't remember if 2k19 was like that.

Options are pretty much the same.

Menu cleaner. It's on the left of the screen and gives better descriptions.

Editing Attributes is all in one area again, but seems more "streamlined". You can edit attributes and the attributes can be changed rapidly. No more "slow count" up or down.

No new attributes.

Custom matches are the same.

Graphics: Some are good some are not so good.

Match: It's weird. I've seen wrestler float between the bottom and middle rope. And wrestlers jump off the top rope to the outside, only to have them magically switch directions mid-air.

Aiming of weapons is ridiculous. You have to be in the right spot to hit someone while they are on the mat. Otherwise, you keep missing.

While outside of the ring, the ref counts....even while you're fighting...but if you go back into the ring, he starts the count over??

In my Rousey v Logan match, the match went about 10 mins....and not one wrestler went for a pin.

Roster wise...not sure why there is a Nikki Bella '16 and a Nikki Bella '15?? Seems like overkill for her to be only a year apart. All it seems to be are different outfits...the OVR stays the same. Same with Natalya. Seems like a wasted opportunity to add other wrestlers.
That's not a bug, that's how it works in real life. A wrestler can go back into the ring, which breaks the count, then the ref starts the count over.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
That's not a bug, that's how it works in real life. A wrestler can go back into the ring, which breaks the count, then the ref starts the count over.
Pretty sure the count breaks if they go back into the ring then back out to the floor ? Ref should keep counting if one wrestler goes back into the ring while the other is still on the floor. His explanation wasn’t very detailed enough though.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I tried to download an nWo version of Hogan, and was told I couldn't because I don't own all of the parts needed. I don't know how that's possible since I have the accelerator that unlocked everything. Also, I wish I could still download him, just with the missing parts not included. This setup is going to cripple community creations.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
I tried to download an nWo version of Hogan, and was told I couldn't because I don't own all of the parts needed. I don't know how that's possible since I have the accelerator that unlocked everything. Also, I wish I could still download him, just with the missing parts not included. This setup is going to cripple community creations.
Hogan is part of the Deluxe DLC. Make sure the DLC is installed

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ke_nyc
Pretty sure the count breaks if they go back into the ring then back out to the floor ? Ref should keep counting if one wrestler goes back into the ring while the other is still on the floor. His explanation wasn’t very detailed enough though.
This is what I thought as well. I went into the ring and didn't go back out, but the ref reset his count.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #7
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

After much deliberation I have decided to hold off this year unless one of two things happen. A) their is a major patch that fixes a lot of this games issues or B) I can pick this game up for $20-$25 bucks on sale. I just can’t justify spending $60 plus dollars on a game that is down grade from last years. You can make all of the excuses you want about yukes leaving but VC is a big enough company that they should have allocated resources to expanding the DEvelopment team to insure this game came out right. Buying day one is letting all developers know that it is okay to make sure their bottom line comes before quality
Old 10-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
After much deliberation I have decided to hold off this year unless one of two things happen. A) their is a major patch that fixes a lot of this games issues or B) I can pick this game up for $20-$25 bucks on sale. I just can’t justify spending $60 plus dollars on a game that is down grade from last years. You can make all of the excuses you want about yukes leaving but VC is a big enough company that they should have allocated resources to expanding the DEvelopment team to insure this game came out right. Buying day one is letting all developers know that it is okay to make sure their bottom line comes before quality
I bought it, so can't "go back". But I do agree. VC should have caught a lot of these issues. The game feels unfinished and most of the wrestler models seem downgraded.

The fact that I have to be in the right position to hit a downed wrestler with a chair, is annoying. Especially when I'm standing over top the downed wrestler.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »