Home

Just Picked Up 2K15, What DLC Do I Need?

This is a discussion on Just Picked Up 2K15, What DLC Do I Need? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Just Picked Up 2K15, What DLC Do I Need?

2K15 was on sale for $19.99, so figured at that price, I'd pick it up (PS4) and have some fun with it. Not looking to spend a ton of extra money on this game, but was curious what DLC you'd recommend me picking up? Do I need Season Pass, or should I just buy individual DLC packs, based on what I want?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Just Picked Up 2K15, What DLC Do I Need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
2K15 was on sale for $19.99, so figured at that price, I'd pick it up (PS4) and have some fun with it. Not looking to spend a ton of extra money on this game, but was curious what DLC you'd recommend me picking up? Do I need Season Pass, or should I just buy individual DLC packs, based on what I want?
It depends on what you want really as the DLCs are all very different. If you want to play all of showcases then I would say the Season Pass is the way to go. The WCW stuff doesn't look very good but if you want old school that would be where to go.

Personally with 2K16 coming out in 2 months I would have saved the $20 and put it towards that since it is going to have the biggest roster ever.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 08-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Season Pass doesn't unlock all DLC like it did previously, correct?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 08-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I believe you are right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Right because it wasn't Season pass, it was Showcase Season Pass so it unlocks the showcases.

WWLeague Season 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

So really, there isn't much of a point to the Season Pass? I can just buy the DLC I want (probably Path of the Warrior, Sting and WCW) and call it good?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 08-23-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So really, there isn't much of a point to the Season Pass? I can just buy the DLC I want (probably Path of the Warrior, Sting and WCW) and call it good?
Yeah probably. Although I don't know if I'd waste money on the WCW pack. The renders are horrid.

WWLeague Season 3
Old 08-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #8
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Of the three DLC showcases, Path of the Warrior is absolutely the best one. It's the shortest of the three, but it also unlocks the best stuff (multiple attires for a new build of Warrior, 80s Hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho King, Ravishing Rick Rude, retro Undertaker, The Triangle of Terror, the rich jerk version of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Paul Bearer, Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, The Sensational Sherri, and a bunch of retro arenas including three Wrestlemanias and three Summerslams). I consider Path of the Warrior a must-buy for 2K15.

The other two showcases (Hall of Pain and One More Match) don't have character unlocks that are as good, since they both take place in 2011 and onward and thus mostly involve wrestlers already on the roster (Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, etc.). In fact, each of the two includes its own version of Randy Orton, Mark Henry, and Sheamus, so if you get both of them, the game has a whopping total of FOUR Ortons, three Henrys, three Sheamuses, and three Del Rios. On the other hand, they include several 2011 arenas not in the base game, including 2011 Smackdown and three PPV arenas that are the only versions of those PPVs in the game (Capital Punishment, Over the Limit 2011, and Vengeance 2011). If you want to create a 2011-style Universe mode like I have, these arenas and 2011 character builds are a plus. The One More Match DLC also includes Christian and Edge, which is a big deal.

The Hogan DLC unlocks the Ruthless Aggression style Hulk (long pants, boa) and Hollywood Hogan. If Hollywood Hogan isn't a big deal to you, just get Path of the Warrior, since that includes the classic yellow briefs Hogan from the 80s.

The Sting DLC includes both Surfer Sting and Crow Sting (from 1991 and 1999, respectively). Both versions look pretty good, so it's an easy buy.

The WCW Pack is odd. It has a decent selection of wrestlers (DDP, Lex Luger, Bam Bam Bigelow, Lord Steven Regal, Fit Finlay), but for the most part, they look terrible. There's also no WCW arena included, which would've been a great addition.

The NXT Arrival Pack is even odder. It includes Adam Rose, The Ascension, Emma, and ... JBL?! Huh? The omission of people like Balor, Owens, Sasha Banks, Charlotte, etc. is a disappointment, especially since there is no way to make female wrestlers in Create-A-Superstar. With the lack of NXT wrestlers in the base game, there aren't nearly enough even with the DLC to put on an accurate NXT show in Universe Mode without extensive use of created characters, further lessening the value of it.

The Season Pass gets you the three showcases, Paige, and the accelerator that immediately unlocks all the stuff in the base game that you would ordinarily have to grind for. There's no other way to get Paige.

Overall, I would recommend just getting the Path of the Warrior Showcase and the Sting Pack. The WCW pack is badly done, but if you really want to get your hands on some of those guys, it's probably worth it to you.

Last edited by spidertour02; 08-23-2015 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »