Home

Disappointing News on Divas in WWE 2K16

This is a discussion on Disappointing News on Divas in WWE 2K16 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K16 Divas Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscowilz
Which is really stupid IMO. If they get scanned put them in the damn game.
I think it is WWE not 2K. As I was reading in that thread that Smash posted. I think 2K was ready to put at the least Sasha and Charlotte in the game. With Sasha getting scanned earlier and Charlotte's in the earlier build. But I think for some reason, which I have no ****ing clue why, the WWE decided to tell 2K they can't put the women in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #26
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I think it is WWE not 2K. As I was reading in that thread that Smash posted. I think 2K was ready to put at the least Sasha and Charlotte in the game. With Sasha getting scanned earlier and Charlotte's in the earlier build. But I think for some reason, which I have no ****ing clue why, the WWE decided to tell 2K they can't put the women in the game.
Oh I agree and to answer your question, because the officials at WWE are stupid.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 09-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #27
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I mean, it is entirely possible that the NXT Divas were prioritized as low as possible in the content pipeline, and thus even though 2K may have the captured textures they need to put these characters in the game, those textures may not be mapped to 3D meshes, and the animations for these characters' entrances / winning poses / taunts / signature moves may not yet exist.

At the same time - regardless the explanation, the fact that four of the most admired wrestlers in the company (amongst the internet wrestling community specifically, obviously not amongst the entirety of the "WWE Universe") is entirely disappointing.

I'm not sure I agree with the "WWE holding these characters back intentionally angle", given how hard WWE has pushed the Divas Revolution the past few months. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to do something so inconsistent, but it is just that - inconsistent.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-19-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:27 AM   #28
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I mean, it is entirely possible that the NXT Divas were prioritized as low as possible in the content pipeline, and thus even though 2K may have the captured textures they need to put these characters in the game, those textures may not be mapped to 3D meshes, and the animations for these characters' entrances / winning poses / taunts / signature moves may not yet exist.

At the same time - regardless the explanation, the fact that four of the most admired wrestlers in the company (amongst the internet wrestling community specifically, obviously not amongst the entirety of the "WWE Universe") is entirely disappointing.

I'm not sure I agree with the "WWE holding these characters back intentionally angle", given how hard WWE has pushed the Divas Revolution the past few months. I certainly wouldn't put it past them to do something so inconsistent, but it is just that - inconsistent.
The "Divas Revolution" began two months ago, while the roster has been in place for much earlier than that. The WWE withholds talent from the game all the time, so them doing so to try and make money off the girls next year - yeah, it makes no sense to me either - is completely possible.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 09-19-2015, 01:30 AM   #29
Rookie

I dont really care for the Divas but i thought the 4 horsewomen ( i hate that name by the way, they need to be more original) should have been in there. Its sad cause i see the huge fan base the divas have now.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:09 AM   #30
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

And they said they will not be dlc, so that means there's no chance we will see them in the game. So it's gonna be a no buy for me. But hey at least they got Eva Marie in right and 9000 Stephanie's and Stings. Smh
Old 09-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #31
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Maybe the executive decision from WWE came from Cena.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 08:51 AM   #32
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

I applaud 2K for being forward and making a statement, i would like to know the reasoning behind it because it shouldn't have nothing to do with the timing of their appearance on NXT or RAW/SD because Corbin, Owens and Hideo have debuted within the last few months after the ladies, it might be a red herring and i am holding hope that Sasha and Charlotte make it but if not its not the end of the world

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »