Home

WWE 2K17: Universe Mode Info Roundtable

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17: Universe Mode Info Roundtable within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K17: Universe Mode Info Roundtable

Yesterday we learned a lot of info about what Universe Mode was bringing to WWE 2K17. New features like promos and run-ins were announced as were multiple save slots.

A few of our staff writers gathered around the OS Roundtable to talk about yesterday's announcement and what we can expect from this year's effort...

Read More - WWE 2K17: Universe Mode Info Roundtable
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I feel the same way. I'm excited for the additions but I'm remaining skeptical until I get to play it.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
I remember thinking 2K16's Universe was great, until I got 1 gameplay month in and had an episode of Smackdown where 3 different rivalries literally had the exact same cutscenes occur. Completely inexcusable and made me want to shut the game off. I have high hopes, but Universe mode has been a consistent letdown for 5 years running, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:13 PM   #4
Just started!

Does it bother anyone else that they use 3D-models instead of actual portraits/pictures of the wrestlers for the match cards?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:15 PM   #5
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
What Sanner said. Really hope 2K17 finally gets it, as it has improved each year and seems to be right on the verge of being something really great.

But I'll be waiting until at least Christmas before picking this up. I want to hear what the community says and allow 2K to get at least one or maybe two title updates in first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Banned

WWE 2K17 title belts need to show up in post match celebration when you win a non-title match, If you are the champion.

In WWE 2k16 the title belt only shows up when you successfully defend your belt or when you win it, in a TITLE MATCH. It never shows up in winning celebrations in a NON Title Match.

It should show up in Non-Title matches as well, when a Champion wins a match. This should be an easy fix, because all the 2k developers would have to do is make the Title Winning/Defending Celebration Animation show up, when a Champion wins a normal Non-Title match.

This should be fixed. It is really weird to see a champion walk in with his/her Title belt and then when the champion wins a Non-Title match, they don't carry the belt in their winning celebration.

What is the point of winning a Title if you can't show it off in your winning celebration in Non-Title Matches???
Old 09-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleynm
Does it bother anyone else that they use 3D-models instead of actual portraits/pictures of the wrestlers for the match cards?
I actually prefer the 3D models. I always hated how the created wrestler models looked next to the real photos. It was inconsistent and an eyesore IMO.

Josh I noticed the No Mercy menu style also. They also have the animated wrestler models in the main menus like in Here Comes The Pain. It adds a lot of personality to the presentation.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleynm
It bothers me. The real photos make everything seem much more authentic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »