Home

WWE 2K20: Thoughts on the Game After the Initial Fury

This is a discussion on WWE 2K20: Thoughts on the Game After the Initial Fury within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
WWE 2K20: Thoughts on the Game After the Initial Fury

When I wrote the WWE 2K20 review, I recommended sitting it out. However, I did preface...

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: WWE 2K20: Thoughts on the Game After the Initial Fury

As a predominantly (to be honest, exclusively) Universe player, I can't disagree with this more. The game is still basically unplayable, for me. Still no custom championships, still can't use players or arenas with custom logos. The increase in matches per show is a plus, but still doesn't really work on PPVs. Here we are, a month since release, and getting information from 2K has been like pulling teeth (to the point that I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau just asking for more transparency and information). One press release from 2K basically mocking the majority of users, no news of when patch 1.03 will be released (or what it issues it will address), just repeatedly ignored questions by three Twitter accounts associated with the company. I paid $90 for the game a month ago, for a grand total of about an hour's worth of gameplay and now it's being reduced to less than half its original price in just a few days. I guess for $27 and an understanding that the game will still be very limited from how it's advertised to work, well... it's still not a great deal, in my eyes. For the less discerning gamer, maybe.

Last edited by thisgrilledcheez; 11-18-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgrilledcheez
As a predominantly (to be honest, exclusively) Universe player, I can't disagree with this more. The game is still basically unplayable, for me. Still no custom championships, still can't use players or arenas with custom logos. The increase in matches per show is a plus, but still doesn't really work on PPVs. Here we are, a month since release, and getting information from 2K has been like pulling teeth (to the point that I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau just asking for more transparency and information). One press release from 2K basically mocking the majority of users, no news of when patch 1.03 will be released (or what it issues it will address), just repeatedly ignored questions by three Twitter accounts associated with the company. I paid $90 for the game a month ago, for a grand total of about an hour's worth of gameplay and now it's being reduced to less than half its original price in just a few days. I guess for $27 and an understanding that the game will still be very limited from how it's advertised to work, well... it's still not a great deal, in my eyes. For the less discerning gamer, maybe.

How did you know what I was going to type? This is exactly what I was going to write except you did not say " I am so DISAPPOINTED". But I approve of this post.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgrilledcheez
I don't feel like you're necessarily disagreeing with the article because neither of you really hit on the same stuff. If that makes sense. I don't think I saw mention universe mode and that's what you exclusively talked about.

As a person that used to love the idea of universe mode it's sad to hear that it really hasn't been built upon it's potential. I stopped buying and just accepted it what it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 11-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I don't feel like you're necessarily disagreeing with the article because neither of you really hit on the same stuff. If that makes sense. I don't think I saw mention universe mode and that's what you exclusively talked about.

As a person that used to love the idea of universe mode it's sad to hear that it really hasn't been built upon it's potential. I stopped buying and just accepted it what it is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This is true. I was basically just talking about the things that were playable and the things you can do to have fun with it.

I feel for Universe players. I understand the frustration. I didn't really bring it up because it didn't fit with the article.

We will be talking about Universe Mode in an another article soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2019, 09:23 PM   #6
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Honestly I haven't had any issues in universe besides my PPVs maxing out at 10 matches, so can't make 13 or 14 for Mania or whatnot.

Only real issues I have with the game is CC being broken, so can't have any CAWs to fill out the NXT/NXT UK rosters, and start an AEW show. Thought AEW would be tough without create a championship. If they somehow patch in a fix for CC, and they didn't scare good creators off too much, it could still be good in the long run.

Overall, it's actually been a fun game. I actually really enjoy it. Really enjoy the newly added wrestlers. Just need CC to work.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:02 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
Only real issues I have with the game is CC being broken, so can't have any CAWs to fill out the NXT/NXT UK rosters, and start an AEW show. Thought AEW would be tough without create a championship. If they somehow patch in a fix for CC, and they didn't scare good creators off too much, it could still be good in the long run.
I have like 8 PlayStation accounts, 1 each for different wrestling companies, that I keep pretty updated. The issues with the CC makes that impossible to do. So, since I'm unable to keep the rosters current, and can't use accurate championships for any of the non-WWE shows (can't even fix the newly-ish renamed NXT Cruiserweight Championship), I deleted the game from my console. Once the issues with CC get sorted, I might download it again. Or I might just keep using 2K19 and wait for someone else to come out with a good wrestling game, because I'm not all that keen on giving any money to this company, ever again.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:47 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

Sour for the day1 buyers that it's already at sales price, but somehow I kinda knew it was going to happen. All the signs were there before release, plus the playtesters literally told us it sucked. But I guess people who don't follow games media were suckered in, and it sucks, but here we are.

If the core gameplay is "fine" now, I'll probably buy it. I don't expect many others to follow as games that go this way rarely pick up more sales, unless they are dirt cheap. In the end, it's a smart move to go this low as I wouldn't have purchased if it was any higher, given WWE2k19 is fine enough for me. Hell: I'll even play my GameCube games it I didn't have to borrow a Wii for it. If the load times have decreased and things "work", it's enough for me. The unique arenas tickle my fancy, but I'm not a "Universe" player unless the mode offers more. Right now it's basically just a string of semi-randomized matches te me. I'll mark out for GM mode though, if it happens next year. And it should, at least some condensed version, if they want to at least recuperate some of the massive damage they've suffered to their core "day1" fans.

I doubt another company can conjure up a AAA game in less than a year from now to fill the void. So they have their work cut out for them to save their position.

Last edited by Blackman316; 11-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »