Home

Why You Should Come Back To WWE Games

This is a discussion on Why You Should Come Back To WWE Games within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Why You Should Come Back To WWE Games

As fans of sports video games, we tend to gravitate towards franchises we know we like, while also being cool on the franchises we know we don’t like. For instance, I am a die-hard fan of NBA 2K and MLB The Show. NASCAR and golf, however, are not necessarily in my wheelhouse. For the past few years, WWE games fell in sort of a gray area.

Prior to WWE 2K17, the last wrestling game I purchased was WWE 11 on the PlayStation 3, which followed a gap of another five years or so between purchases. Like many of you, I looked back lovingly on the days of WWF No Mercy on the N64 and felt that modern-day WWE games were unpolished and clunky.

That’s why I let six years go by before even considering another purchase. I perked up once 2K took over, but decided I would give them a few years before diving back in. Now that I’ve spent some time with WWE 2K17, I realize this break was well worth it and that, while some nagging issues remain, 2K is definitely taking this franchise in the right direction.

Read More - Why You Should Come Back To WWE Games
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I'm waiting for 3 things:

1) Massive price drop
2) All DLC to be released
3) Some serious patchwork on all these bugs

If all 3 of those stars align, I'm in. Otherwise, can't justify the price tag on what is essentially a minor upgrade from last year's version. And still no custom music option? C'mon man!!!!!
Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
This is the worst one for years! - a buggy unfinished mess with so much removed from last year in terms of roster and current CC Is unusable...

My advice buy 2k16 cheap... wait out until they patch this and buy this cheap

No one right now should pay full price for this game...
Old 10-25-2016, 11:50 AM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Why You Should Come Back To WWE Games

I just disagree. Although people don't have to (as you said) you're asking people to drop $100 for the complete game on top of what seems to be the most buggy/glitched iteration of the game (and that's saying a lot) as well. I'd say this article would've been perfect a couple of years ago when they did the chronological era showcase/roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 10-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Pro

zrohman's Arena

OVR: 0
This game is great. Haven't noticed a single bug myself. They are there I'm sure but they are minor and will be patched. You can edit match participants and work through some bugs on your own, many of the rest will probably be patched. I'd give it a 8/10. Needs a tad more variety in my career still, even though they added a lot, but great game and gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

CEOHaize's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy
This is the worst one for years! - a buggy unfinished mess with so much removed from last year in terms of roster and current CC Is unusable...

My advice buy 2k16 cheap... wait out until they patch this and buy this cheap

No one right now should pay full price for this game...

I'm interested in what you feel was removed in terms of the roster? As far as CC I've had no issues with CC besides 1 Caw I tried to download.

Host of The Awakened Soul Podcast
iTunes: https://t.co/2aRfWFw1ia
Google Play: https://t.co/yjgsoZLJ4r

@CEOHaize on Twitter
Old 10-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
Rookie

STEVE42_'s Arena

Almost every match I've played has had something buggy happen. The biggest one was yesterday when I was having a triple threat women's match for the title and after all the entrances were done Enzo Amore appeared out of thin air In the middle of the ring. Once the match started Enzo began beating the crap out of Charlotte while sasha banks(me) and trish stratus fought each other. Eventually another bugged happened where Sasha was completely frozen stiff on the entrance ramp, taking her out of the match. Enzo won the match and became the Women's champ for my universe's RAW brand.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #8
Rookie

owenrock's Arena

I have played this game a bunch since day 1 and personally haven't noticed a thing. I think at least one of the DLC should of been brought out about a week or so after it dropped but that is just nit picking. I have created wrestlers, downloaded some, did Universe mode, My Career and even some one offs and haven't found a bug yet. The only complaint, if you can call it that, is that they look really creepy with the whole "moving" facial expressions

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »