Home

WWE 2K Battlegrounds Review - Sensory Overloaded Arcade Action

This is a discussion on WWE 2K Battlegrounds Review - Sensory Overloaded Arcade Action within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
WWE 2K Battlegrounds Review - Sensory Overloaded Arcade Action

I was with everyone else who was disappointed last year with WWE 2K20. You could argue...

Written By: Phil Varckette

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
What is the overall count of MAMMA MIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAA from Mauro in this game? I hope a lot.

Yeah, that's a huge bummer of so many wrestlers locked away, esp. considering the mainline 2K games come with a giant number right out of the box and only lock away the special legends (and those can be instantly unlocked for good for a couple of bucks, which is what I do because I don't have time anymore to grind away 100 unlockable wrestlers). I would love to see them do what they do for NBA Playgrounds, big roster to open then continuously add the ones coming down the pike.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WWE 2K Battlegrounds Review - Sensory Overloaded Arcade Action

The “grind” to unlock isn’t that bad at all. I’ve only had three days and I’ve unlocked

Corbin
Lashley
Jeff Hardy
Sgt Slaughter
Rock
Hogan
Austin
Jake the snake
Mankind (both attires)
Andre and all his attires
Strowman
Samoa Joe
Kalisto
Old school taker attires
Karl Anderson
Elias

And 6/7 more

If you just play the game you unlock. Quickly.

I haven’t played much online - only one match but you earn even more coins online.

All reviewers mention the grind but it really isn’t that bad.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

The Daily Challenges are typically pretty easy and you can rack up Brawler Bucks pretty quickly that way.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
The “grind” to unlock isn’t that bad at all. I’ve only had three days and I’ve unlocked

Corbin
Lashley
Jeff Hardy
Sgt Slaughter
Rock
Hogan
Austin
Jake the snake
Mankind (both attires)
Andre and all his attires
Strowman
Samoa Joe
Kalisto
Old school taker attires
Karl Anderson
Elias

And 6/7 more

If you just play the game you unlock. Quickly.

I haven’t played much online - only one match but you earn even more coins online.

All reviewers mention the grind but it really isn’t that bad.
I guess you make a good point. I'm the reviewer btw. I think where my mindset of the "grind" came from is how upset I was with the incredibly shallow roster to begin with. Although, I am very impressed with the shear number of unlockable and DLC.

I guess maybe grind was the wrong word. I guess that is something more in line with saying about an RPG.

But honestly, it's not a bad game at all. I do hope they keep making it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
The Daily Challenges are typically pretty easy and you can rack up Brawler Bucks pretty quickly that way.
Unfortunately I wasn't really able to do this considering 2K took forever to provide me a review code.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Unfortunately I wasn't really able to do this considering 2K took forever to provide me a review code.
That stinks.

I thought your review was fair. Can definitely understand the frustration over so many characters being locked by default. I'm having fun trying to unlock them, but I am worried about down the road. I think it's a fairly safe assumption all the DLC characters will be locked initially as well. I've read you only get brawler bucks the first time though the campaign. That's going to make the grind more difficult later on.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I guess you make a good point. I'm the reviewer btw. I think where my mindset of the "grind" came from is how upset I was with the incredibly shallow roster to begin with. Although, I am very impressed with the shear number of unlockable and DLC.

I guess maybe grind was the wrong word. I guess that is something more in line with saying about an RPG.

But honestly, it's not a bad game at all. I do hope they keep making it.
Thanks for reply. It’s a good review. I just have read so many reviews and all say the grind is too much and you’ll never unlock everything and I was at the start worried too but quickly found with daily challenges, levelling up and bonus coins in various modes it started unlocking quickly. I’ve only got 13 male wrestlers left to unlock now... and further 10 female... when they add 70 more. I’ll admit that might be a struggle and with all the attires and CAW and CAB parts it is a bit bonkers - but I liked NBA playgrounds too and everyone hated that too so maybe I have bad taste. Just wouldn’t want people to dodge this game on the fear of the grind alone as it isn’t ghat bad - CTR for example is far far worse - I’d rather you could earn more coins quicker and I’d have had another 10/15 unlocked from start. Also CAW parts are shocking.

If you are a switch owner though is game is a worthy addition to your collection and suites a pick up and play approach

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »