Home

WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #65
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: WWE 2K15: First Details Emerge About New-Gen Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury112491
Well they're not completely different. The Attitude Era is the WWE side of the MNW.
The Attitude Era is not the Monday Night Wars though. The Attitude Era is a WWE Era.

An Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars Game Mode WOULD be two completely different modes.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 07-25-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Spelled different wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #66
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I'll buy the game regardless, but Universe Mode will make or break my experience with the game. I hope they either made the rivalry maker much better (it was so redundant and glitchy in 2K14; every week, the participants would face in Extreme Rules/submission matches, for every rivalry. I'd love it if the game-makers watched WWE programming and saw how WWE builds rivalries, and even somewhat incorporated that into the game.
Same here. For all of its maddening flaws, Universe mode sells the game for me. Rivalry mode was a great addition last year, but the implementation left a lot to be desired. Like you said, too many head-to-head matches between the rivals, and for some reason half of them were submission matches and falls count anywhere matches. If you did a 12-week rivalry between Undertaker and the Rock, it often meant that they would just fight each other 12 times (or I guess 15 times with PPV matches).

Instead, I'd like to see a rivalry sequence like this for example:

1. Heel calls Face out after a random match (rivalries sometimes started this way in 2K14)
2. Face vs. random opponent; Heel does a run-in and causes a DQ
3. Heel and Face have a match, but Heel weasels out of it, sending a lackey to fight instead
4. Tag team match where Face partners with another face and Heel partners with another Heel
5. Face vs. Heel at PPV

Last edited by Anaxamander; 07-23-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #67
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
The Attitude Era is not the Monday Night Wars though. The Attitude Era is a WWE Era.

An Attitude Era and Monday Night Wars Game Mode WOULD be two completely difcerent modes.

The Attitude Era happened during the Monday Night Wars. It runs almost the same exact length of time as the Monday Night Wars. If you had a Monday Night Wars mode you would have A LOT of the same matches on the WWE side as you had in the Attitude Era mode.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #68
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
The Attitude Era happened during the Monday Night Wars. It runs almost the same exact length of time as the Monday Night Wars. If you had a Monday Night Wars mode you would have A LOT of the same matches on the WWE side as you had in the Attitude Era mode.
You wouldn't have to have a lot of the matches. Yes, some would be necessary but you're still talking about what would be roughly half of the game mode. There were matches left out on the WWE side (due to contracts), as well as matches that could've been deemed unnecessary.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-23-2014, 10:15 PM   #69
All Star

OVR: 2

Quote:
You wouldn't have to have a lot of the matches. Yes, some would be necessary but you're still talking about what would be roughly half of the game mode. There were matches left out on the WWE side (due to contracts), as well as matches that could've been deemed unnecessary.

LOL that's the point I've been trying to make and you said they are completely different.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #70
MVP

bigbob's Arena

Quote:
LOL that's the point I've been trying to make and you said they are completely different.
The Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars would be TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME MODES with TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PURPOSES.

If you don't understand, move along.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 07-24-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #71
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
The Attitude Era and the Monday Night Wars would be TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME MODES with TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PURPOSES.

If you don't understand, move along.
I actually understand what the other guy is saying. You'd already have half of the Monday Night Wars inherent in the Attitude Era mode. So really, all you'd need to add is WCW.

If you're talking about actual booking the shows, and going head to head with one another, where ratings are dependent on match quality and feuds, then we're talking a separate mode that you can call Monday Night Wars.

Otherwise, if Monday Night Wars is playing WWF and WCW during the late 90s, you've already done that in WWE 13 with the Attitude Era mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #72
MVP

bigbob's Arena

He doesn't get it.

Moving on.

IGN (as terrible as always) apparently looked to fuel the fire. They're listing Jeff Hardy as a rumored character for 2k15. They must not know he's under contract with another company.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by bigbob; 07-25-2014 at 01:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »