Home

WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #185
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by subinate027
How are you guys using the NWO in your universe if you are even using them?
I've got the nWo set up as their own roster and, when I think the time is right for them to join the picture, I'm going to add the nWo Roster to RAW.

Real American Hulk Hogan just won the World Heavyweight Championship in my Universe, however, and having him and Hollywood Hulk Hogan active at the same time makes no sense (to me, anyway). So I have The Outsiders doing their thing on RAW in the meantime, and the rest of the nWo is currently inactive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #186
MVP

OVR: 9

Dean Ambrose won a hard fought triple threat #1 contender match for the intercontinental title on NXT, finished that show and went to my next PPV the king of the ring and Deam Ambrose wasn't even on the show or in an IC title match, so STUPID!!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #187
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

The Road to Bound for Glory..
  • Dean Ambrose cashed in his rematch clause against new United States Champion Samoa Joe on Smackdown. He suffered the same fate as at Survivor Series, tapping to a Cocina Clutch.

• The Brotherhood (Cody Rhodes/Goldust) were granted another match against the tag champions Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, elimination-style. They came out on top, each picking up one elimination in the process. It's unsure if they'll receive another title shot but they seem to be first in line as the Tag Turmoil will likely finish up at the Royal Rumble.

• The Hulkster leg-dropped his way to victory over Razor Ramon, in the return match for the both of them. Hogan will take on the Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy in the next round of Smackdown's tourney.

• John Cena arrived on Smackdown after elimination in Raw's Gold Rush tournament, claiming he is worthy of being Smackdown's champion instead. Curiously, the Chain Gang Commander requested an immediate shot at new champion AJ Styles. He would be pitted against a future contender, Mr. Money in the Bank, Damien Sandow. Former champ Alberto Del Rio took offense to Cena's demands, assaulting him as he made his way to the ring. The 11-time WWE Champion was able to survive a Terminus from The Savior of the Masses and connected with his new finisher - the Cradle Shock - for the win.

• Perhaps retaliating for Del Rio's assault on Cena earlier, World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles attacked "Mexico's Greatest Export" and hit him with a Styles Clash on the ramp. The Phenomenal One did away with ADR's rematch clause, recovering from a Cross Armbreaker and slamming him down for the three with a second Styles Clash.

• Mr. Perfect brought his A-game, defeating Chris Benoit after a brutal DDT on the apron and a PerfectPlex onto steel steps. He moves on in Raw's Gold Rush tourney.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 11-16-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #188
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

• The Dream Team (Cody/Dustin/Dusty Rhodes) teamed up with El Generico to combat common enemies - Ted DiBiase and Curtis Axel of the Corporation; Seth Rollins of the Shield. The exciting 6-man matchup ended when Generico planted The Million Dollar Man into the mat with a Tornado DDT.

• The European Title was on the line inside a cell with a mish-mash of competitors - champ William Regal, Bobby Roode, The Miz, rookie Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Zack Ryder, and the returning vet Roddy Piper. 12 minutes went by and the It-Factor forced Miz to submit with a Crossface. Considering he wasn't pinned and lost his title, I'll be curious to see how the 2008 King of the Ring winner feels.

• In a dream match-up, Kevin Steen made fairly quick work of Cruiserweight Champion Austin Aries, pinning him after a Steenalizer. He'll battle "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero in the next round on the Raw side.

• NextGen's rivalry with the Corporation continues. C.M. Punk and newly-recruited Jay Lethal went up against the colossal Andre the Giant and Ric Flair, friend and mentor of Triple H. Lethal scored one against the Corporation, rolling up Flair for the 3 count.

• Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes defeated mutual enemies Roman Reigns and Randy Orton (w/Triple H) in the main event of Raw.

Last edited by philliesfan136; 11-30-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #189
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
WWE 2K14 Universe Mode Thread- How's Your's Going

After a bit of CAW downloading, I've managed to get the Universe where I think I want it to start. It's a loose continuation of where I left off. I am having some difficulty in deciding what direction I want to go with this, but I think I've settled on a creative compromise. My biggest issue has been reconciling past and present characters. I don't follow WWE and haven't in over a decade; the only thing I know about most of these guys is from '12 and '13 and the internet. I have no real attachment to most of them, but I can't just disregard half the roster. My shows are too big. I've mapped out a couple solutions... including creating a sort-of minor league brand where characters sit and compete until they're proven to be ready for the two big shows. I am still spitballing, but something will change down the road. I really don't like having two World Titles for one brand, either...

In the meantime, the universe will continue as it was with some revisions and retcons. It's 2013 but we're not approaching Wrestlemania 30. We're approaching Wrestlemania 25. Revisionist history. I'm doing away with a large chunk of the past (hey, if they can pretend Chris Benoit never existed, I can change things as I see fit). Some things remain (Undertaker's streak, for example). This allows some longevity and I can utilize the in-game WM arenas.

Champions
WWE - Bret Hart
World Heavyweight - Diesel (Kevin Nash has re-assumed his Diesel gimmick)
Intercontinental - Triple H (retro)
United States - Ryback
Tag-Team - SHIELD
European - The Miz
Diva's - AJ

The main storylines going forward to Money in the Bank PPV are:
a. CM Punk v. Bret Hart rivalry
b. HBK's return following his Wrestlemania XXIV loss to The Rock and his antics as the referee at Capital Punishment. He's likely to feud with Jericho.
c. Diesel/Hulk Hogan rivalry. Hogan fought against Syxx (Nash's proxy) and wants a piece of Diesel... and his WHC.
d. A fluid tag-team division. SHIELD holds it currently, but there are plenty of teams angling for a shot to dethrone them. I'm big on tag-teams and have been downloading like mad. I even created a new stable inspired by, of all things, Sgt. Slaughter. He's now the leader of The Renegades, a heel rag-tag group of ex-military folks. Slaughter is a disaffected Iraq War vet who lost his love of country.

Last edited by alifeincomplete; 11-17-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #190
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

I am kinda of having a delay in my dynasty. The guys from Hyperball sliders are doing some adjustments to their sliders and attriubutes. They told me it should be done this week.

I am also going to see what new CAWS have been released and see if theres enough I like to do 3 shows.

I do have a GM dynasty thing going on in another thread if anyone is interested. I am Smackdown's GM on that but the cpu plays out the matches. I just did the drafting and now I do the booking.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #191
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

I am having a blast with this. I'm in my 3rd month now.

I have 3 events. Monday night Raw is war, Thunder on Wednesday, and Nitro on Thursday.

I have 21 superstars for Raw(took out a lot and all divas) and 15 for Nitro. I have the wwe guys in Raw and WCW in Nitro. On thunder I have just 4 matches and let the 2 interact. Big fun so far.

My WWE Champ is The Rock
My WCW champ is Sting

John Cena and DDP are the #1 Contenders on their respective show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #192
Rookie

Alex Hopkinson's Arena

OVR: 0

Last night my Universe gave me a 6 man ladder match to finish Money In The Bank and it was insane. I took control of Daniel Bryant and immediately found myself on the end of a constant pounding by Kane. Ladders and wrestlers were constantly flying everywhere, with plenty of missed leaps off ladders (I might have contributed a fair number of these myself...). There were several close calls on grabbing the money, sadly only one of them from me, but it didn't look like anyone was going to get it before the clock ran out. Then Kane, bored with beating the hell out of me, got his fingers on it just as I kicked the ladder out from under him and sent him flying. Vengeance! The clock ran out... and it turned out Kane had the money. Gah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »