Home

A New Direction for 2K and WWE?

This is a discussion on A New Direction for 2K and WWE? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
A New Direction for 2K and WWE?

Even though the weather is just now starting to heat up, It’s never too early to start thinking about the newly 2K christened WWE videogame.

This year's edition seems to offer more promise now that the authenticity driven Visual Concepts - the in-house development team at 2K Sports - is taking direct involvement in the production of the game this year. Yukes will still be involved, but the fact that Visual Concepts is now on board puts a smile on a lot of faces. What exactly will this mean for the franchise? Only time will tell, but if Visual Concepts treats “WWE 2K15” like their other sports titles, I think fans of the series might be in for a treat.

Read More - A New Direction for 2K and WWE?
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
they pull all that off and i'll but my first wwe game in years day one
Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
just reading this gave me chills about the game! this needs to be in a MyPlayer mode or something, good write-up!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #4
Rookie

I actually think they should steal a couple ideas from FireProWrestling. But maybe that's wishful thinking....
Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
this is the 1st wrestling game that im actually excited for since "here comes the pain"

just need to see gameplay to push me over the top
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
This is all possible, just won't happen this year unfortunately. I imagine if there is a career mode, it'll be story driven unfortunately. I've always liked the idea of influencing events in a career mode, really makes it unique to the player.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:01 AM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I would be all for a career mode. I didn't really enjoy 30 years of Wrestlemania or Attitude mode. I'm more of a current roster guy (though the announce for Sting excites me) and I found those modes more tedious than fun.

Career Mode Please!
Old 07-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

That would be pretty awesome. If it plays and handles as well as NBA 2k14, then it should be a really good game. The MyPlayer career mode has long been one of my personal favorite gaming modes and with it having more of a story arc on its debut for PS4/Xbone, it has a bit more length to it. So I think if they incorporate something like that, then its going to be dang good.

I would like a Monday Night Wars mode, if they go that route. The 30 Years of WM and the Attitude Era modes were full of nostalgia for me. In fact, I hadn't watched wrestling in about 8-9 years but played those games and it got me interested in wrestling all over again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »