Home

WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
Drop It!

JeterFan02's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode

It depends on what I'm feeling like when I get the game. Also it depends on what I will do with my career wrestler. I know I will defintely want to tag division to be thriving and also see what factions I am able to recreate!
Bayern Munich!!
Randy Orton..Legend Killer!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I will probably run it with separate brands with corresponding brand titles.

Might run it like my current one where the brand champions can challenge for the World Title.

Will probably bring back LtHW/Cruiser Titles as well.

Will slowly bring NXT guys up.

Might run one brand as more of an independent type brand to give more guys of a chance like I am currently doing.

Will sign guys (CAWs) to NXT and maybe some directly to the main two brands.

Might do "seasons" where guys are ranked in certain divisions and can move up at the end of seasons by challenging up.

Also thought about seasons that are run like a sports league with 3 month seasons. Split them into different levels and have them move up and down after a season where they do more of a round robin style season with a tournament at the end.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

Last edited by wiscowilz; 09-25-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #11
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Continuing my current one most likely, although I haven't gotten around to working on it lately.

Probably gonna try and ingrain nXt more because I always have too many guys on both RAW and Smackdown. That way I can swap them down when I feel like one isn't getting enough use a la Tyson Kidd/Sin Cara.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

I put a lot of time in 2k14 on making a show based off an old e-fed/backyard wrestling group my friends had in high school. I created nearly 40 different characters that we had and ran it as its own show. Then I would promote guys from that to NXT, then called up to RAW/Smackdown. I figure I'll do something along those lines.

As far as the main roster and storyline goes, I think I'm going to finally push Cesaro. In my mind, I think I may align him with The Authority and break Randy Orton away because he "couldn't get the job done" as it pertains to Ambrose and Roman Reigns. I think a Cesaro/Rollins vs Ambrose/Reigns feud would be fun. I'm not the world's biggest Randy Orton fan, so I have no issue moving him to the mid-card. He can tangle with The Miz all he wants. But I would like to give Ziggler a bit of a push and make tag team wrestling more of a focus. How can the Uso's and Harper/Rowan put on two great PPV card opening matches in a row then be pushed into nothing, while they're filling up time with Total Divas crap? Beyond me!

I also like to have a hall of fame brand running as well, so that will depend on who they are able to get in this new game. I know there was talk of only having the living hall of famers in now because of how the scanning process works now, so that may limit what I'm able to do there. But I can always create guys along the way, so I'll just have to see what 2K gives us.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Going to go with a brand split...

RAW, Smackdown and NXT.

They'll all have big name guys... I'll try to keep the NXT guys in NXT to start, but I'll add people like Rollins, Miz, Rusev and Sheamus.

But each show will share the primary title, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It'll work like this: Let's say Brock is the WWE WHC, he's not on any brand or show. He can travel freely. But let's say he loses to Daniel Bryan who is on RAW. Bryan leaves the RAW roster, and Lesnar replaces him.

Same scenario, except Lesnar loses to Cena who is on the Smackdown roster: Lesnar replaces Cena on Smackdown.

Each brand has their main title: Raw - IC, Smackdown - World Heavyweight (old WCW) and NXT the NXT Title. When the WWE World Heavyweight Title isn't featured on their show, this belt is their grand prize.

Divas can be on any show, tag team champs can travel to any show.

Haven't put much thought into otherwise.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #14
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Scratch my last post in here, I have a new idea for my Universe.

I'll be doing competing shows, one being WWE, and the other being NXT. NXT will for my Universe purpose be "bought out" and will become its own network and the secret buyer will end up being CM Punk (Wrestler/Owner) and coming along with him will be some veterans (Christian, RVD, Mark Henry) and a bunch of young talents or high risk takers (Zayn, Neville, Gabriel, Kidd etc...)

Hopefully this makes it very enjoyable because I always seem to restart and lose interest in Universe mode.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:47 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

My buddy & I act as GM's and have an actual offline draft (like fantasy football) from a pool of basically all wrestlers throughout history. I am the GM of WWE & he is the GM of WCW. I run Raw & Smackdown, which are held on Monday & Friday respectively. He runs Nitro & Thunder, which are held on Tuesday & Thursday respectively. We both have one PPV each month, with both shows competing on our brands' card. (ie. In January, WCW's PPV is World War 3 which takes place on Sunday of Week 2 & WWE's PPV is the Royal Rumble which takes place on Sunday of Week 4. With each of the Main Events winners going to Starrcade/Wrestlemania to headline the show.) We draft 20 wrestlers to each brand. Each show has their own Major Champion (4 total main event Champions), Minor Champion (4 total mid-card champions), & each brands show shares the Tag Team Belts (2 total Tag Champs). We are constantly switching up the rivalries, trading superstars to different shows, unifying belts, starting interpromotioal wars, pushing up & coming stars, and everything you could possibly think of to feel as if your a real GM/Booker. Universe Mode does a great job of keeping stats of title runs & how long each belt was held. We have played through 15 years on Universe Mode & I must say this is the most fun I've had playing a WWE video game since No Mercy for 64. I HOPE they make 2k15's Universe Mode even better! Because I am dying to start a clean slate with this years roster!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #16
Pro

jmac7164's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz

Might do "seasons" where guys are ranked in certain divisions and can move up at the end of seasons by challenging up.

Also thought about seasons that are run like a sports league with 3 month seasons. Split them into different levels and have them move up and down after a season where they do more of a round robin style season with a tournament at the end.
That sounds really fun might try that

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »