Home

WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #41
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: WWE 2K14 Attributes Thread

Upon request, attached to this post is a file containing my WWE 2K14 re-rates. It includes ratings for every current and legend Superstar and Diva on-disc, every DLC Superstar and Diva, every NXT Superstar and Diva, and a large number of Superstars and Divas not included on the game, some of which may be found in Community Creations.

How it works is behind spoilers below:

Spoiler

These ratings are intended for playing the game as a user against AI-controlled opponents; presumably it will also work fine for user-vs-user, but it is untested for AI-vs-AI. Current sliders and settings included behind next spoiler:

Spoiler

Also, don't take these as gospel; if you feel I've rated someone incorrectly, please send me a PM with how you think that Superstar's ratings should be changed. A few of these guys - example, Big John Studd - I've never seen in a wrestling ring, ever; I was brought up on The New Generation and The Attitude Era, haha. Do note that all recent wrestlers are rated with respect to how they currently perform / most recently performed; for example, Edge was indeed part of great tag team with Christian, but his Rated-R Superstar character was not known for tag team wrestling excellence, so I chose to focus on other attributes instead when assigning him traits.

Finally, if you want to see a Superstar or Diva added to the file, PM me about that as well; if it's a TNA / ROH / indie / hasn't-been-in-WWE-or-WCW guy, you may have to also shoot me some details about how that wrestler performs and what his signature moves are.

As always, constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated, and if you choose to use this I hope you enjoy it!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WWE 2K14 - OS.pdf (375.5 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-19-2014 at 02:35 AM. Reason: roster update 8/19/2014
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 2

Ok I gotta ask how did u come up w Daniel Bryan and cm punk's attributes? In particular their submission att. I'm looking at Alberto del Rio and he still has his 95 submission. Daniel Bryan should be on par w him since they are the 2 best at submissions. Punk shouldn't be far behind either. Also Daniel Bryan doesn't shine anywhere outside of charisma. That doesn't translate since he arguably is the best technical wrestler in the company today. Not tryna come off offensive or anything just giving my input
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Ok I gotta ask how did u come up w Daniel Bryan and cm punk's attributes? In particular their submission att. I'm looking at Alberto del Rio and he still has his 95 submission. Daniel Bryan should be on par w him since they are the 2 best at submissions. Punk shouldn't be far behind either. Also Daniel Bryan doesn't shine anywhere outside of charisma. That doesn't translate since he arguably is the best technical wrestler in the company today. Not tryna come off offensive or anything just giving my input
None taken!

I way I saw Daniel Bryan (from a kayfabe perspective) was that he was an incredibly popular and undersized but durable underdog in WWE first, technical wrestler second. He's not going to win tests of strength against the vast majority of the roster. I didn't see technical as necessarily referring to only submissions, but also those well-versed at more complex suplexes and slams. Bryan was one of the harder guys to really get anywhere close to acceptable in the confines of this system, to be honest.

With Punk (again looking from a kayfabe perspective), I was targeting popularity, ability to endure long matches, and a well-rounded skill set. Punk used to use the Anaconda Vise as his finisher, yes, but he's more known in WWE now for his striking, if you were to ask me.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:37 AM   #44
Pro

Ok fair enough. I can see where ur coming from. I think d Bryan should be at least a lil bit higher in submissions just so that he stands out at something besides charisma. He is the best wrestler in the company
Old 11-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #45
Pro

Ok fair enough. I can see where ur coming from. I think d Bryan should be at least a lil bit higher in submissions just so that he stands out at something besides charisma. He is the best wrestler in the company
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #46
MVP

Colts18's Arena

I am working on my WWE 2K14 roster edits. I am looking to make sure all of the Undertakers in the game are different.

How do they differ? In ring style. I know Bad *** used strikes and submissions more. Other than that, I am stuck

Current Taker
Bad *** Taker
Lord Of Darkness Taker
Purple Gloves Taker when he wrestled the fake Taker
Old 11-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #47
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman08
Ok I gotta ask how did u come up w Daniel Bryan and cm punk's attributes? In particular their submission att. I'm looking at Alberto del Rio and he still has his 95 submission. Daniel Bryan should be on par w him since they are the 2 best at submissions. Punk shouldn't be far behind either.
You could also make the case that if these ratings are based on current WWE (while also not ignoring a wrestler's entire body of work), Daniel Bryan is more of a striker than a submission-style wrestler. He's even phasing out the Yes Lock in favor of the flying knee. We know he's great at submissions, but he's not really utilizing it right now - same with Punk. By comparison, Del Rio's offense as of now is very heavy on attacking the arm to set up the submission.

I guess it depends if you're looking at this more as what the wrestler has the potential to do vs. how he's currently competing.

That being said, the disparity between the two (Bryan & Del Rio) does stand out in terms of pure numbers, but I'd have to play the game and see how the numbers apply to really judge if it's off or not.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #48
Rookie

Yung AJ24's Arena

OVR: 0

I've updated my attributes to be realistic but idk if ya'll would want em, ya'll might have better ones

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »