Home

Tried my hand at roster re-rating

This is a discussion on Tried my hand at roster re-rating within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Tried my hand at roster re-rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
my thoughts exactly. the only stats i don't really bend are the ones that are universal such as speed and strength. a guy is x strong or x fast no matter where he goes where things like grappling aren't quantifiable.
Because of those speed ratings, I turned off Reversal Damage. Since doing so, I've seen more "realistic" outcomes. In one CPU vs CPU match, Brock was just about in the "red" bar fighting Santino. Brock won, but Santino delivered more strikes. Why? Because his speed allows him to strike faster, which equals more damage dealt in little time.

By taking out the reversal damage, jobbers can reverse a move, but they don't deliver damage from it. Not all reversed moves should cause damage. When you play as a manager in a CPU vs CPU match, you can see the stamina and HP damage. And when a wrestler reverses a move by only pushing the opponent, it doesn't make sense that he delivers damage.

I ran tests with this by having two upper card guys fight. Undertaker vs Brock went about 22 mins I think. And with Upper vs Lower, matches are probably under 7 mins with Upper winning.

So the speed is good, but I really think it's too high and almost unrealistic looking. Strength wise, still trying to figure that out. They say there is weight detection,but I have yet to experience it.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

The speed ratings on mine are too high? do you mean movement speed or striking speed? maybe i'll ticker with that a little bit
Old 11-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Because of those speed ratings, I turned off Reversal Damage. Since doing so, I've seen more "realistic" outcomes. In one CPU vs CPU match, Brock was just about in the "red" bar fighting Santino. Brock won, but Santino delivered more strikes. Why? Because his speed allows him to strike faster, which equals more damage dealt in little time.

By taking out the reversal damage, jobbers can reverse a move, but they don't deliver damage from it. Not all reversed moves should cause damage. When you play as a manager in a CPU vs CPU match, you can see the stamina and HP damage. And when a wrestler reverses a move by only pushing the opponent, it doesn't make sense that he delivers damage.

I ran tests with this by having two upper card guys fight. Undertaker vs Brock went about 22 mins I think. And with Upper vs Lower, matches are probably under 7 mins with Upper winning.

So the speed is good, but I really think it's too high and almost unrealistic looking. Strength wise, still trying to figure that out. They say there is weight detection,but I have yet to experience it.
I'm in the middle of tweaking things right now. Anything in yellow is stuff that I've adjusted to lower that striking speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I'm in the middle of tweaking things right now. Anything in yellow is stuff that I've adjusted to lower that striking speed.
I was referencing the default ratings. I've lowered mine slightly in the Attributes thread to get a more realistic view.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
I was referencing the default ratings. I've lowered mine slightly in the Attributes thread to get a more realistic view.
oh gotcha. i looked at mine tho and i think you're right that i still have the strike speed too high so i'm starting to tweak stuff a little more and widen the margins a little bit
Old 11-13-2015, 05:54 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
oh gotcha. i looked at mine tho and i think you're right that i still have the strike speed too high so i'm starting to tweak stuff a little more and widen the margins a little bit
My suggestion to that....only test on a few guys to start until you get ratings that work for you. That way you don't make tweaks to 30+ columns and 50 some wrestlers and realize it's not working right! My sheet in on the attribute thread if you want to use it as a base. Again...it's what you think is right to your style of play. Plenty of people on here to provide feedback!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
EA sports NHL series is pretty bad with the player separation as well. The thing I noticed with rerates, is don't be afraid to over or under exaggerate a rating. It's a videogame, so you have to compensate for that. In "real" life, Big Show could probably hurt Roman Reigns. But in ring, the CHARACTER Roman Reigns will win. So you have to rerate based on character, not person.
I get what you are saying...but in real life. Big Show gets messed up by Reigns. He would run circle around The Show. Big Show would be the Big Target with Reigns hitting him from everywhere with Show to Slow to return fire
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 07:09 PM   #16
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0

My question about these, and maybe overall is if Simon Gotch is a 40, does Universe factor in him getting better over time (if he continues to win?) Furthermore, if Gotch and English are 40/42, and they take on a non-decided tag team (two regular singles competitors,) will their tag rating help them possibly win the match? I'm assuming there's a tag attribute, but I'm guessing based off of 2k14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »