Home

WWE 2K16 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Q&A Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM   #57
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WWE 2K16 Q&A Thread

In MyCareer I have Baron Corbin as my partner but over last few games it's been going down and at two blues now, Haven't had a chance to do anything to help him unless I missed something. How can you keep your partners happy if he's not in many matches or if I can't interfere in his matches to help him?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:57 PM   #58
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

What all do you spend VC on?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:04 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone know how many attires a caw can have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #60
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Last night I clicked in on right stick and with player names on, the name turned red, any idea why?

This locks your focus on that particular wrestler
https://www.facebook.com/thesportspreacher/
https://www.facebook.com/ipreachspor...PAGES_TIMELINE
Old 11-04-2015, 04:05 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Anyone figure out what the Personality Traits affect? I had a CPU vs CPU match (Triple H vs The Miz). The Miz had a large rating for "cowardly", yet I saw nothing of the sort in the match. Plus, I'm hearing that the Personality Traits can affect the kick out from pins... anyone?
The Personality Traits seem to control what your animations are pre-match and between the entrances. For example, when my character has a high Egotistical (or whatever the first heel trait is; I'm going off the top of my head), he smirks before the next person is introduced.

It also SEEMS like the early choices in MyCareer control what your interview options are later, but I haven't run through enough times to confirm this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Any tips on kicking out the pin?and any tips on the game the cpu is difficult
Take the Resiliency special ability. Do NOT use your finisher as soon as you get it, particularly if your opponent isn't on his/her final health bar. Instead, save the Finisher for a "Break Glass" moment, specifically the opponent hitting their finisher. Don't use the finisher until you are ready to finish the match (it's weird to say that, but holding back goes against "video game instincts").

One other helpful Gameplay hint: Particularly on non-Legend, this game becomes a function of Reversal management. As long as you have as many (or more) reversals than the computer and you can fairly consistently reverse (assuming you get a reversal at least once every three attempts), you can set up a highly-advantageous scenario. Here's the deal:

Immediately perform a running strike or grapple at the beginning of the match. It doesn't matter if the CPU counters or not:

If the CPU does not counter, you have initial control. Damage them until the computer reverses. You then reverse back. As long as you have an equal number of reversals, the CPU will run out before you do.

If the CPU DOES counter, immediately counter the next move. Again, as long as you have an equal number of reversals, the CPU will run out before you do.

Fun time occurs once the CPU runs out of reversals. Based on the above paradigm, you should be able to take control when it runs out. You have free reign to attack with the computer unable to defend itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdandy
Sometimes I see the AI or my character be able to reverse even though I have no reversal stock left. Under what circumstances does this happen or is it random but rare?
The ONLY time I've ever seen a reversal when one isn't there has been when spamming the same strike to a grounded opponent (i.e. the fifth stomp in a row seems to be auto-dodged).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I'm playing Mycareer and having my first match on NXT, I'm in a tag match and my meter went down from 60 to 0 while I was on the apron...why is this happening? Not happening to the opponent on the apron of the other team
You're not on the "correct" part of the apron. You must be standing on the apron and in your corner. Your momentum will slowly go up if you are standing in your corner not doing anything, and slowly go down whenever you are not... even if you are just standing on the middle part of the apron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
In MyCareer I have Baron Corbin as my partner but over last few games it's been going down and at two blues now, Haven't had a chance to do anything to help him unless I missed something. How can you keep your partners happy if he's not in many matches or if I can't interfere in his matches to help him?
I don't THINK it lowers your relationship with a potential partner when you are in the middle of a rivalry. I /BELIEVE/ it does if you in theory can do something with your partner and choose not to.

EDIT: I was wrong. Though it doesn't seem to drop you out of a tag team, the game does lower your relationship if you don't cultivate it.

So, from what I saw, at least once a month, before you start a rivalry, you second your partner for a match. That kept my tag team going for... well, longer than my attention span for keeping the team.

Last edited by JAMRenaissance; 11-05-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 02:20 AM   #62
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Is it my imagination or is there a dynamic crowd in the game?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #63
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon5 Re: WWE 2K16 Q&A Thread

If I buy the Season Pass, will those wrestlers become unlocked in the play now section such as Arn Anderson, the Old school Ric Flair, Scott Hall and Booker T?
Old 11-05-2015, 10:12 PM   #64
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

do the rankings change in universe mode or do i have to change it myself

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »