Home

WWE 2K15 Roster

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 Roster within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #9
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WWE 2K15 Roster

Updating Rollins and Ambrose should be a priority. They are main event talent now. Plus, the changes aren't huge so they can do it.

It would be a great gesture from 2k if they made that happen. Otherwise we'll have Shield attires and music this time next year, nearly 18 months after they broke up.

A Korporate Kane would be fairly straightforward too surely?
Old 11-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
A Korporate Kane would be fairly straightforward too surely?
You can make a fairly accurate Corporate Kane through the Superstar Heads feature in CAW.

I do agree that they should have offered a "2015 Roster Update" DLC pack with Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns/Stardust DLC with updated attires, entrances and music. I honestly would have preferred that over the WCW pack with the content it has. And I wouldn't mind paying the 7.99 or however much extra for it, either.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
All Star

Sick of getting ripped off?? This is only there second year with the Franchise and really it's only their first full year with the game. Factor in that it's the first year on a new generation of consoles, a time when sports games are notoriously gimped.

So no I'm not sick and tired of something they don't even have a reputation for doing :-|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Technically you've never been ripped off by 2k because this is their first year using a team almost entirely made up of their own people, outside of Yukes. WWE 2k14 was a THQ game with the 2k label on it (2k was forced to hire the THQ team out of necessity to get the game published whenever the WWE wanted the game published).

As others have stated, there's a roster cut-off date and it's usually around Wrestlemania.

Would it be nice if they gave us a free roster update? Sure. But they don't have to give us any new characters period.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 11-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
All Star

Give the fact that they finally gave us a career mode, retooled the engine and finally gave us NXT guys...I'm pretty pleased with 2K so far.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I would imagine it would be much more costly to have a roster update. With most sports games it just a model you have to add and generic faces aren't nearly as a big deal. With WWE you have to add the model who will need to be scanned and also mocap moves and entrances. I would pay for roster updates of guys that aren't slated as dlc but it's not a big deal.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
All Star

Also have to remember that a large chunk of the team has probably already moved on the working on 2k16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #16
Rookie

Seanzie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
You can make a fairly accurate Corporate Kane through the Superstar Heads feature in CAW.

I do agree that they should have offered a "2015 Roster Update" DLC pack with Rollins/Ambrose/Reigns/Stardust DLC with updated attires, entrances and music. I honestly would have preferred that over the WCW pack with the content it has. And I wouldn't mind paying the 7.99 or however much extra for it, either.
Love the Rafi avatar, butttttttttttt...

What you're saying is basically what these video companies who do "DAY 1 DLC LOLZ" want to hear. An extra $8 (more than 10% of what you pay for the game) for characters that absolutely SHOULD be in the game? It's such a horrible business practice and sleezy way of making money that I cannot believe it hasn't been outlawed. If you have it ready for Day 1, or it takes you half an hour to slap a couple colors on a preexisting model, put it in the game.

DLC should add a substantial amount of content to the game. If they put out a WCW pack for $9.99, give me 20 wrestlers and four or five WCW arenas, I'd love it and buy it happily. That seems reasonable to me. But to sell me five wrestlers, half of whom don't move the needle for anyone, at almost that same price just seems insulting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »