Home

2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus

This is a discussion on 2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Announces Kurt Angle as WWE 2K18 Pre-Order Bonus

Looking ahead, who's the pre-order next year? I'm thinking Hogan, seems like they're starting to run out of people for it to be. Maybe by then they've patched things up enough with CM Punk or Batista?
Old 07-13-2017, 11:37 PM   #10
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
Looking ahead, who's the pre-order next year? I'm thinking Hogan, seems like they're starting to run out of people for it to be. Maybe by then they've patched things up enough with CM Punk or Batista?

Off the top of my head, I would agree that Hogan is a safe bet for next year. Beyond that it depends on if they want to push Showcase again and we'll get a glimpse of that with Angle. If they're doing showcases again for the pre-order guys then I can see sticking with the legend format and going with Edge at some point. Bret Hart, HBK, Eddie Guerrero could be an option at some point, they could always push the 3 faces of Foley when they want. Long shot could see Chyna eventually getting her due, perhaps Trish or Lita. If his wife ever comes around Owen Hart most certainly would get the pre-order treatment. Whenever he officially retires Triple H likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-14-2017, 10:44 AM   #11
Rookie

The problem I see with those guys as pre-order bonuses is that they've already been in the game for years. Hard to get people fired up for someone who they've been able to play as for the last five years.

The other pre-orders were either new or hadn't been in the game for awhile in the case of Angle. Hogan works because he's been out for years at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

The hook on those would be the different versions though. Beyond that, it wouldn't surprise me for them to take someone out of an iteration to bring them back.

But the main lure they would use would be playing as different versions because there really isn't some new character or person that's been missing for a while that could be used as a pre-order bonus left outside of Chyna and Owen. So you would have to do something like making current Triple H available to everybody on the disc from day one, but make the pre-order bonus 2000 Triple H or 2006 Triple H. The Hardy's are available from start, but the pre-order bonus is unlocking the Team Xtreme versions of Matt, Jeff and Lita. That's really the only course left for pre-order bonuses because Punk isn't walking through that door anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #13
Rookie

Chyna would make a good pre-order bonus if they ever get over their issue with her. Especially if she were allowed to wrestle men.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #14
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Warrior
I'm thinking Hogan. Batista is in 2k18 on the Cena Nuff mode or whatever. As for Punk? I'd welcome him but not likely.

They'll probably get AJ Lee back in the series before CM Punk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »