Home

WWE 2K17 Questions Thread

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 Questions Thread within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #9
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: WWE 2K17 Questions Thread

So I did my first promo with Roman Reigns and it there was just a bunch of text that went to the next block of text when I pressed X and it just ended. I thought you could pick what you wanted to say from a choice of text. Anyone know how that's done?
Old 10-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #10
Rookie

Vizen's Arena

OVR: 6

Do managers serve a purpose in Universe Mode and can you select a manager to always come out with a certain wrestler, almost like how you set tag teams?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 01:05 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Does anyone know how to do player based in match run ins or post match run ins in Universe Mode? All it seems to be is CPU based.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 01:54 AM   #12
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
So I did my first promo with Roman Reigns and it there was just a bunch of text that went to the next block of text when I pressed X and it just ended. I thought you could pick what you wanted to say from a choice of text. Anyone know how that's done?
Really dumb question (because it's likely it just glitched), but are you sure you're not hitting X as the prompt would be coming up, and thus accidentally choosing an option? That's something you'd probably feel though. Actually, it does the whole slow-down thing as a new option approaches, so you'd definitely know. Ignore that, haha.

I only ran through a week of Universe just to check out promos, and didn't have this. I did have two solo promos that afterwards were listed in the News section as being interrupted by their rivals, which didn't happen...but that's clearly not the same issue.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:31 AM   #13
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Really dumb question (because it's likely it just glitched), but are you sure you're not hitting X as the prompt would be coming up, and thus accidentally choosing an option? That's something you'd probably feel though. Actually, it does the whole slow-down thing as a new option approaches, so you'd definitely know. Ignore that, haha.

I only ran through a week of Universe just to check out promos, and didn't have this. I did have two solo promos that afterwards were listed in the News section as being interrupted by their rivals, which didn't happen...but that's clearly not the same issue.
I realized what I did and it was super silly. I didn't select to control it manually. I didn't realize you had to move the icon to the left to select player 1 so to speak.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:39 AM   #14
Rookie

Here's a weird one...

I downloaded a Smackdown Live! arena from the Creation Center or whatever it's called and while it downloaded just fine when I play a match and go to set the arena I want it does not show up in the list of arenas I have available.

An no it's not in the Downloaded Content section of the arenas either...all that's there are the two WCW pre-order DLCs I got with the Goldberg DLC.

This is in exhibition mode as I have not started a My Career or My Universe yet.

Any clue what's up?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:05 AM   #15
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I realized what I did and it was super silly. I didn't select to control it manually. I didn't realize you had to move the icon to the left to select player 1 so to speak.
Gotcha. At least you figured it out and it was simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Cracker
Here's a weird one...

I downloaded a Smackdown Live! arena from the Creation Center or whatever it's called and while it downloaded just fine when I play a match and go to set the arena I want it does not show up in the list of arenas I have available.

An no it's not in the Downloaded Content section of the arenas either...all that's there are the two WCW pre-order DLCs I got with the Goldberg DLC.

This is in exhibition mode as I have not started a My Career or My Universe yet.

Any clue what's up?
Create a Show for Smackdown and set it to use that arena. This was a change they made last year so if you didn't play it (don't know if you did), you might not know. Arenas can't be selected as they used to be. Now you set up the Show and select the matchup graphics and backgrounds to round out the presentation. That's what this sounds like. Once you do it and see the process, it's pretty easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 03:35 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Create a Show for Smackdown and set it to use that arena. This was a change they made last year so if you didn't play it (don't know if you did), you might not know. Arenas can't be selected as they used to be. Now you set up the Show and select the matchup graphics and backgrounds to round out the presentation. That's what this sounds like. Once you do it and see the process, it's pretty easy.
So I can't just use the Smackdown Live! set in a quick exhibition match? Kinda odd if that's the case.

And no...I haven't played any of the WWE 2K games...this is my first.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »