Home

Xbox One Deluxe Digital Pre-Order Content Issue

This is a discussion on Xbox One Deluxe Digital Pre-Order Content Issue within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

OVR: 2
Xbox One Deluxe Digital Pre-Order Content Issue

So I am currently overloading 2K Support with information on the issue many gamers are facing with the pre-order Sting and Hogan not being available to Xbox One users that went the deluxe digital route. I made this thread as a reference of sort, and will continue to update it as I get more information from 2K regarding the issue.

Hopefully some can use this as a reference to help them resolve the issue as soon as possible:

• almostbobsaget The Xbox One Digital Deluxe Preorders were not showing up in game, so I tried to uninstall and reinstall them and now I cannot re download or reinstall both the Hogan and Sting packs.
    When I preloaded the game and started it up for the first time, neither packs were available at the character select screen. I then went into games/apps on my Xbox One and selected uninstall for both packs. After both successfully uninstalled, there is no longer an option to redownload/reinstall anywhere on my Xbox One or on the Xbox website.

• Alysha H. Hello almostbobsageti,
    Thank you for contacting 2K Support!
    I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your pre orders! Let's try a few things to see if we can get them back.
    First, let's clear your Xbox One cache. To do this, please hold your finger over the power button for ten seconds until the console shuts off. Unplug your console for two minutes. Plug the console back in, and wait for the light to turn orange on the power bar before turning the console back on.
    Next, I want you to go to My Games and Apps > Games then hover over WWE 2K15 and select Manage Game. From there, I want you to scroll over to far right where it says add ons. Select this screen and it should show you all the available add ons for the game.
    If they aren't there, if you pre ordered the game you should have gotten codes for your pre order bonuses. Have you entered this code already?
    Kind regards,
    Alysha H.
    2K Support

almostbobsaget
  • I tried the steps outlined above and the pre-order DLC was not listed on the Manage Game screen -only the accelerator was listed (see screen shot).
    I did not purchase the game in a store, rather I pre-ordered it via the Xbox Live marketplace on 11/07/2014 (see screenshot). Because of that, I never received any codes to enter to retrieve the pre order bonuses. When the game preloaded/predownloaded onto my console, the two pre-order bonuses did as well. When I tried to access the content in game, it was not available so I tried to redownload it on the manage game screen you mentioned in your response. I was unable to redownload the two files, so I tried uninstalling them to attempt to re-download them that way.
    When I did this, the two pre-order bonuses were no longer listed in the manage game screen and when I came across them on the marketplace again, there was no option to download and instead showed a 12/16/14 release date. (see attached image)
    I have attached images of the manage game screen, my pre-order confirmation email from Microsoft, a screenshot of the my purchase history showing the pre-order digital deluxe edition as being purchased on 11/07/14, and screenshots of the pre-order content as I am seeing it on the Xbox Live marketplace.
    Just to reconfirm, I never received any pre-order codes when I pre-ordered the game from the Xbox Live marketplace. I am assuming this is because it automatically downloaded the two pre-order bonus contents upon purchase, but as I mentioned above they never fully installed on my console and I am not unable to access them to try and redownload them as the screenshots show.
    I feel the easiest fix would be to just issue codes for each bonus out, but I am not sure if this is very conventional based on the sheer amount of users that pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition on Xbox Live Marketplace having this same problem.

• almostbobsaget Also, here's a screenshot detailing the content that comes with the version of the game I purchased from http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/artic...5-s-Pre-Orders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #2
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

Re: Xbox One Deluxe Digital Pre-Order Content Issue

So there's a slight workaround to get Sting if you are getting the installation stopped error:

***If you uninstalled the Hogan and Sting pack and are unable to redownload them, follow these steps to get them back:
1. Go offline (Settings-Network-Go Offline)
2. Change your location to United Kingdom (Settings-System-Language/Location)
3. Hold the power button on the Xbox One for ten seconds to reboot your console.
4. Once loaded, connect back to the internet.
5. Once connected, go to Games/Apps and find WWE 2K15.
6. At the far right, you should see the Sting and Hogan preorder packs available to download again.

***They will most likely say Installation Stopped once they get to 100% download, this is the issue 2K/Microsoft is having at the moment.***

Note: This is ONLY for those that purchased the Digital Deluxe Preorder from what I have tested.

Once you have the packs redownloaded and in the Installation Stopped state, follow these directions:
1. Go offline again.
2. Change your location back to your actual location.
3. Hold power for 10 seconds to reboot. Disconnect power from Xbox for 2 minutes.
4. Turn Xbox back on.
5. Go to Settings-System-Date/Time and change the year to 2015.
6. Restart the console again.
NOTE - DO NOT CONNECT BACK TO THE INTERNET YET!
7. Go to Games/Apps and find WWE 2K15 and try an install of the Sting Pack. You will still get the error.
8. Connect back to the internet, and IMMEDIATELY go back to the Games/Apps WWE 2K15 screen and select "Try Installing Again" for the Sting pack. It should install correctly.

I am not sure if you have to follow these steps exactly how I did, but my thought was I could "trick" the system into thinking it was past the release date of the 12/16/14 shown on the Packs on the marketplace. There is a slight delay in the date/time updating once connected to the internet. I cannot confirm that this caused the Sting pack to download, so you might simple be able to just go through all these steps minus changing the date to 2015, but that's what I did to get it to work.

I now have Sting playable in the game.

Hogan is still not working. I have tried this method a few times for the Hogan pack and still get the Installation Stopped error.

Just FYI for those on Xbox One.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

So if I got the Delux version I need to uninstall the Sting and Hogan or don't do that thanks
Old 11-18-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

If you already have them under Games/App-Manage Game-WWE 2K15 and they are just stuck on the installation stopped error, I would suggest just following the second, non-bold portion of the steps. If it doesn't work, you can try to uninstall the packs and follow the full steps to see if that solves it.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the help I'll try that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

My Hogan pack never came back

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 11-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #7
2014 Dodgeball Champion.

almostbobsaget's Arena

When you changed your location, you might have to go into the Games store and select the digital deluxe preorder and access it through there.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

I have Hogan and Sting in the main screen under downloaded superstars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »