Home

WWE 2K17 First Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on WWE 2K17 First Impressions Roundtable within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K17 First Impressions Roundtable

WWE 2K17 has been out for a couple of days now and we have some folks on staff playing the game day and night (or something like that). Our review is forthcoming this weekend, but that didn't stop a pair of our staff writers from providing a quick set of impressions after a brief time with the game. Check their thoughts out after the jump...

Read More - WWE 2K17 First Impressions Roundtable
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Interesting.. I've been holding up till I get a review from you guys.
I'm guessing around a 7.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8
Just got it today via Gamefly .. loving what I see, and I've setup MyUniverse as it is in RL with the brand extensions, downloaded a few missing NXT guys, and what not. 9/10 for me.. The only problem I have with the game is I wish customize able music was back in but that is due to PS4 not allowing this >__>
Old 10-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Rookie

mosdef328's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak10
Just got it today via Gamefly .. loving what I see, and I've setup MyUniverse as it is in RL with the brand extensions, downloaded a few missing NXT guys, and what not. 9/10 for me.. The only problem I have with the game is I wish customize able music was back in but that is due to PS4 not allowing this >__>
The Show has it...
Old 10-13-2016, 03:36 PM   #5
Banned

The biggest problem that i have with WWE 2k17 is the difficulty. I have had the game for 2 days and started playing on Legend from the get go. I lost a couple of matches in the beginning. But now i cant seem to lose.

These are the problems with the A.I.:
They cant land a finisher on me because i have become too good at reversing.
When they do land a finisher I kick out even with the smallest red spot on the pin meter.

I have increased all of the cpus reversal sliders and put my sliders to 0 and they still cant defeat me. I hope 2k somehow updates the A.I Finisher reversal slider. It needs to be more effective when MAXED out.

Another thing i noticed is that i can reverse Charged finishers way too easily. More often than not the cpu goes for a Charged finisher and i reverse it 9 out of 10 times.

Wwe 2k needs to make the difficulty of the Pin Meter wayyyy harder on Legend difficulty. They also have to make it harder for the User to Reverse Finishers especially when the Finisher Reversal slider is set to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #6
Rookie

The replay and Highlight System is totally broken on Xbox One.
More often than not it only replays the pin.
The move/finisher before the pin is not shown.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: WWE 2K17 First Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeart2422
The biggest problem that i have with WWE 2k17 is the difficulty. I have had the game for 2 days and started playing on Legend from the get go. I lost a couple of matches in the beginning. But now i cant seem to lose.

These are the problems with the A.I.:
They cant land a finisher on me because i have become too good at reversing.
When they do land a finisher I kick out even with the smallest red spot on the pin meter.

I have increased all of the cpus reversal sliders and put my sliders to 0 and they still cant defeat me. I hope 2k somehow updates the A.I Finisher reversal slider. It needs to be more effective when MAXED out.

Another thing i noticed is that i can reverse Charged finishers way too easily. More often than not the cpu goes for a Charged finisher and i reverse it 9 out of 10 times.

Wwe 2k needs to make the difficulty of the Pin Meter wayyyy harder on Legend difficulty. They also have to make it harder for the User to Reverse Finishers especially when the Finisher Reversal slider is set to 0.
I didn't see it mentioned in your post but try to turn off the indicators.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 10:37 PM   #8
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
I almost wish there was no pin meter. Program the count based on the damage taken to that point + add in factors for resiliency/match type. If It's Undertaker/HBK Wrestlemania style match then you should obviously get a few more kick outs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »