Home

Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going?

This is a discussion on Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2014, 02:13 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official WWE 2K15 How's Your Universe Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Just had a great match between Cesaro and Adrian Neville on my Smackdown which Cesaro won with the Neutralizer.

Quick question. Am I the only one who just lets the game dictate what feuds and rivalries occur in Universe Mode or does everyone actually book proper things.
I personally book about 75% of the rivalries. The closer it gets to WM the more I micromanage.

My own question:
Are all the historic and secret rivalries only 4 weeks? If so this really sucks. For most of my first year I was building towards an epic Cena vs Punk angle and when I finally get everything lined up as scheduled January 1st I see that the rivalry only lasts 4 weeks. I was hoping for a 3 month thing culminating in a WM showdown.
I unlocked the Taker/Cena what if and apparently this also only lasts 4 weeks. Major letdown
Old 11-28-2014, 02:24 AM   #58
Pro

Wahooworld15's Arena

OVR: 11

I did my own draft amor Raw and Smackdown. Last year I had 4 major shows but the limit on CAWs makes it impossible this year, not to mention I can't create arenas.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049811572
Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #59
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I personally book about 75% of the rivalries. The closer it gets to WM the more I micromanage.

My own question:
Are all the historic and secret rivalries only 4 weeks? If so this really sucks. For most of my first year I was building towards an epic Cena vs Punk angle and when I finally get everything lined up as scheduled January 1st I see that the rivalry only lasts 4 weeks. I was hoping for a 3 month thing culminating in a WM showdown.
I unlocked the Taker/Cena what if and apparently this also only lasts 4 weeks. Major letdown
I guess the extent to my managing is putting wrestlers in one division so guys are in the proper title class and so someone like R-Truth isn't competing for the World Title. But I always find I struggle in what to book for feuds which I why I have always been crap at fantasy booking.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
I guess the extent to my managing is putting wrestlers in one division so guys are in the proper title class and so someone like R-Truth isn't competing for the World Title. But I always find I struggle in what to book for feuds which I why I have always been crap at fantasy booking.
Within the universe go to edit superstar and you can exclude guys from titles. I exclude main event caliber guys from the IC belt and midcard guys from the HW belts. I also exclude tag team exclusive guys like the Usos from all singles titles because if the tag team gains momentum then they both move up in the singles ranking.

Booking is a fun challenge. To me it is half the fun of the mode. It is almost like a basketball coach having to manage playtime. A good example is Daniel Bryan. I started him in RAW as a face but I also had Taker and Cena on RAW so he was getting little action. So I had to move him to Smackdown to give him action.

Managing the midcard is probably the toughest though. I only run two shows with separate rosters so that makes things very difficult. Each show has 34 guys.

But once you make a roster with a good balance of heels and faces at each level of competition it gets pretty easy. The first few months are the hardest but once you go through some stories your options open up.

Dolph Ziggler has been killing it as IC champ so I may need to consider giving him a main event push. But that would create a cascade effect. I would have a overcrowded HW division and a thin midcard. Do I give a lower guy a push for the IC division, move a HW down, or start a rotation where guys spend time on the "bench?" And if I do push Ziggler how do I handle his belt? If he loses it then he loses momentum which could make his main event run a disaster. Decisions, decisions and I love it.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:13 AM   #61
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Within the universe go to edit superstar and you can exclude guys from titles. I exclude main event caliber guys from the IC belt and midcard guys from the HW belts. I also exclude tag team exclusive guys like the Usos from all singles titles because if the tag team gains momentum then they both move up in the singles ranking.

Booking is a fun challenge. To me it is half the fun of the mode. It is almost like a basketball coach having to manage playtime. A good example is Daniel Bryan. I started him in RAW as a face but I also had Taker and Cena on RAW so he was getting little action. So I had to move him to Smackdown to give him action.

Managing the midcard is probably the toughest though. I only run two shows with separate rosters so that makes things very difficult. Each show has 34 guys.

But once you make a roster with a good balance of heels and faces at each level of competition it gets pretty easy. The first few months are the hardest but once you go through some stories your options open up.

Dolph Ziggler has been killing it as IC champ so I may need to consider giving him a main event push. But that would create a cascade effect. I would have a overcrowded HW division and a thin midcard. Do I give a lower guy a push for the IC division, move a HW down, or start a rotation where guys spend time on the "bench?" And if I do push Ziggler how do I handle his belt? If he loses it then he loses momentum which could make his main event run a disaster. Decisions, decisions and I love it.
First thing I do when I start the mode is exclude guys from certain titles. I have guys I feel are World Title level competing for either World Title depending on which brand they are on. I have guys is both the IC & US title divisions and if people are in a tag team they are only in the tag division. I find Punk gets no action on RAW at all so I guess he needs a move to Smackdown which has a weaker main event scene with really only Taker,Del Rio,Big Show,Orton as legit main eventers. I already did a test one and simmed like 4 or 5 years to unlock all 860 stories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #62
MVP

SmooveMove's Arena

OVR: 4

I finally got mine up and running. Theres nothing up yet but the introduction and the fantasy draft, but thats actually pretty fun to read either way.

Here it is: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rand-wars.html
Old 11-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #63
Rookie

ItsRileyC's Arena

OVR: 0

Following Smoove's lead, I decided it was time to get my WWE 2K15 Universe Mode thread started. This year I've decided to do it the form of video updates, check it out here! http://www.operationsports.com/forum...o-dynasty.html
Old 11-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #64
All Star

Bard's Arena

Like the two above me, I have also started my Universe.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-universe.html

Starting Monday is when matches and such will begin, felt like I needed to get the write-up and rosters out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »