Home

2k19 or 2k20???

This is a discussion on 2k19 or 2k20??? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k19 or 2k20???

Haven't had a wrestling game in years and I'm looking into getting one of these.
Heard good things about 2k19 and not so good about 2k20 at launch
Which one should I get?
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: 2k19 or 2k20???

I would say do your research but i never owned 2k19 so i am not sure if there are many glitches/bad in that game but i heard good stuff about it....And it is less glitchy and bugged...I was ignorant and got 2k20 thinking people were overreacting to the bugs but i just got it on sale and i was setting up an attitude era universe...

So far problems i ran into...
Downloaded arenas- when you download arenas and when you edit them or try to play with them everything is White and messed up which took me time cause i had to go get all the logos and make the rings myself (Which Took Hours)

Downloaded Wresters-Some Wrestlers work fine when downloaded but you get the occasional wrestler that has blank attire or there cyberface just disappears which also took me hours cause i had to get the logos myself and edit the faces on them myself...

Title Rankings-Idk if this was also in 2k19 but when setting up the Universe with the wrestlers you want to go for certain titles you cant edit the order of the rankings and where you want them to be in the title hunt...

Almost game ending bug-So after spending hours setting up this universe mode with all the 24 ppv rings/weekly show rings/80 Wrestlers/Tag Teams from the attitude Era i was ready to get into actually playing the universe mode and when i got to the PPV i tried to edit the matches and guess what...Instant blue screen of death happened every time i tried this

So i spent another few hours by uploading my roster to my cloud on the PS4 and deleted things to see why this was happening...Well i deleted all the wrestlers/Shows/Logos and the crash was still happening...
Until by the grace of god i deleted the "My Shows" In the creation menu...

Once deleting these shows i made the universe mode worked again ...And i can play the universe now with all the rings + Wrestlers so far so good....

But what im saying is if you want to work more with CAW and creations this game is bad for that....2K19 prolly better for this...
Old 03-11-2020, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you dont care about the most up to date roster, 2k19 is miles better

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2020, 06:27 PM   #4
Rookie

sh1ne's Arena

Now that there's been a few patches, 2K20 is running much better.

If you haven't decided yet, go with 2K20 for two reasons.
Graphics are a lot better in my opinion and the Universe mode has been improved!

Also hundreds of new moves, yeah HUNDREDS of new moves have been added, only thing I don't like about 2K20 is the blood effects are not as good as 2K19
Old 03-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
Rookie

2k20

because i like to live up with latest ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChiefs
If you dont care about the most up to date roster, 2k19 is miles better
Really? It's definitely not strictly better than 2k20. 19 also still has some glitches with ropes and hair. Given the price is more or less the same, you might as well get 2k20.

I'd say: get 2k20 if you like the goofyness that comes with pro wrestling.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

I prefer 2k19. Gameplay does feel better to me. Plus, if you're into creating wrestlers, 2k20 is pretty messed up with the attributes. The slider moves so fast you can't get an exact number. I also feel the hit detection in 2k20 is still off so it gets frustrating.
Old 04-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #8
Banned

TheBigGuySports's Arena

Mind if i ask as I was considering gettting 2k19 over 2k20. From the stand point of having the largest database of downloading wrestlers and having the best chance those wrestlers have up to date move, entrances, music. etc

Would it be better to get it for the pc or the ps4? I have read some articles that state the ps4 has better caws then pc but the pc has better everything else to mod. Like maybe you cant change entrances or music in ps4? I have no idea most comments are over a year old.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »