Home

WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #25
Rookie

OriolesFanRD's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Yukes is not completely eliminated from the game, yet.
I can't wait till they are. Wrestle Kingdom "Next-Gen" needs to happen soon. Or better yet, Yukes and *Insert publisher* make a TNA game. *Dreams*

But that's cool with the scanning and such, but show me improved gameplay.
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • San Antonio Spurs
  • Maryland Terps [Basketball|Football]
Online Championship Wrestling
2012 Baltimore Orioles - Left us way too soon. Fun ride, fellas!
2014 Baltimore Orioles - My soul hurts. It hurts really bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 05:18 AM   #26
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
For those interested, here are some more details coming from WWEShop.com as they have it listed for Pre-Order. (Obviously, no Sting reference for a special pre-order).

Features

Collaborative Development: WWE 2K15 will see Visual Concepts join forces with long-standing developer Yuke’s to bring the WWE video game experience to next-generation formats. Praised for its efforts on 2K’s prominent NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts will bring its established pedigree to WWE 2K15 through design processes, gameplay innovations, commitment to sports simulation authenticity and more.

Gameplay Enhancements: WWE 2K15 will significantly improve the core gameplay experience through key additions and improvements designed to elevate the franchise now and into the future. From brand new motion capture technology to animation advancements to a host of to-be-announced features, WWE 2K15 will deliver a premium sports simulation in line with WWE’s television and live event offerings.

Next-Gen Superstars: WWE 2K15 will take advantage of the high profile capture technology seen in the NBA 2K series, with focus on the head, body and signature facial features, to create an unprecedented level of model authenticity (PS4, Xbox One only). Additional presentation improvements, including lighting changes, will dramatically impact the appearance of featured WWE Superstars and Divas, resulting in a highly life-like and natural look.

Feel the Noise: WWE 2K15 will further replicate the WWE television experience through extensive improvements to audio depth and quality. In-game commentary will see more than five times the amount of recorded lines in comparison with previous franchise iterations. In addition, all in-ring sound effects will be overhauled to further enhance the action.

New Game Modes: Stay tuned as we near launch to learn more about new game modes and surprises making their debut in WWE 2K15!

New game modes, and surprises? So there's more than just Sting? Looks like in just 1 year, 2K has turned what THQ was making a stale repetitive game, into a game that can feel like a new game.

http://shop.wwe.com/WWE-2K15---PS4/W...1&cgid=wwe2k15
Well this is what happens when you remove THQ and the incompetent idiots like Ledesma are removed from this series. Already it seems like 2K is putting in three times the effort that THQ had been putting in throughout the entire 360/PS3 generation..
Old 07-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #27
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Something of interest that was confirmed, or debunked I guess:

Quote:
Former WWE and WCW wrestler, Goldberg, has confirmed that we will not be in WWE 2K15.

A fan asked Goldberg on twitter if we will be a part of the WWE 2K15 roster. Goldberg blatantly said: “If I’m not mistaken, I’m not even in the game”. This is a strong indication he will not be in the game, so people will have to create him in the game instead.

Goldberg was a part of last year’s WWE 2K14 game however. He was playable and gamers could even relive his last ever WWE match against Brock Lesnar 10 years ago at WrestleMania XX. WWE also released a special Goldberg DVD last year for WCW fans to reminiscence.

With Goldberg not in WWE 2K15, this could mean the rumored “WCW-mode” will not be in the game too. Goldberg was a huge part of WCW and it wouldn’t make sense to not have him. Goldberg joins Jim Ross as one other big name that will not be a part of WWE 2K15.

This does not mean the game will not be featuring any legends. We do know that Hulk Hogan will be in the game so older wrestlers do have their place. It’s possible Goldberg had to be dropped in order to get Sting in the game. Sting has not been confirmed yet, but Jim Ross thinks he’s in the game.
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/go...ence-wwe-2k15/
Old 07-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #28
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

It could also be a ploy.

I loled at this though:

Quote:
Goldberg blatantly said: “If I’m not mistaken, I’m not even in the game”. This is a strong indication he will not be in the game, so people will have to create him in the game instead.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #29
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

Yeah, I was going to find the tweet but got lazy about it.

Some writing on certain sites is terrible.

There's a certain few on the examiner that I cannot stand.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #30
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Here's some more rumors about the game. It seems just like the special Undertaker version last year, there will be a Hulk Hogan Edition of the game. Hogan told a fan on Twitter that he is signing 25,000 photos that will be in the special edition copies of the game.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...ideo_Game.html

Last edited by goravens2052; 07-04-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #31
All Star

Nice. Hogan was my favorite so I'll enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #32
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Nice. Hogan was my favorite so I'll enjoy it.
Especially since it will come with his autograph. You probably end paying the same amount for the game as you would an autograph session with Hogan. Plus for so many fans that Hogan has, this will sell out quick. That's just to get his autographed card.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »