Home

WWE 2k15 last gen reviews

This is a discussion on WWE 2k15 last gen reviews within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2k15 last gen reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They don't need to justify it. No one made anyone go buy the game.

There is always one who gives this smarmy *** answer,isn't there
Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate1986
i did rent it today, it is basically a carbon copy of 2k14 which was to be expected anyway, kinda shocked to hear them fudge around with the creation suite but i dont mess with that too much

anyone that thought 2k was gonna put a whole hearted effort into ps3 and 360 had some very if not too high of expectations
I don't think it's that so much. You just don't expect them to strip out game modes. If you're gonna half *** it like this, why even release it for last gen systems?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:23 PM   #11
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Though I don't think they need to justify anything with this release, I think they basically just kicked their last gen. fans in the crotch with this release. You can absolutely tell this is just an afterthought to the current generation of the game and there are so many disappointments.

The lack of effort they put into this game is incredible. Even the 2K showcase shows screenshots of the current generation game while loading matches. Any wrestler that was in last year's game is just a carbon copy of their model with maybe some *slight* updates.

The thing that really kills me, though, is the lack of any attempt to make this game up to date. I understand there are deadlines they have to meet and they have to cut off certain things at some point, but they didn't even take the time to put in any updated entrances for the Shield members. I understanding the constraints in getting updated attires in, but you'd think music would be relatively simple to get onto the disc. The fact that the new WWE logo overlay from August is in and Bo Dallas's current gimmick is in(which I'm pretty sure debuted around the same time as the Shield broke up) makes me wonder why the hell they couldn't put in any of the Shield's new music.

And I don't see this as being brought up yet, but they are limiting you to 10 downloads in a 24 hour period on Community Creations as well as limiting you to 5 uploads initially until you break from a "Bronze" tier upload rank. Not that you can really do anything with creations this year with the lack of any entrances other than those for the wrestlers already in the game, but 2K is essentially taking away any longevity in gameplay by making the moves that they did. The Tag Team entrance selections are limited to 5 or 6 entrances (Wyatt Family, Usos, Brotherhood, Brothers of Destruction, Fan Favorite Duo, Heel Duo...and I think that's it).

I really hope the current generation game doesn't suffer from the same lack of selection as the last generation does.

If you intend to pick up this for last generation, but aware you're basically getting WWE 2K14.1 with a slightly updated roster but lack of depth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 09:31 PM   #12
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
I don't think it's that so much. You just don't expect them to strip out game modes. If you're gonna half *** it like this, why even release it for last gen systems?
good point for those whos primary system is 360 and/or PS3 got the shaft no doubt about it, i am excited for PS4
Old 10-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I figured last gen would just be like wwe2k14 with updated rosters but the thing I don't like is them removing modes. Some things I'm hearing about 2k15 I don't like but I'm still excited for 2k15 on next gen consoles.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:43 AM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
They don't need to justify it. No one made anyone go buy the game.
Your right but you really had to hunt down info and there wasn't any available up until 2 days before release. Ea outdid 2k with last gen releases which is saying something.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:39 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

The IGN review is interesting

"The 2K Showcase mode is the biggest chunk of new content in 2K15, and while it isn't quite the nostalgia farm that 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania was, it does provide a mostly comprehensive look at two major feuds; the Triple H-Shawn Michaels rivalry that ran from 2002 to 2004, and the CM Punk-John Cena feud that kicked off the modern "Reality Era" in 2011. There's a handful of throwaway DQ and no-contest finishes from Raw and Smackdown that probably didn't need to be included though, and the complete lack of WrestleMania bouts like Punk vs Undertaker, or Triple H vs Booker T is sad. Still, Showcase ultimately lands a little closer to the "every match matters" feel of last year's 30 Years of WrestleMania than the slew of forgettable recreations peppered throughout WWE '13's Attitude Era mode."

How can you complain that it's missing matches such as Undertaker/Punk when the rivalry is Punk/Cena that was two years before? No Triple H/Booker T? What does that have to do with his rivalry with HBK?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 05:25 AM   #16
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
The IGN review is interesting

"The 2K Showcase mode is the biggest chunk of new content in 2K15, and while it isn't quite the nostalgia farm that 2K14's 30 Years of WrestleMania was, it does provide a mostly comprehensive look at two major feuds; the Triple H-Shawn Michaels rivalry that ran from 2002 to 2004, and the CM Punk-John Cena feud that kicked off the modern "Reality Era" in 2011. There's a handful of throwaway DQ and no-contest finishes from Raw and Smackdown that probably didn't need to be included though, and the complete lack of WrestleMania bouts like Punk vs Undertaker, or Triple H vs Booker T is sad. Still, Showcase ultimately lands a little closer to the "every match matters" feel of last year's 30 Years of WrestleMania than the slew of forgettable recreations peppered throughout WWE '13's Attitude Era mode."

How can you complain that it's missing matches such as Undertaker/Punk when the rivalry is Punk/Cena that was two years before? No Triple H/Booker T? What does that have to do with his rivalry with HBK?
I guess his point is that these matches happened during the time frame and they should be in the mode which is dumb. Taker/Punk happened after the Cena/Punk feud concluded in February of 2013. HHH/Booker did happen in the middle of the Shawn/HHH feud but as you said it has nothing to do with the feud at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »