Home

Your MYCareer Wrestler

This is a discussion on Your MYCareer Wrestler within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Your MYCareer Wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRenaissance
When are you eligible to jump to another person's MyCareer? Do you have to make the main roster, or do you have to make it up to Raw? I'm still on Superstars. I feel like I'm not advancing as fast as others, but I've also lost about half of my matches.
You actually don't do it. A computer controlled copy of your wrestler simply appears in someone's game.

So far in my career I am a bit underwhelmed. Still on NXT and just lost my first match. It was my second title defense against the Canadian. He hit me with a unexpected hurricanrana pin. I get a rematch next week. Looks like we have a mini rivalry.

The mode is disappointing so far because it has no life to it. More cutscenes would be nice. The only one I saw was nothing but my guy walking backstage.

It would be nice if instead of pop up text boxes we actually saw scenes with our guy interacting with Regal and the other guy.

(I haven't watched wrestling in over ten years. Can you tell? )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You actually don't do it. A computer controlled copy of your wrestler simply appears in someone's game.

So far in my career I am a bit underwhelmed. Still on NXT and just lost my first match. It was my second title defense against the Canadian. He hit me with a unexpected hurricanrana pin. I get a rematch next week. Looks like we have a mini rivalry.

The mode is disappointing so far because it has no life to it. More cutscenes would be nice. The only one I saw was nothing but my guy walking backstage.

It would be nice if instead of pop up text boxes we actually saw scenes with our guy interacting with Regal and the other guy.

(I haven't watched wrestling in over ten years. Can you tell? )
No spoilers but the cut scenes pick up when you make it to Smackdown & Raw.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 1

Any way to increase the difficulty for this mode? I changed it outside of the mode to hard but in my career it stays on normal.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
No spoilers but the cut scenes pick up when you make it to Smackdown & Raw.
That is what I heard.
But I have also heard that it is still not enough. But even if it is I think it is a poor design decision.
I am on superstars and in year 2 and no cutscenes at all.

Another criticism I have (that I hope I am wrong) is how the mode apparently handles managers. I don't want to save sp to hire a manager of my choice; I want managers to be acquired via story arcs. Maybe that possibility exists. Does it?

Most of my complaints are due to the old HCTP. That is my personal favorite wrestling game and the story mode to this day so far puts mycareer to shame.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #69
Rookie

PAPA GLIDDS's Arena

OVR: 0

I have my guy as a good ol' hoss type from the south. Named him "big" grizzly Adams. Big 6'6" 260 lbs brawler. Have him camp trunks and green army colored boots with the usa flag. Big beard and long hair.

If there was a create a story I'd develop him into taking down rusev and other nuisances that are heel and eventually turn heel himself after he became too much of a face.

Really wish custom stories were available but what can you do. I really think the series is going to move into the right direction going forward.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #70
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

I've been playing MyCareer a bit but am planning on restarting tomorrow night with my main guy. Keep his look the same but I want to start over now that I have gotten the hang of things a bit.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 11-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #71
All Star

Bard's Arena

Just vacated the NXT title because I think at this point I am done with NXT and have conquered it, 7 straight title defenses after capturing it, lost it from a dumb finish just to win it back a week later in a squash match against Dallas. Got a tiny bit of welcome to no more NXT and got demolished by Big E...and now I have strung up three straight wins and could get on a PPV if I get this next big win and the guy i'm facing is none other than Mark Henry...sigh...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #72
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Just vacated the NXT title because I think at this point I am done with NXT and have conquered it, 7 straight title defenses after capturing it, lost it from a dumb finish just to win it back a week later in a squash match against Dallas. Got a tiny bit of welcome to no more NXT and got demolished by Big E...and now I have strung up three straight wins and could get on a PPV if I get this next big win and the guy i'm facing is none other than Mark Henry...sigh...
Very nice, I couldnt win my first match, need more practice. Cant reverse a damn thing. Need to do my attributes differently to start.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »