Home

WWE 2K16 Video - The Sharpshooter

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Video - The Sharpshooter within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
WWE 2K16 Video - The Sharpshooter

The WWE 2K16 development team continue to reveal nuggets about their game. Today they show off the Sharpshooter from Bret Hart. Post your thoughts!

For more news, details and media on WWE 2K16, check out this page.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #2
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE 2K16 Video - The Sharpshooter

Couple things to take away from that clip. Both positives to me.

First Honky Tonk Man isn't wrestling in his jumpsuit. Already good news.

Then, this confirms at least a second attire for Bret Hart as that's different from the attire he was wearing in the screen shot IGN released of him.

The great news about this attire? The one in this clip is an attire that he didn't start wearing until the Hart Foundation in '97. That SHOULD be confirmation on what attire we should be getting for Bulldog and a potential Brian Pillman and possibly Owen Hart inclusion.
Old 09-09-2015, 01:20 AM   #3
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

I'll agree with King's positives and add a negative. The audio in this game is still bad. I know the Sharpshooter isn't the most exciting move, but no pop for a finisher? Maybe one of these days they'll put some resources into the audio.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

UGH, I was afraid of this before even watching the video. IRL when Bret does the sharpshooter, he puts his right hand just a little above the left knee/thigh area of the opponent and pulling it back/up, or sometimes gripping the tights or knee pad (just Google image search "bret hart sharpshooter" and you'll see). He also sits a little lower in his squat.

The hand placement here is more like Sting's when he does the Scorpion Deathlock.

It's just a minor detail, but as a Bret Hart fan it really irks me.

Last edited by rafaelpaolo84; 09-09-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
UGH, I was afraid of this before even watching the video. IRL when Bret does the sharpshooter, he puts his right hand just a little above the left knee / thigh area of the opponent, pulling it back, or sometimes gripping the tights or knee pad (just Google image search "bret hart sharpshooter" and you'll see). He also sits a little lower in his squat.

The hand placement here is more like Sting's when he does the Scorpion Deathlock.

They probably copy pasted the two moves and called them separate even though they are actually identical moves. But 2k is known for their attention to detail so who knows...

Last edited by and1product; 09-09-2015 at 10:13 AM. Reason: capital letter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Looks great so far, but I wonder if we will have a sharpshooter with both opponents standing. That'd be awesome
Old 09-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpaolo84
UGH, I was afraid of this before even watching the video. IRL when Bret does the sharpshooter, he puts his right hand just a little above the left knee/thigh area of the opponent and pulling it back/up, or sometimes gripping the tights or knee pad (just Google image search "bret hart sharpshooter" and you'll see). He also sits a little lower in his squat.

Definitely minor, but it's one of the things that bugs me too. Like the difference between Undertaker's Tombstone and Kane's Tombstone. Undertaker lifts up on his toes with the Tombstone while Kane just drops to his knees, almost jumping with it. Meanwhile in damn near every Smackdown game since they went to Smackdown vs Raw has only had Undertaker's Tombstone for the two of them.

If Owen makes it in the game, I hope they put in his Sharpshooter (which he does with his right leg as opposed to Bret stepping through with the left).
Old 09-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Really for the sane guys that all the 2k sports series.....the commentary is drab,dead and boring

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »