Home

WWE 2K17 OS Community Impressions

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 OS Community Impressions within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #57
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: WWE 2K17 OS Community Impressions

Honestly one of my biggest issues is more superficial than anything, and that's how out-of-date the game feels. All these references to the authority. Can you do a split and draft in Universe mode? That's something I haven't tried, was just getting my career started.

I haven't played since 2k15 and I can tell there are a number of changes in the last two years, including the customization which really is through the roof, but I don't think this is going on my buy list right now. For one, as I said above, it feels dated. A lot of the dialogue ties into these dated themes, as well, and that just sort of kills any immersion for me. I would assume by next year these would be rectified.

The feel of the game is very similar, of course, and that's a mixture of good and bad. Don't think I like the new pin and submission system, though it's nice you can change it (I didn't know until I read through the thread).

Also I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to promos. I don't know if this is simply because my career is starting and I'm a greenhorn or what, but I'm totally lost. The whole process seems a bit wonky still. I feel like stringing together consistent dialogue doesn't make a difference and the crowd reacts at random. I know there are supposed to be four crowd types, of which I can't tell because all I have so far is a bunch of question marks, but it doesn't feel consistent enough. Maybe more practice and/or better skills would help.

I'd probably buy this if it wasn't for all the dated themes, but I think I'm going to pass for that reason. It might sound silly but it keeps breaking my immersion.

I should add, one of the other things I'd like to see is Tom Phillips and Corey Graves on NXT commentary, and of course include Graves on the RAW team. If they could get both RAW and Smackdown teams included that would be great. Hearing Lawler on there is another reason the game sounds dated. Also never been a huge Cole fan, but I get why he's there. Mauro would be a fantastic addition.

Last edited by jwilphl; 10-12-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 2

Can anyone talk to how well the online matches work this year? How's the general lag? And how's the lag in relation to the pin meter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 01:41 PM   #59
Pro Sports Handicapper

bababooey76's Arena

OVR: 14

I only do cpu vs cpu matches in Universe. There are some bugs but I am having a much more enjoyable time watching matches in 2k 17. 2k 16 was so dull for me for how I play the game that I went back to 15. Get Hogan back in the game and it will be even better. Looking forward to seeing CAWs and some custom arenas.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #60
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Here's the bug I came across where it just hung after Luger grabbed the ropes. I waited & hit buttons but it wouldn't progress out of the situation. Had to restart the match.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #61
Rookie

eremiomania's Arena

OVR: 0

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned: I like how you can pick different refs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyIce
Which sliders did you tweak to make this happen? I ask because I like to play all of my universe mode matches but I like them to end quickly, the cpu health is never low enough after one finisher to get the pin.
Funny, I haven't started my Universe mode yet, but in 90% of my exhibition matches, guys have been getting pinned after 1 finisher. This is even with momentum set to "slow". I've actually had the opposite opinion of you, as I feel like matches have been a bit too quick to end.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhthelegend
Funny, I haven't started my Universe mode yet, but in 90% of my exhibition matches, guys have been getting pinned after 1 finisher. This is even with momentum set to "slow". I've actually had the opposite opinion of you, as I feel like matches have been a bit too quick to end.
Try a fatal 4 way TLC. I just did my first and it took like 20 minutes.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:26 PM   #64
Rookie

Okay, I'm sold on this. Triple threat matches are the real deal!

I just had an epic triple threat match, Rusev (myself) vs Balor vs Cesaro. It was full of action, finishers and drama (and a few glitches and mess ups by me). What I will first point out though, which I think was awesome, was that I had a match with Balor (again, as Rusev, who is my 'universe character') on the previous RAW. It was epic, but I ended up getting disqualified because I just couldn't win (it was a botched steel chair shot if you just know, I hit the referee with it by mistake).

I did a break out and beat Balor down with a steel chair though. Without knowing, it turns out I injured his body during the match, which carried across to the PPV match. I thought it was awesome, and was hoping I could get a chance to make him tap out easier because of it.

Anyway, it didn't go to plan, and I will be posting a full match video once is has uploaded in the morning.

I'm going to have to reluctantly change the submission system to button mashing, as I just can't master the default despite enjoying the mechanics. Still yet to make anyone submit, and I probably would have won at least the singles match with Balor if I could do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »