Home

Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going?

This is a discussion on Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2014, 10:56 AM   #49
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Long Read ahead:
First time with universe mode and I am making it up as I go along.

90% of the time I only watch matches and let them unfold.
Good read. Most of the time I also watch the matches unless I have a storyline in mind. I also use my imagination to make up for the lack of some storylines.

I finished Backlash last night, and it was a much better PPV than Bad Blood.

To open the show, former Intercontinental Champion Booker T faced Alberto Del Rio and Kane in a triple threat match. The winner would earn an Intercontinental Championship match. Kane emerged victorious, choking Booker T out to win the match.

The makeshift team of Cesaro and Damien Sandow defended their Tag Team Championship against Los Matadores. In a great back and forth match, Sandow got the pinfall, allowing his team to retain.

Dust Bros (Stardust and Goldust) challenged Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to a match. The match was made a no-DQ contest. Roman Reigns was setting up for a spear on Goldust when ,shockingly, Seth Rollins entered the ring and delivered several sickening chair-shots to his partner. Rollins hit the Curb Stomp on Reigns and walked out, allowing Stardust to eventually pin Reigns.

Tyson Kidd and Jack Swagger put on a great match. Kidd has attacked Swagger several times these past few weeks, making this one personal. Thos was a fantastic match. Kidd looked poised to win, but Swagger countered the Code Blue into a Gutwrench Powerbomb to win. (I was playing as Kidd and really wanted to win here, but I'm playing on legend, and Swagger just would not stay down. I have a way, in my imagination, of how I'll continue the feud.

Shawn Michaels defeated Steve Austin in a #1 contender match for the WWE Championship.

Dolph Ziggler retained his Intercontinental Championship against his rival, the Miz, in a good back and forth contest.

The main event saw WWE Champion Triple H defend against King of the Ring winner Ultimate Warrior. Triple H won the title at Bad Blood by beating Randy Orton with a roll-up. Randy Orton has attacked Triple H several times, making the champion's life hell. I hoped this one would be a better match and it really was. The two threw everything they had at each other. Warrior kicked out of a Pedigree, Triple H kicked out of the Warrior Splash. The end came when the referee was knocked down and Randy Orton charged the ring. Orton looked like he was going to destroy Triple H, but he turned his attentions on the Warrior, dropping the Warrior with an RKO on a steel chair. Batista ran to the ring, and attacked the Warrior, giving him a Batista Bomb on the floor outside. Triple H pinned the unconscious Warrior, retaining his championship. Evolution has reformed.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 11-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Well I made a boo-boo.

Money in the Bank ppv had some guys in the main event that did not belong (looking at you Cody Rhodes) so I changed some of the participants.

Apparently this had the effect of making it no longer the money in the bank match. Oops.

I decided to replace Summerslam with a second MitB match. Hopefully this time the competitors make sense
Old 11-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #51
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

OVR: 0

Decided to do a Universe Mode series on youtube, and just posted my first video today. Thought some people here may be interested in watching. Feedback is appreciated

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Just witnessed an awesome AI vs AI ppv match between Orton and Cena.
Orton was in complete control at the start. After hitting that nasty DDT it started to go back and forth until Cena eventually got the upper hand. He hit Orton with his neckbreaker and soon followed that with a 5 knuckle shuffle. Orton kicked out after a quick 2 count and Cena continued to have the advantage though in the middle there was a surprise RKO.

Eventually Orton turned it around (not before getting hit with a AA) and started to gain the advantage and eventually hitting another RKO. Cena kicked out after about 2 and a half which kinda surprised me because the match had been going on for some time.

Almost immediately after Cena triggered a comeback sequence that returned advantage to him. He hit the neckbreaker again and went for the pin and Orton kicked out at the last second. Definitely not expecting that. A few moments later Cena hit the PG-ruins-WWE slam, oh I'm sorry the "attitude adjustment."

I pick up my controller because this was the second AA Cena hit plus the sigs and everything else. Surely the match is over. Nope, Orton kicks out at 2.99. Funny thing was that I heard the ref say "three" but his hand never touched. Very close call.

Cena continues the beat down for a few more minutes (getting another near fall in the process) before Orton's comeback sequence and that sequence was wow. He did the sequence, stomped the hell out of Cena, suplexed him and then did his rope DDT. Went for the pin...2.9. Cena gets up and tries a move...counter RKO. Orton crawls for the pin...2.9 lol.

I was amazed but figured Orton had the match. Then Cena landed a AA out of nowhere(he appeared to counter a move to do it) and went for the pin. That was finally enough for the 3 count.

By far the best match the AI put on, and not counting ladder matches and battle royals, was easily the longest. Both guys landed multiple finishers (3 each I think). The funny thing was that it was an extreme rules match, yet no weapons were used at all. At one point Orton went under the ring for one but Cena stopped him.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:57 PM   #53
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Just witnessed an awesome AI vs AI ppv match between Orton and Cena.
Orton was in complete control at the start. After hitting that nasty DDT it started to go back and forth until Cena eventually got the upper hand. He hit Orton with his neckbreaker and soon followed that with a 5 knuckle shuffle. Orton kicked out after a quick 2 count and Cena continued to have the advantage though in the middle there was a surprise RKO.

Eventually Orton turned it around (not before getting hit with a AA) and started to gain the advantage and eventually hitting another RKO. Cena kicked out after about 2 and a half which kinda surprised me because the match had been going on for some time.

Almost immediately after Cena triggered a comeback sequence that returned advantage to him. He hit the neckbreaker again and went for the pin and Orton kicked out at the last second. Definitely not expecting that. A few moments later Cena hit the PG-ruins-WWE slam, oh I'm sorry the "attitude adjustment."

I pick up my controller because this was the second AA Cena hit plus the sigs and everything else. Surely the match is over. Nope, Orton kicks out at 2.99. Funny thing was that I heard the ref say "three" but his hand never touched. Very close call.

Cena continues the beat down for a few more minutes (getting another near fall in the process) before Orton's comeback sequence and that sequence was wow. He did the sequence, stomped the hell out of Cena, suplexed him and then did his rope DDT. Went for the pin...2.9. Cena gets up and tries a move...counter RKO. Orton crawls for the pin...2.9 lol.

I was amazed but figured Orton had the match. Then Cena landed a AA out of nowhere(he appeared to counter a move to do it) and went for the pin. That was finally enough for the 3 count.

By far the best match the AI put on, and not counting ladder matches and battle royals, was easily the longest. Both guys landed multiple finishers (3 each I think). The funny thing was that it was an extreme rules match, yet no weapons were used at all. At one point Orton went under the ring for one but Cena stopped him.
That match sounded amazing. All I do is cpu v cpu, could you post your settings?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
That match sounded amazing. All I do is cpu v cpu, could you post your settings?
Everything is default.

This was not a normal match which is why I felt like sharing it. I wish more ppv matches were like this, but they are not. Matter of fact the main event of that ppv had Undertaker bury CM Punk like it was a dark match.

I considered adjusting sliders to make matches last longer and see more drama but it applies to every match and I don't need to see midcard matches on RAW drag on; I really wish we could have different settings for PPV and weekly shows. For big time ppv and rivals I may adjust settings and afterwards reset them.

But after spending time in the mode the biggest thing I think to pay attention to is momentum (superstar momentum, not match). That is a game changer. Bad things happen if one guy has a lot of momentum and the other does not. In the aforementioned Taker match he had full momentum while Punk had less than half. So Taker is a 100 ovr while Punk was 90. That will not lead to a good match. I have the same problem with Smackdown champ Jericho. After winning MitB his momentum shot up and he is now a 99. So I can't just throw a challenger at him without giving him a strong push.

When both guys have good momentum they tend to put on a good match.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 AM   #55
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Everything is default.

This was not a normal match which is why I felt like sharing it. I wish more ppv matches were like this, but they are not. Matter of fact the main event of that ppv had Undertaker bury CM Punk like it was a dark match.

I considered adjusting sliders to make matches last longer and see more drama but it applies to every match and I don't need to see midcard matches on RAW drag on; I really wish we could have different settings for PPV and weekly shows. For big time ppv and rivals I may adjust settings and afterwards reset them.

But after spending time in the mode the biggest thing I think to pay attention to is momentum (superstar momentum, not match). That is a game changer. Bad things happen if one guy has a lot of momentum and the other does not. In the aforementioned Taker match he had full momentum while Punk had less than half. So Taker is a 100 ovr while Punk was 90. That will not lead to a good match. I have the same problem with Smackdown champ Jericho. After winning MitB his momentum shot up and he is now a 99. So I can't just throw a challenger at him without giving him a strong push.

When both guys have good momentum they tend to put on a good match.
Good info! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 01:48 AM   #56
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Just had a great match between Cesaro and Adrian Neville on my Smackdown which Cesaro won with the Neutralizer.

Quick question. Am I the only one who just lets the game dictate what feuds and rivalries occur in Universe Mode or does everyone actually book proper things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »