Home

Tried my hand at roster re-rating

This is a discussion on Tried my hand at roster re-rating within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Tried my hand at roster re-rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Did you use my spreadsheet as a guide for these Re-rates? Just asking since you started the Re-Rates once you asked for access to my spreadsheet. Its fine either way, just if you used my Spreadsheet, it is usually best to give credit to the Creator and then say you tweaked.
i honestly had a hard time reading yours because of the fact they were broken up so much, i've been using the personality traits just cuz i find those helpful, but the ratings are completely different. most of the ratings i base on reddits fayfabe tier lists
Old 01-28-2016, 12:59 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
i honestly had a hard time reading yours because of the fact they were broken up so much, i've been using the personality traits just cuz i find those helpful, but the ratings are completely different. most of the ratings i base on reddits fayfabe tier lists
Ok sounds good, just figured I would ask.

Just for when I make future spreadsheets for edits, How is the sheet is hard to read? I went in order and labeled each line to make it easy to navigate.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #35
Pro

Quote:
Ok sounds good, just figured I would ask.

Just for when I make future spreadsheets for edits, How is the sheet is hard to read? I went in order and labeled each line to make it easy to navigate.
just having them on three different sheets was kinda a hassle, if you can combine everything on to one sheet it'd probably be easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemulloy
just having them on three different sheets was kinda a hassle, if you can combine everything on to one sheet it'd probably be easier.
Gotcha. Yeah i thought some might have an issue with it, but you are first to mention it. I mainly did it to make it easier on my eyes while inputting values.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 01-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Gotcha. Yeah i thought some might have an issue with it, but you are first to mention it. I mainly did it to make it easier on my eyes while inputting values.
which is why i kinda bunch them the way i do, i can remember a series of 2 or 3 numbers without looking at the sheet usually so it helps.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:57 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

I might give this a try later this weekend. Really enjoyed the comparison made between WWE 2k and NBA 2k rating system. Makes totally sense.

Im thinking of imputing the ratings directly on my universe instead of MY WWE, no problem with that, right?

And I'm also interested on sliders. I've had some ideas about making the gameplay more chalenging:
- Bumping everyone reversals to 100, so everyone starts with 5
- Removing reversal damage
- I also thought about making the reversal bar slower to fill. So you always start with 5, but you've got to use them wisely to not run out of reversals

But none of my sliders combination have come to improve gameplay. Maybe with those new ratings things will look better.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidfrehley
I might give this a try later this weekend. Really enjoyed the comparison made between WWE 2k and NBA 2k rating system. Makes totally sense.

Im thinking of imputing the ratings directly on my universe instead of MY WWE, no problem with that, right?

And I'm also interested on sliders. I've had some ideas about making the gameplay more chalenging:
- Bumping everyone reversals to 100, so everyone starts with 5
- Removing reversal damage
- I also thought about making the reversal bar slower to fill. So you always start with 5, but you've got to use them wisely to not run out of reversals

But none of my sliders combination have come to improve gameplay. Maybe with those new ratings things will look better.
ya man, go for it. i dont like having that many reversals, but that's just me.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looking forward to trying your re-rates in my universe! However I'm confused as to which sheet is the best one to use? I noticed that the main difference between "POST TLC" and "NEW" is that the grapple and strike speeds of the Upper and Lower card wrestlers are widened - but reading through the thread I saw you were writing about lowering the strike/grapple speeds.

Just wanted clarification on the best sheet to use before I put the time in changing everyone! Thanks man!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »