Home

WWE 2K16 MyCareer

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 MyCareer within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #41
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW
Re: WWE 2K16 MyCareer

I think I said No by mistake on the invasion when setting up my character at first. There somewhere to turn it on?

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 07:14 PM   #42
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
I think I said No by mistake on the invasion when setting up my character at first. There somewhere to turn it on?
I think it tells you that what ever your answer is it's final and can't be changed.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRenaissance
Maybe, maybe not. I opted to immediately dump the NXT Title to enter the World title hunt, and Jeff Michaels is right there on Raw with me. I'm hoping that means the Invasion character you get sticks with you through Universe and doesn't get left behind as you progress.

EDIT: And that's a great big No on starting a feud with an imported character. Jeff Michaels doesn't appear as a Rival option.
I wonder if they made it to where we could set up tag teams with imported characters.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #44
Rookie

I have rivaled Breeze, Itami, and Zayn to become the number one contender (Owens has the belt). But before I can get a rivalry started Enzo Amore ambushed me. I'm going to be so pissed if I have to slum it with him for another month before I can take my shot at the title.

Can the answers you provide during interviews impact the length or reaction of a rivlary?

Also if you add a friend after you start your career will their character become available as a wrestler?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:34 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSD
I wonder if they made it to where we could set up tag teams with imported characters.
I'm guessing not, since the imported wrestler also doesn't appear in the Allies section. Basically, you get to import a background wrestler, from what I can tell.

To be honest, it seems like it'd be easier for people to post their MyCareer characters to Community Creations and use them in Universe than it is to have them interact in MyCareer right now. Hopefully that will be addressed in a patch, but all things considered, MyCareer Invasion is a comparatively small part of things.

Of course, I may be speaking a bit too quickly. There does appear to be a few "set" feuds once you begin the World Title hunt:

Spoiler

Two other unrelated notes:

Before my save died, I did a run for a bit for the tag team titles, having gone out of my way to pursue an alliance with Rusev. The game made me feud with Curtis Axel officially, but my matches were all tag team matches against Axel/Sandow. So it appears the tag title stuff works well; I lost interest in going after the tag titles in lieu of finding out if you can export your guy after winning the World title.

Also, I went ahead and splurged for the MyCareer KickStart. It's $10 to let you put your stats up to a 90. That's it; you still have to pay for Skills, Abilities, any stats above 90, etc.. This has led to a surprisingly better gameplay experience. I felt like I was grinding to just get my stats up to a decent point previously. If we ignore attributes, you get enough SP and VC to build yourself gradually at a much nicer pace; I set him to an 83 until he graduated out of NXT, then bumped him up to a 90 once he hit the main roster. I also didn't feel as bad about starting off with "high" stats, given that Finn Balor is an 88 and Kevin Owens is a 91. Anybody else pick up the Kickstart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbraden
Can the answers you provide during interviews impact the length or reaction of a rivlary?

Also if you add a friend after you start your career will their character become available as a wrestler?
The answers seem to change your personality. The personality seems to control little aspects like the animation you have at the beginning of the match.

And no - the Invading wrestler does not become available to you. As I mentioned, it may be worth it to create an Operation Sports hashtag and post our MyCareer guys in Community Creations. The only sucky part is that it takes a WHILE to create the characters, or at least it does for me...

Last edited by JAMRenaissance; 11-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #46
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Also, I went ahead and splurged for the MyCareer KickStart. It's $10 to let you put your stats up to a 90. That's it; you still have to pay for Skills, Abilities, any stats above 90, etc.. This has led to a surprisingly better gameplay experience. I felt like I was grinding to just get my stats up to a decent point previously. If we ignore attributes, you get enough SP and VC to build yourself gradually at a much nicer pace; I set him to an 83 until he graduated out of NXT, then bumped him up to a 90 once he hit the main roster. I also didn't feel as bad about starting off with "high" stats, given that Finn Balor is an 88 and Kevin Owens is a 91. Anybody else pick up the Kickstart?
I got it, but haven't used it yet. Is it a one time deal? Haven't used it because I'm just kinda testing right now and don't want to waste it.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #47
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:

Thinking on it, I absolutely despise they made it take so long to build up your CAW worth a crap, that you have to cave and get the accelerator. I finally caved the other night and levelled my CAW to 90. Matches are so much more fun and still a challenge (I still need the VC to unlock the other bonuses)., but still, this screams “hey let’s make it next to impossible to level up in a decent amount of time so that we can choke people out of another $10!”

I’ll say that now at least it feels like you have both a chance to win and lose. It’s nowhere near as aggravating.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
I got it, but haven't used it yet. Is it a one time deal? Haven't used it because I'm just kinda testing right now and don't want to waste it.
You can turn it on and off. As I mentioned, I only increased my guy to an 83 while he was in NXT. I turned it on, increased the attributes, then turned it off.

Now, once you've committed the increase, you CAN'T go back and change it, and any additional attribute points have to be purchased notmally.

However, you can turn it on and off, and you don't have to use it all at once.

I agree with BoltThrower74; it feels like this using the KickStart is the way the system was MEANT to be balanced. It feels much, MUCH smoother to advance your guy without dealing with the attributes; it sucks that we have to pay an extra $10 to get it.

Last edited by JAMRenaissance; 11-04-2015 at 02:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »