Home

WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #17
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2k15- What are your Plans for Universe Mode

Probably one big brand with a mix of current guys and legends. I usually loose interest in Universe due to the lack of cut scenes and actual stories during a feud. Hopefully this is something 2K has fixed seeing THQ could never get it right after 4 games with Universe
Old 10-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #18
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7164
That sounds really fun might try that
Yeah I kind of have season in my current one for WWE2K14 but might want to try and to more of it. Not sure if I would included big feuds or have a schedule where each person in a division wrestles everyone a certain number of times and then have a tournament at the end. Maybe split each title into multiple divisions depending on how many guys are in each one.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Definitely liking the season idea, but my thought will be to use a spreadsheet to keep track of the stats of each season.

May do a draft every 6 months, have 3 shows, with only the top 2 shows getting PPV's every month. (Maybe only do 2 shows, with 1 show having a PPV, will have to plan that out when full roster is released.) But I will have a Major/Minor on each show, and possibly a tag on all shows or at least 2/3.

Every 6 months, the top and bottom of each show will be shuffled around, and if one of the current champions happen to be in the top of the standings, then a tournament will occur for the vacated title.

This will keep things fresh for me and could make for fun storylines.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #20
Banned

I'll definitely be placing Ambrose in the WWE WHC scene on the RTWM. He'll be the one to defeat Lesnar. I also plan on having Wyatt, Sandow, Cesaro and Rollins in the mix as well. Roman Reigns will be a midcarder, naturally.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #21
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
Definitely liking the season idea, but my thought will be to use a spreadsheet to keep track of the stats of each season.

May do a draft every 6 months, have 3 shows, with only the top 2 shows getting PPV's every month. (Maybe only do 2 shows, with 1 show having a PPV, will have to plan that out when full roster is released.) But I will have a Major/Minor on each show, and possibly a tag on all shows or at least 2/3.

Every 6 months, the top and bottom of each show will be shuffled around, and if one of the current champions happen to be in the top of the standings, then a tournament will occur for the vacated title.

This will keep things fresh for me and could make for fun storylines.
Definitely would have to use some sort of spread sheet to keep track of wins and loses and stuff like that. Also you could do a hockey type thing where you have points as well (depending on type of win)

Would also have to work in Triple Threat and Fatal 4way matches. In triple threat the person who didnt take the pinfall could get a tie.

Put a certain number of guys in each "division" and figure out how you want to run it.

After each season I would probably take the champion of the lower division as well as the next two top ranked and let them "challenge" for a spot in the high division. If you end up doing round robin type thing it would also guarantee that the titles get defended plenty of times.

I personally would definitely be doing tag and women's divisions. Just have to figure out hoe many guys per division and if I do them on separate shows and have a main card and mid card on each brand or not.

Also have to figure out season lengths.

For me I would probably be doing RAW, SD, and NXT with the NXT Champions getting a chance to move up to one of the main rosters.

not sure if I would have PPVs every month with this type of format or just do one every three months or so at the end of a season.

I love the draft idea as well but not sure how ofter I would do it or just have it be after WM>

WWLeague Season 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #22
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Definitely would have to use some sort of spread sheet to keep track of wins and loses and stuff like that. Also you could do a hockey type thing where you have points as well (depending on type of win)

Would also have to work in Triple Threat and Fatal 4way matches. In triple threat the person who didnt take the pinfall could get a tie.

Put a certain number of guys in each "division" and figure out how you want to run it.

After each season I would probably take the champion of the lower division as well as the next two top ranked and let them "challenge" for a spot in the high division. If you end up doing round robin type thing it would also guarantee that the titles get defended plenty of times.

I personally would definitely be doing tag and women's divisions. Just have to figure out hoe many guys per division and if I do them on separate shows and have a main card and mid card on each brand or not.

Also have to figure out season lengths.

For me I would probably be doing RAW, SD, and NXT with the NXT Champions getting a chance to move up to one of the main rosters.

not sure if I would have PPVs every month with this type of format or just do one every three months or so at the end of a season.

I love the draft idea as well but not sure how ofter I would do it or just have it be after WM>
The way in thinking of doing my draft is moving some PPV around and having the seasons start night after wrestlemania with the draft that night, week 4 march. Then having the that season end at the ppv I choose for week 4 September, with the relegation draft night after.

That would be two seasons a year at 26 weeks a piece and 3 shows a week and 1 ppv a month for main show, maybe 1 every two months for a combined bottom two shows
Old 10-17-2014, 10:19 AM   #23
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
The way in thinking of doing my draft is moving some PPV around and having the seasons start night after wrestlemania with the draft that night, week 4 march. Then having the that season end at the ppv I choose for week 4 September, with the relegation draft night after.

That would be two seasons a year at 26 weeks a piece and 3 shows a week and 1 ppv a month for main show, maybe 1 every two months for a combined bottom two shows
You wouldnt be able to move WM until after the first year though because it starts after WM in the first week of April.

I am trying to figure out a set up and scoring system that will allow for good divisions as well as enough time for matches.

With this idea there cant really be any big rivalries set up but you can still set up rivals.

WWLeague Season 3
Old 10-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #24
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
You wouldnt be able to move WM until after the first year though because it starts after WM in the first week of April.

I am trying to figure out a set up and scoring system that will allow for good divisions as well as enough time for matches.

With this idea there cant really be any big rivalries set up but you can still set up rivals.
That's why you do a draft based on what you want, you don't have to do it based off of W/L record. No since in having a guy on the bottom dropped if you have plans for him. It's all personal preference anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »