Home

Your MYCareer Wrestler

This is a discussion on Your MYCareer Wrestler within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #217
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your MYCareer Wrestler

I got this game a few weeks ago, and I'm currently the Intercontinental Champion and on Smackdown. What I find most frustrating so far is that there are small glimmers of hope in-between the terrible crap. The in-ring action is pretty engaging (at least to someone that's not a regular to the series, like me), but the mode so poorly designed that it becomes pointless.

I'll illustrate with an example. I had a pretty epic pair of matches last night, mostly by chance. My character defended his Intercontinental Championship against Chris Jericho on Smackdown and lost in an epic, five-star match. Then, the following week on Smackdown, he got his redemption by beating Jericho in a five-star rematch. The game made no notice of these events in any way, other than the usual text box from Vickie Guerrero offering a choice of matches. This would seem to be the makings of a big event in my superstar's career, but that game treats it as if it isn't.
Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #218
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
I got this game a few weeks ago, and I'm currently the Intercontinental Champion and on Smackdown. What I find most frustrating so far is that there are small glimmers of hope in-between the terrible crap. The in-ring action is pretty engaging (at least to someone that's not a regular to the series, like me), but the mode so poorly designed that it becomes pointless.

I'll illustrate with an example. I had a pretty epic pair of matches last night, mostly by chance. My character defended his Intercontinental Championship against Chris Jericho on Smackdown and lost in an epic, five-star match. Then, the following week on Smackdown, he got his redemption by beating Jericho in a five-star rematch. The game made no notice of these events in any way, other than the usual text box from Vickie Guerrero offering a choice of matches. This would seem to be the makings of a big event in my superstar's career, but that game treats it as if it isn't.
Dang, I'm impressed that you got the IC title. I went from NXT Champ (didn't defend it one week and got stripped super pissed about that) to year three as World Heavyweight Champ. No Us title or IC title shots just straight to the top) That frustrates me, I want a more starting from the bottom. In three or four years I've only been to 3 PPVs...so annoying. I'm hoping this was just the coding edition and the next WWE2K has a more solid Career mode.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #219
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Man, the Smackdown section of MyCareer is TEDIOUS AS HELL. I've been there for hours, and it's STILL only halfway to Raw. As JR would say, BAH GAWD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blud84
Dang, I'm impressed that you got the IC title. I went from NXT Champ (didn't defend it one week and got stripped super pissed about that) to year three as World Heavyweight Champ. No Us title or IC title shots just straight to the top) That frustrates me, I want a more starting from the bottom. In three or four years I've only been to 3 PPVs...so annoying. I'm hoping this was just the coding edition and the next WWE2K has a more solid Career mode.
I lost the title a couple of weeks later to Rusev (seriously, for a guy rated "only" 87 overall, Rusev may be the toughest dude in the game to beat) with no chance for a rematch, so it looks like it's gone for good. The scripted elements started kicking in immediately after, though, so I'm curious if there is some of the patented 2K cheat scripting at work here.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #220
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blud84
Same thing here, shot straight to the top. Didn't get to do the Royal Rumble, didn't get a chance to do some sort of tag team gimmick. Super generic and the "feuds" I did have were pretty much identical.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:36 AM   #221
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

The deeper I get into MyCareer, the more irrational and bizarre it becomes. I'll tell my story here because I want to know if it went down the same way for anybody else.

I'm slowly approaching the end of my wrestler's run on Smackdown, and I had my choice of three PPVs again. This time, I got to choose between all of them aside from Wrestlemania and Money in the Bank, so I picked the obvious choices -- SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and the Royal Rumble.

After a few matches, a feud kicked in with Randy Orton, who had the titles. My superstar (Patrick "The Phenom" Page) got a shot at his titles (or so I thought ... more on this later) with a Last Man Standing match at SummerSlam. After a couple of random matches on Smackdown, the time arrived.

Right off the bat, something was odd -- even though Orton had both the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship (and entered the ring with both of them), the match was only for the World Heavyweight Title. Whatever. A title shot is a title shot! Orton fought like a beast and managed to survive one of The Phenom's finishers AND being put through the announce table, but The Phenom wore him down and won the title with a running knee to the chin.

When I got back to the MyCareer menu, I learn that John Cena (OF COURSE) won the WWE Championship from Orton. WAIT, WHAT?! Apparently, in the logic of the game, Orton fought two separate title matches at SummerSlam (despite the titles being permanently unified, or so I thought), and the first one was a friggin' Last Man Standing. That's completely insane.

But the insanity is just beginning. With the World Heavyweight Championship title in-hand, I'm assuming that The Phenom will be heading to Raw and has punched his ticket to appearing on all the Pay-Per-Views. NOPE! The game simply returned him to his pre-title status quo. This means that The Phenom has to defend his World Heavyweight Championship ... weekly ... ON SMACKDOWN.

Now, I haven't following wrestling much since the Ruthless Aggression Era, though I've definitely been getting back into it in the last few months. Still, I think I know enough to assume that weekly defenses of the World Heavyweight Title on the B-show would never happen, right? That seems like something that should be reserved for the PPVs -- and the game previously treated them that way, judging by the updates in the MyCareer menu. Making my character defend the title every week on Smackdown seems ludicrously unrealistic.

Oh well. Hopefully, The Phenom will be on Raw soon so the rest of the story can kick in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #222
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Wow.

My superstar's career ended very abruptly, without warning, and possibly as the result of a series of broken game logic/glitches.

After a few matches on Raw, I was given my choice of PPVs again. I chose SummerSlam, The Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania (which I could choose for the first time). Arbitrarily -- in the middle of a forced "defend your title belt weekly" storyline, my wrestler (Patrick "The Phenom" Page) was stripped of his title after the third week because he had defended it ten times. The game didn't seem to even agree with itself because the following week, The Phenom still had to defend the stripped title. I even got the bonus VC after winning.

After a small handful of matches, The Phenom was put into a feud with Brock Lesnar leading up to SummerSlam, with the usual trappings. I get to SummerSlam and beat Brock ... only to discover that it was a WWE Championship title match, which had never previously been mentioned. The best part: Brock didn't even have the title! What kind of wacky bovine feces is that?!

So that was that. The Phenom was forced into the retirement match, MyCareer over. I spent, at most, 25% of the time on Raw that I spent on Smackdown. The Phenom never had a match at Wrestlemania (until the retirement match), Money in the Bank, Elimination Chamber, Extreme Rules, or TLC. I never encountered the storyline with The Authority.

They need to dramatically overhaul MyCareer for 2K16, or else they should scrap it entirely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »