Home

WWE SuperCard Announced For Mobile Devices, Available Now

This is a discussion on WWE SuperCard Announced For Mobile Devices, Available Now within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #9
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 2K Announces "WWE SuperCard" for Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Maybe I'm missing something - and please feel free to enlighten me - but what part of this game is supposed to be fun? It's basically just picking cards and hoping your card's numbers is higher than your opponent's card's numbers?
That's kind of the gist of it.

In NBA you have a starting lineup of five player cards. You can also combine duplicates to give them a small boost, or use these lower-level cards to 'train' your better players. For example, if you have a guy with good defense but bad everywhere else you can use him boost a more well-rounded player who might be lacking defensively.

Each game is broken up into four rounds (quarters), and before each round it tells you what that round will be scored on (Offense, Defense, Ball Control, Mental Game) and you choose which card to play each round. You can also play a modifier card (one per game) to knock down your opponent's applicable ratings or to boost yours for that quarter.

I'm not sure how it counts points per quarter, but the highest cumulative total at the end wins. You get 50 VC per win and a random pick of two cards to further your team.

Last edited by SmashMan; 08-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

So it's basically MyTeam WWE version.
I'll only play it in WWE2K15 there's some sort of in-game currency and this app gives me some easily.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #11
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

This is up for iOS now. Not sure about anything else because I don't have any of those devices.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 AM   #12
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is up for iOS now. Not sure about anything else because I don't have any of those devices.
I beleive this is also going to be released on Android as well.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:14 AM   #13
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

WORLDSTARRRRRR
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceeWarrior
Just the feeling of whether or not your going to pull a good card from the board. Its fun for me cause I used to be a TCG collector and I love the rush of seeing what you get and beating others
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That's kind of the gist of it.

In NBA you have a starting lineup of five player cards. You can also combine duplicates to give them a small boost, or use these lower-level cards to 'train' your better players. For example, if you have a guy with good defense but bad everywhere else you can use him boost a more well-rounded player who might be lacking defensively.

Each game is broken up into four rounds (quarters), and before each round it tells you what that round will be scored on (Offense, Defense, Ball Control, Mental Game) and you choose which card to play each round. You can also play a modifier card (one per game) to knock down your opponent's applicable ratings or to boost yours for that quarter.

I'm not sure how it counts points per quarter, but the highest cumulative total at the end wins. You get 50 VC per win and a random pick of two cards to further your team.
I see.

I've played a few CCGs too; not a grizzled veteran, per se, but I know my way around a game of Magic: The Gathering, I used to play in a Pokemon TCG league, and I frequently played the defunct WWF Raw Deal with my friends.

This game just doesn't strike me as nearly as engaging a game as any of those above. The gameplay mechanics are severely limited, and there's no deck building strategy other than "increase your numbers". I pretty much am seeing a thinly veiled engine for micro transactions with as little gameplay as possible.

Basically, I would never ever play this, as I don't see any value in it relative to other card-based games. If you enjoy it, more power to you, though!

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-14-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
This the best crap WWE can come up with? At least give us a actual wresting game, or legit board game if your going to make something this lame.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE SuperCard Announced For Mobile Devices, Available Now

This is fun!

I have an immense dream team going, led by rare Lesnar. The only weak link is common AJ, but I'm doing my best to train her.

And bringing it home are the uncommons; D-Bry, Yoko F'N Zuna and Cesaro.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »