Home

WWE 2K15: Yes or No?

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15: Yes or No? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
WWE 2K15: Yes or No?

Should I buy WWE 2K15 for the PS4?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: WWE 2K15: Yes or No?

At this point, I wouldn't. We're a few months (4-5) from the next one, and I wasn't overly impressed with it.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Echoing 'no'.

Speaking strictly to in-ring gameplay, it's really fun. I really like the collar-elbow tie-up sequences and the stamina system adds layers to the flow of matches which weren't previously there. It's still a better head-to-head game than a single-player game, but there's some value in the Showcase and MyCareer modes to enjoy. MyCareer has a fair amount of potential to explore in future games in particular, moreso than value in the present, but again there's still stuff to enjoy in there.

However, a number of things bug me. One, the AI still needs significant work. It's been a sore spot of this series since it started, and it's unfortunate that the AI remains so poor in tag matches, or with respect to handling any non-standing finishers. Two, the load times in the creation suite are unacceptably awful. Third, the game lacks atmosphere and personality; it's bland. The commentary remains forgettable and awful despite apparently hours of new audio, and the wrestlers individually still aren't quite distinct enough, especially compared to a more traditional fighting game like Mortal Kombat X which just bleeds personality from every facet of the experience.

Finally, the game was out of date before it hits the shelves. Notably, three characters who debuted after Wrestlemania 30 and before Summerslam - Seth Rollins' "Future of WWE" gimmick, Dean Ambrose's "Lunatic Fringe" gimmick, and Stardust - are not present in the game whatsoever. You can create alternate attires, but their mannerisms and entrance assets cannot be updated and despite how 2K has promoted the game and their numerous asset additions via paid DLC, they have no intention to add these things to the game. Maybe I'm spoiled, but in a video game universe where Madden NFL can update hundreds of player faces with new face scans and NBA 2K can add new courts and other assets on the fly, I no longer find WWE 2K's lack of roster updates acceptable.

I really hope their post-release support goes beyond the perfunctory patches and paid DLC going forward.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-17-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Don't buy it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll stay away.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #6
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

If you can find it for 30$ or less and you need your wrestling fix, I would say go for it. I found the gameplay to be more enjoyable than ever, and despite the outdated roster, the game is a lot of fun with friends. I spent 30$ on it and I can't put it down.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

At this point, I wouldn't. We're a few months from the next one.lets hope to catch something interesting.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
At this point, I wouldn't. We're a few months (4-5) from the next one, and I wasn't overly impressed with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry963
At this point, I wouldn't. We're a few months from the next one.lets hope to catch something interesting.
Actually, assuming the game still releases in late October as it did the last 2 years, we're a little over 6 months away which means we are not quite halfway through the cycle.

I enjoy the game quite a bit but my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt as I'm not a wrestling fan and the last wrestling I played before this was WWF Warzone on PS1.

I got 2K15 when it was on sale because I was looking for a change of pace from my usual sports games and I remembered having good time with SNES and PS1 wrestling games back in the day. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »