Home

Nash Carter Removed from Stand Back DLC Pack

This is a discussion on Nash Carter Removed from Stand Back DLC Pack within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Football Simulator Hands-On Preview
World of Chel Tips and Tricks: How to Be a Good Teammate
Sunday Rivals Review - Great Mix of Sim and Arcade

Old 05-19-2022, 09:41 PM   #1
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Nash Carter Removed from Stand Back DLC Pack

So the news came out today that Nash Carter is being removed from the upcoming Stand Back DLC pack and the pack is being altered to include Booker T EVO and Seth Rollins Emerald MyFaction cards to replace him.

This is an absolute disaster and a slap in the face in my view to fans of this title. I paid for the season pass and while I wasn't dying to play with Carter or anything and understand the decision to remove him from the pack given everything going on with him currently, replacing him with cards for a mode that not every one that plays this game even touches is absurd. It's basically 2K trying to give people a reason to go into a mode to give them more money. It's the kind of move that you can bet is gonna result in plenty of outrage and someone moving forward with a lawsuit at some point over these kind of practices.

https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...-upcoming-dlc/

Quote:
With 2Ks commitment to providing the most authentic representation of the WWE universe, the Stand Back Pack has been updated to reflect the current WWE roster. WWE 2K22 DLC packs provide the community with engaging and valuable content post launch to ensure there is always something new to discover in the ring. To deliver on that promise, the new update to the Stand Back Pack now includes Booker T EVO and Seth Rollins Emerald MyFACTION cards as bonus content in addition to The Hurricane, Stacey Keibler, A-Kid, and Wes Lee.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2022, 10:04 PM   #2
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Nash Carter Removed from Stand Back DLC Pack

Bron Breaker would have been the Logical replacement.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 05-20-2022, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

They could have added The Creed Brothers, Bron Breakker, Nikkita Lyons, Pretty Deadly (pretty cringey) or a list of legends and they definitely went the lazy route with this one

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-20-2022, 02:16 PM   #4
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Bron Breaker would have been the Logical replacement.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends how much material they have on him or anyone else in NXT. Assuming they have a scan of him (and depending on schedules, who knows if they even have that yet?), they still have to build the character model, capture his moves, taunts, and entrance, record ring announcer and commentary audio, etc. WWE might have made the call to cut Nash Carter from the DLC too late to even consider it.

I think the easiest replacement would've been some of these MyFaction-exclusive characters that are 100% done and work fine. Guys like Godfather, Mankind, Dude Love. Or if they wanted to go current, grab the Zelina Vega model from 2K20, touch it up a little, and throw it in. All the other extra work has already been done.

In the end, we can all agree that MyFaction cards are a terrible substitution for a character. Somewhat related - they're also already removing creation parts tied to MyFaction-exclusive versions of wrestlers, so they're setting the bar for where things are headed.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:44 PM   #5
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Maybe, maybe not. Depends how much material they have on him or anyone else in NXT. Assuming they have a scan of him (and depending on schedules, who knows if they even have that yet?), they still have to build the character model, capture his moves, taunts, and entrance, record ring announcer and commentary audio, etc. WWE might have made the call to cut Nash Carter from the DLC too late to even consider it.

I think the easiest replacement would've been some of these MyFaction-exclusive characters that are 100% done and work fine. Guys like Godfather, Mankind, Dude Love. Or if they wanted to go current, grab the Zelina Vega model from 2K20, touch it up a little, and throw it in. All the other extra work has already been done.

In the end, we can all agree that MyFaction cards are a terrible substitution for a character. Somewhat related - they're also already removing creation parts tied to MyFaction-exclusive versions of wrestlers, so they're setting the bar for where things are headed.
Right. It's not as easy to just add a character to the game as some people think it is. I also doubt they could add someone from 2K20 considering the models are very different and run on a modified engine.

I keep hearing add Bron Breakker, but like you said, who even knows if they have any assets for him.

I've even heard people say they should have left Nash in because we paid for him. Come on now.

But I totally agree about the My Faction stuff. They are trying hard to get people to play it, but nobody wants it in this game. It seems like it's not a good fit for the game like card games are for the other sports titles.

Hopefully they see the negative feedback and throw us something for the players who have no interest in My Faction.

Last edited by PVarck31; 05-20-2022 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #6
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Best solution I've heard for the problem would be to give us someone from one of the other 2 packs, probably someone from the last one supposed to be coming in July like Xia Li or RVD. Then in that time between now and then, you could make a Bron or whoever to add to that pack.

Taking some of these MyFaction exclusive characters which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place is also a good sub. Just about anything BUT what they're doing is the right call here.
Old 05-21-2022, 01:24 AM   #7
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I also doubt they could add someone from 2K20 considering the models are very different and run on a modified engine.
Yeah, I'm not going to pretend I know how difficult anything would be, I was just thinking in terms of having some assets for a character vs trying to build one from scratch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Best solution I've heard for the problem would be to give us someone from one of the other 2 packs, probably someone from the last one supposed to be coming in July like Xia Li or RVD. Then in that time between now and then, you could make a Bron or whoever to add to that pack.
This actually isn't a bad idea. We know it's not happening, but it at least sounds more reasonable than when people call for someone like Cody or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Taking some of these MyFaction exclusive characters which shouldn't even be a thing in the first place is also a good sub. Just about anything BUT what they're doing is the right call here.
Right. I don't know what's going on at 2K but some of these decisions they've made really killed a lot of the goodwill they had at release.

I want to repeat what I said in my other post just for emphasis here - they're removing creation items (clothing, hair, etc.) that have since been used for MyFaction character models. I know some Becky Lynch parts, some Asuka, and I think one other wrestler so far. It's not everyone so who knows how they're deciding, but items that were in the game at launch are just unavailable now, with the only logical reason being that they want to stop people from creating those attires for use out of MyFaction mode. That's just stupid.

If wrestling games were taken as seriously as other genres, something like this would be talked about more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »